• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Massmurder
    Consigliere
    • Sep 2015

Re: Incentives to new players

I agree to a certain extent. We've had some mates that have college stuff, vacations or just life in general and they take a week or more off from playing the game at all. If they were removed after a week of inactivity that isn't fair. There would have to be a way for people to be able to come back and pick up where they left off.

Comment

• Psycho
      Goon
      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Massmurder View Post
      I agree to a certain extent. We've had some mates that have college stuff, vacations or just life in general and they take a week or more off from playing the game at all. If they were removed after a week of inactivity that isn't fair. There would have to be a way for people to be able to come back and pick up where they left off.
      The idea isn't ban the account. Just remove, they can rejoin anytime.
      Only Red dots removed, yellow dots don't, so, couple wars/week is enough to keep this account.
      It's impossible to have 80~100% active players in same war (like someone said about be hard to control).
      The idea here is clear low tiers, make easy to match another active empire to fight.
      They way things are now, the chance to fight another active empire in bronze or silver is worse than our heist pvp drop. Lol
      Removing inactives only remove dead empires from EvE list.
      High tiers will not have a big impact since they use to kick inactive players to make room to more actives.

One last thing, everybody are talking about EvE only. The thread suppose to be how to help new players.
      I talked about fast regen to small accounts.
      I think the hire allies are a big problem too. It's expensive and sometimes has no return since the guy you paid for isn't active to accept. Maybe paying should be a guaranteed ally not a maybe.
      I think once you spend some in game is more difficult to abandon it. The beginners, the old begginers promo had more chance to sell IMO.

C''mon guys let's bring ideas to incentive new people stay with us.
      Last edited by Psycho; 03-03-2017, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• DL_Joker
        Underboss
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Psycho View Post
        The idea isn't ban the account. Just remove, they can rejoin anytime.
        Only Red dots removed, yellow dots don't, so, couple wars/week is enough to keep this account.
        It's impossible to have 80~100% active players in same war (like someone said about be hard to control).
        The idea here is clear low tiers, make easy to match another active empire to fight.
        They way things are now, the chance to fight another active empire in bronze or silver is worse than our heist pvp drop. Lol
        Removing inactives only remove dead empires from EvE list.
        High tiers will not have a big impact since they use to kick inactive players to make room to more actives.

One last thing, everybody are talking about EvE only. The thread suppose to be how to help new players.
        I talked about fast regen to small accounts.
        I think the hire allies are a big problem too. It's expensive and sometimes has no return since the guy you paid for isn't active to accept. Maybe paying should be a guaranteed ally not a maybe.
        I think once you spend some in game is more difficult to abandon it. The beginners, the old begginers promo had more chance to sell IMO.

C''mon guys let's bring ideas to incentive new people stay with us.
        I agree about allies... I just checked my account and why should I have to spend $50 million for a chance to get a new ally? That makes no sense.

My Regards,
        Joker,
        Manager of Dark London.

Comment

• mr_teflon
          Lieutenant
          • May 2014

the last time I had a war with that many actives turning up in the opposing empire against us like in the 60's the war was over in 4 mins, lol. But seriously if an empire managed to do that they should get the same amount of class coins that they would of got if they had slugged it out the whole 2 hours, would prevent the need to go to lower empires to cc farm.

Comment

• tambunan
            Enforcer
            • Feb 2016

Made the 2nd tier class less expensive to unlock for newer players - been seeing many new players joined up in my current empire, learning the rope, taken liking and then when they try to explore classes - they already exhausted from grinding to build 1st tier and then too intimidated to grind for 2nd tier classes, bored and leave the game. And so goes the cycle...

For many grinder/hardcore gamer this level of grinding might be taken lightly, but for many casual gamer it was intimidating, rather than seeing it as motivation. I don't know if others agreed with me, but me personally wouldn't mind seeing newer players had advantages in grinding classes (either bigger cc bonus or discounted price for classes) as long as it done in period of time - 2/3 months after created. Yes, all the previous grinder might be furious.. But to let people get hooked on the game you'll probably gotta give em a nice bait.

Comment

• Switcharoo
              Lackey
              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by 2ndPrsnLsr View Post
              How about we shorten the season by 1 day, no wars first day, and reset the war opt-in to "no wars". It won't eliminate all of the problems, but a lot of them. Give them 24 hrs to opt in or they don't participate for the season and it's disbanded? It won't solve the problem of a single player or two holding on but it'll help clear the waters

OR any new empire goes into a "just started" class for 30-60 days? After which they get moved into the normal ranking system?

Hell, just rank every empire total and at end of season make it so only top 2000 (or whatever) manage to stay alive.

