• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tha dude
    Lieutenant
    • Feb 2014

Re: Something to know about Boss Heist - Jewelry Chasing [Duke]

As I said before...I appreciate the new content,
    But this "mini" event has got me feeling like I'm a victim of the bait and switch. The other heists were something to do and had some decent rewards. Well worth the $ it took to complete them.
    It seems since the damage is based on stamina it assures that almost anyone that wanted to complete the event with max rewards had to pay at least close to $100 to do it. The rewards given for spending that kind of money are ridiculous. Using damage mitigation as a sneaky way to say " Increased cost by X%" is something PA would have done.

Luckily, I got to see a few people blast through it and report on what a waste it was, so I'm not out $100. But I feel bad for those that did.

I hope this is just a mistake and not the direction you guys are headed after what appeared to be an awesome start to your ownership of our game.

Comment

• Dr death
      Kingpin
      • May 2013

I was able to get 3 toons done in the first 8 hours and a forth to that last boss. If you were very quick on the last boss, it dropped very quick, almost like the first boss. On all the other toons, she was brutal. My guess is that was a glitch that was quietly fixed. It did cost those 4 toons almost a VIP but it did result in an Epic crate for some, 2 rares for all. An expensive mini event and I wouldn't do it as anything else but a sniper.

Last toon is on Boss 7 and at this point, I will slow kill it as it is simply too tough for a Super LSI.

Comment

• Moneyball
        Thug
        • Oct 2013

Comments & Observations:

Agree with many here. I finished the event in round 0 (initial round). I clearly have a terrible LT setup given it took me almost 1,000 FP (or 100 refills) to complete. I chose sniper and I have about 15k combined attack/defense. I used Frank for free hits as well and leveled 10 lvls to complete the event. The final boss took ~300 fp alone. Pretty ridiculous. Oh and I have 1,400 stam.

My advice to everyone is DO NOT SPEND for events like this. In hindsight I wish I had taken the FP and rolled crates like someone else suggested because I would have gotten a LOT more value from my FP. Sure I received 50 skill points to allocate from my leveling up and a ton of cash but if I had blown the 100 refills on bosses, energy refills to do dice jobs or crates I would have been much further ahead. I probably would have leveled up the same, had the same cash but received a number of LT's.

I don't think I realized how bad these mini-events were until I completed this one. Most of the other mini events were 5 or maybe 10 refills which seemed ok but this one was absolutely ludicrous. 90% damage mitigation on the last boss, to get 6 rare & 3 epic shards was silly...what was I thinking??? Also, the gem you get, only works with Siri, a past event LT which was pretty worthless so I don't know if this was offered up to appease those that blew money on that event or to punish those that didn't (she is the only event LT I haven't gone for since the Reaper event which was the 2nd event in the game I think).

I like the event, I was enjoying it for a while and I appreciate the developers putting out new content but in hindsight it was the worst waste of money I have ever experienced in this game.

Do yourself a favor and just roll a crate or two versus blowing a ton on events like these.

Comment

Yep, I spent 20fp on last boss despite 90% damage mitigation, it was ridiculously easy so it might have been a glitch as you said (benefits of finishing event within the hour i guess).
          Originally posted by Dr death View Post
          If you were very quick on the last boss, it dropped very quick, almost like the first boss. On all the other toons, she was brutal. My guess is that was a glitch that was quietly fixed.

Comment

• Bungboy
            Hitman
            • Aug 2013

So quick to fix any glitch that happens to benefit the player why am I not surprised😂

Comment

• Immortal1
              Thug
              • Aug 2014

So people who completed it in the first hour only needed to use a couple refills but everyone else had to use several refills or give up. Just a bit unfair.

Comment

• Tresco Jones
                Goon
                • May 2013

By mitigating amount of stam vs boss toughness - kills the whole point of my 'boss killer' build - 3-4 years to build up 2800 stam, and that gives me no advantage in a boss event?

Comment

• Bungboy
                  Hitman
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Tresco Jones View Post
                  By mitigating amount of stam vs boss toughness - kills the whole point of my 'boss killer' build - 3-4 years to build up 2800 stam, and that gives me no advantage in a boss event?
                  Most people defending the heists are saying "the point of heists is to let new players catch up. The big events are for the older players to win at." In response to that I say, the devs never, never advocated for this. Heists are being advertised as "fair for everyone." Not "only for new players." But the balancing doesn't reflect this. It isn't fair at all that the heists are set up to make us essentially "purchase" shards of crates. Free for new players but costs loads of $ for veterans.

This whole "balancing" thing is a load of garbage and let me tell you why. What is the point of having a strong account if you have to spend more money on the event to get the same rewards as new players who are getting the rewards for free? Why even bother leveling up if It doesn't make you any stronger? UE is feeling more and more like a bait and switch cash machine. At first it gives you the illusion that you can build your account and become one of the big fish, but you see, the longer you play and the stronger you become the LESS you get without spending because you don't level up as often so you get less and less "free" level-up free refills. Rather than being rewarded you really get punished for being a higher level.