There's tons of real options, someone just need to pick one eventually.
              That's the best idea yet. But say you need 10? People in that empire to "opt" in to that war season 👍🏻

Comment

• Xcali1985
                Head Boss
                • Jun 2013

I am going on Honeymoon overseas in May, 10 days. A week is not long enough. A month with 0 battle points and 0 donations and yes I agree time to sit them on the sideline.

Require 10 non red players to qualify for eve. Don't need to vote just have enough in active status.

Comment

• Cthulu
                  Retired Game Guru
                  • Dec 2014

I'm not convinced. If I was a new player, none of these suggestions would make much sense to me or seem like an incentive. What about sign-on bonuses from empires that are recruiting? Maybe some kind of marketplace for empires with rewards for the 1st empire joined? Better rewards for a higher ranked empire? FP, stat points, in-game currency, refills, crate rolls, class coins: these are the things I would want as a new player. The rest I wouldn't understand until I wasn't actually a new player anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for things that push players towards playing more together instead of diluting the fun across a lot of barely active empires. It just seems like a separate issue from new player incentives and more like a retention and aggregation problem. Maybe active empires can pay FP to have banner ads show on empire-less accounts? Maybe empires can donate to a general fund for recruitment and set a bonus amount that pays out to new members when they join (make it possible to disburse large amounts of cash or other things)? Streamline or improve recruitment efforts? Drastically overhaul the gifting system, potentially to include gifting across your whole empire and with better gifts depending on your empire rank? Make adjustments so that players no longer need to cc farm, i.e. adjust EvE rewards to include bonuses for early finishes. Make season finishes more important: EvE rewards at the end of season (and PvP cough cough) or some perk to empire boss rank? Maybe have locked optional content only accessible from certain empire ranks and above? Have EvE bonuses based on the number of active members warring, a multiplier to rewards on a win maybe?

New players certainly can have a lot of fun up to a point early on but after that a good empire can really help perpetuate enjoying UE.

p.s. You can drop your inactive members now. The lighting system has made culling based on war activity incredibly simple and there are still the donation, war points, and boss points metrics available. No one will argue the utility of meat shields but activity trumps a few high level, low activity accounts any day. Monthly, weekly purges will only open the door for new friends and fresh activity for your empires. No need to wait for any future mechanisms or content although they will help - get to trimming!
                  Come join us
                  on the official
                  Underworld Empire Discord Server
                  https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

• Wh1t3H4mm3
                    Lackey
                    • Mar 2017

IMO adding a bank to empires were teammates can add a certain amount of cc's to help the smaller toons lvl up skills to be effective in eve. Just a thought.

Comment

• Massmurder
                      Consigliere
                      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Wh1t3H4mm3 View Post
                      IMO adding a bank to empires were teammates can add a certain amount of cc's to help the smaller toons lvl up skills to be effective in eve. Just a thought.
                      That's funny.

We have a lower level sin that joined recently and was saying "dam 10K cc for lvl 3 decap" then a higher level chimes in "I have 50K cc saved, I wish I could give you some"

That's a good idea if we can limit the amount you could donate to another player per week or month, so someone couldn't just start a mini and Max their skills in a couple days.

Comment

• alexian
                        • Jun 2013

What about a new server for new players based on sp? When you accumulate 5000 or 5500 sp (2000 en + 1000 st + 1k or 1.5k whatever you want) you are moved to the big boys server.
                        Limit the empire upgrades up to the "new upgrades" (untill shields, nuke, research lab). By the time you are forcefully pushed to the new server, you already know if you want to stick to the game or not. Plus, the new empire upgrades and empire powers will give you a different tactic, something to look forward.
                        I chose sp based server compared to level based server to somehow equal the builds, although ofcourse, a pure BSI will rule the new server.
                        Launch the events the same on both servers, but limit it by server, meaning, for instance, you will find in Arena opponents only from your server. Similar rewards though, or probably less than top 1k, depending on how many players are in the new server.

Additional changes that need to happen: dead meat purges from empires, boss filters.

Edit: or a 5k - 5.5k -6k sp question (accumulated, so people don't sit on notallocated sp). When you reach 5k sp you are asked if you want to move. If you say No you are asked again at 5.5k, at 6k you cannot deny anymore. This way it gives you time to contact some older players, maybe have an ideea about an empire you will join already, if you want one. Also, you cannot say: I did not know...
                        Last edited by alexian; 03-05-2017, 08:49 AM.
                        48BE8B

Comment

• Wh1t3H4mm3
                          Lackey
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Massmurder View Post
                          That's funny.