The truth is, when the devs "balance" these events by scaling up costs for higher leveled players (but not even scaling up the rewards at all, Not even a few extra rare/epic shards or some unique items for killing a boss much, much stronger than weak players'bosses) and making everyone do the same damage, the worse it becomes to be a high leveled player. It starts to takes days and eventually weeks upon weeks to get any "free" refill so you have to spend more and more if you want to participate in anything in the game. Especially these heists where they make you just as weak as a completely fresh new player.

In a way, the more you spend the WORSE your account gets, ironic eh? When you spend, what are you really getting? You're just making your levels take longer and longer so it becomes more and more impossible to do anything relevant in the game without spending. By about level 1000 it becomes pretty much impossible to get something decent without spending because in many cases you can't level up a single time within the 72-hour window of a heist.

You know what I do on my minis? I don't even play them anymore. I just log into them for the daily rewards but I don't spend my energy or stamina, or even do EvE. This is because if I level up, it will make me get less and less shards from the heists if I play in between the heists. Wait until the heists come and then, only then should you play your minis. For free, you eventually end up getting what would cost $300-400 for you to get on your main because you kept your mini a low level. Low levels get far more frequent free energy/stamina refills from leveling up. Like within 30 minutes of waiting you level up for free and get refilled. A level 100 with 250 stamina gets the exact same rewards as a level 2000 with 1000 stamina, only the level 100 doesn't have to spend anything while the level 2000 has to dump money into the cash machine.
                  Last edited by Bungboy; 03-23-2017, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• inboxfull
                    Goon
                    • Apr 2013

Guys please be positive about it. ive been playing since early 2013 with multiple accounts. i think ive spent more than 10k. every month atleast $100-200 and $300-400 on event. so addicted to it and hardly to stop.
                    Now, with the event getting more evpensive, i gradually spent less and hoping to stop spending. on the positive side, it encourage me to stop spending and i can save my money and quit playing.
                    Last edited by inboxfull; 03-23-2017, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Bungboy
                      Hitman
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by inboxfull View Post
                      Guys please be positive about it. ive been playing since early 2013 with multiple accounts. i think ive spent more than 10k. every month atleast $100-200 and $300-400 on event. so addicted to it and hardly to stop.
                      Now, i gradually spent less and hoping to stop spending. on the positive side, i can save my money now and stop my addictions to spent. ��.
                      Spent $10k but I can almost guarantee you can't get even 25% of the rewards from jobs heist/pvp heist/boss heist without spending while a level 100 can get all of them for free.. 😂

Comment

• inboxfull
                        Goon
                        • Apr 2013

sorry for my bad english. i just edit back my post. ure right. i stop at tier one and ignore the heist event. its just cost too much.

Comment

• sdrookie
                          Lackey
                          • Oct 2014

hello, i just executed the final boss and pressed exit not collected. then the boss disappeared. is this normar or glitch?? if it was normal then i should have never spent my refils.. its like spending money for crap shards

Comment

• p@go
                            Brawler
                            • Jun 2016

Originally posted by sdrookie View Post
                            if it was normal then i should have never spent my refils.. its like spending money for crap shards
                            Oh, yes. U just get shards (rare and epic) and mysterious token from heists atm. The only item u got "on top" this time should be a "shadow diamond". Take a look in ur inventory. But it is just of help when u have Siri (cause it adds +10% attack to Siri).

But pls be fair: I have minis on my own. I dont understand why ppl keep saying "they get all for free". They dont. My minis have 400 stamina and surely dont need to hit a boss as often as a "high stam account" but they still are far away from completing this heist. They are maybe 1 or bosses "in front". No more, no less. But more because i chose them all to join heist as Sniper, wish my lvl700 Sin had done that. So they maybe "minis" get a couple more shards, but they dont get "all". At least my minis wont get to stage 6 i guess, maybe not even to stage 5. Stamina isnt all, the minis are pretty weak.
                            Last edited by p@go; 03-23-2017, 12:10 PM. Reason: shadow diamond added

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
                              Brawler
                              • Dec 2016

My smallest mini, level 120 something, and 250 Stam, Lucas and Hector seated, and levels every 6 or so hours. Only on 4th wave.
                              No matter your toon, this is a money pit of an event.

Comment

• p@go
                                Brawler
                                • Jun 2016

Originally posted by NutzOfDeez View Post
                                My smallest mini, level 120 something, and 250 Stam, Lucas and Hector seated, and levels every 6 or so hours. Only on 4th wave.
                                No matter your toon, this is a money pit of an event.
                                That is why i said: Minis have an advantage but are far away from getting all loot for free. They wont finish and they wont come as far as many ppl think without spending also.

Comment

Working...
                                X