We have a lower level sin that joined recently and was saying "dam 10K cc for lvl 3 decap" then a higher level chimes in "I have 50K cc saved, I wish I could give you some"

That's a good idea if we can limit the amount you could donate to another player per week or month, so someone couldn't just start a mini and Max their skills in a couple days.
                          That's the direction I was going with. Max donate could be like 25cc per day per player

Comment

• Xcali1985
                            Head Boss
                            • Jun 2013

Biggest problem I see within the game starting off right now is player exposure.

There should be a separate server with low levels and bots to fill empires and keep them active. Give everyone all the buildings the empire is ran by a bot that removes people once they get to level 100.

The bot can assign new players to empires with players to introduce them to the community and if someone is inactive for more than 7 day sub 100 the bot can replace them with a bot or a new player.

During this 1-100 time there needs to be tutorials and milestones. So you keep your stat point assignments. But once you level level 99 and enter 100 the game removes you from the empire and gives you a message stating you have graduated and have now entered the underworld.

Rank resets along with wins and losses, by then people can have a grasp on what they are going to be dealing with.

Remove the LTs from the black market from 1-100 and replace them with the LTs that are needed for jobs. So people get use to looking for LTs there. I missed a few starting out. I know there are prompts now.

The tutorial needs to walk people though aspects of the game more. It needs to really walk you through the different modes and give you bots to fight in the battle list mixed with players.

In general there needs to be a server with bots and limited access to the higher player base so players don't join dead empires and they don't join empires they can't win in.

Comment

• EliXiR
                              Lackey
                              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post
                              Biggest problem I see within the game starting off right now is player exposure.

There should be a separate server with low levels and bots to fill empires and keep them active. Give everyone all the buildings the empire is ran by a bot that removes people once they get to level 100.

The bot can assign new players to empires with players to introduce them to the community and if someone is inactive for more than 7 day sub 100 the bot can replace them with a bot or a new player.

During this 1-100 time there needs to be tutorials and milestones. So you keep your stat point assignments. But once you level level 99 and enter 100 the game removes you from the empire and gives you a message stating you have graduated and have now entered the underworld.

Rank resets along with wins and losses, by then people can have a grasp on what they are going to be dealing with.

Remove the LTs from the black market from 1-100 and replace them with the LTs that are needed for jobs. So people get use to looking for LTs there. I missed a few starting out. I know there are prompts now.

The tutorial needs to walk people though aspects of the game more. It needs to really walk you through the different modes and give you bots to fight in the battle list mixed with players.

In general there needs to be a server with bots and limited access to the higher player base so players don't join dead empires and they don't join empires they can't win in.
                              By far the best solution I've read yet. Well thought out Xcali1985.

Comment

• Aprilwine
                                Street Boss
                                • Oct 2013

I'm going to be very blunt here...most players are looking for empires to represent them. They feel like if a Legend/Diamond empire accepts them then thats the caliber of player they just became. Thats without even doing a single war. Then when they face a empire that is twice as good as the one they are in they start to wonder if leaving current empire to a better one is what they should do?

I've been recruiting for 4 years and have seen almost everything a empire owner can hope for or wish never happened. One of my favorites is 2 years ago on Thanksgiving day we fought the number 2 empire in the world...yes, it was over in about 10 minutes but the thrill of achieving that made all of us happy. Of course we got demolished for the next two days and several players left...most were new players with low level accounts. What incentive would've made them think about staying? The problem here is how fast a empire can rise in "blind rank". What I mean is a platinum empire could become very active and end up fighting against high Diamond or low Legend in a matter of days. This does not represent what rank the empire is at the time but only dictates what enemy empire they will face. I've always thought there should be some sort of a buffer zone to not allow certain empires into the list of possible empires to face but this would hamstring a empire that just merged and became 2-3 times stronger than they were a few days prior. So I became numb to the fact that if you win 5 in a row you will face a empire that will most likely destroy yours...has nothing to do with average levels.

I think there is enough about this game to encourage new players outside of EvE but inside the core empire as a team the incentive should be ACTIVITY. We shouldn't be looking for new ways to encourage activity for EvE but reward those that do so with a empire they have been with for a certain amount of time. This I'm down for but its still kind of a gray area due to how the war system is set up.

All-in-all its not the empire that represents a player but the player that represents the empire. The mentality with most is to join a Legend empire so they feel like they are legendary. There is no better feeling I've ever got from this game when as a team we place in high diamond and only have a couple of lv1000s. Heck, there are Legend empires with zero lv1000s but with 30-40 active for at least 2-3 wars a day. Remember that great team work comes from communication and a good attitude...not incentive from some bonus for spending a certain amount of tokens or getting the most killing blows. My best advice for new players is to become a active member of a empire with a good attitude and learning how to play from them. Build your toon according to how you like to play and stay in a empire long enough to see it soar from Gold to Diamond...its a great feeling of accomplishment and fun along the way.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X