• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy_CO
    Goon
    • Mar 2014

Diablo/King/Enzo/Raven medallions

Sorry to create another thread so soon with another question/complaint/source of confusion, but it deals with the faction insignias (including Shadow insignia) and the medallions for the 4 LTs in my thread title.

Anyway. I understand fairly well that the faction insignias don't exactly double the count of lieutenants in that faction; rather, they simply add your count "again". (Add 1 + number of faction insignias in your inner circle, times the number of faction lieutenants you have, to get the count for the bonus. Notwithstanding Yugo.)

But, when you have one of the medallions, it makes any non-affiliated (shadow) lieutenant also count for purposes of the bonus for the named lieutenant. That said, at that point, why wouldn't Shadow insignias perform the same function?

My specific example goes with my stamina loadout, which includes King, and I also have King's Medallion. My inner circle in this loadout consists of Vanquish, Sin, 4* King at right hand (adds 2 stamina per Syndicate lieutenant), 7* Yugo (adds 50% to the lt count), and 4* Lady Vice (65% clone). I have 25 Syndicate lieutenants and 38 Shadow lieutenants. My base stamina is 2048 (yeah, I'm a math geek). I get a 10% building bonus, so +205 from that.

So by my calculations, 4* King alone, no Syndicate insignia, would give an additional 50 stamina. 1 Syndicate insignia would give 100 stamina, but since I have 3 Syndicate insignias equipped, so that takes my count to 100 Syndicate lieutenants for a 200 stamina bonus. Add 50% to the count, now it's 150 Syndicate lieutenants/300 stamina. 65% clone by Lady Vice adds another 195 stamina. King's Medallion adds 38 to the count, I believe. Plus another 50% (Yugo) takes to 57, so 114 stamina. 65% clone of that gives 74.1 stamina, so 75.

Add it all up: 2048 + 205 + 300 + 195 + 114 + 75 gives 2937 stamina. And lo and behold, my stamina is 2937 with that lineup. But notice, I didn't double (or "add again") the shadow LT count with my 2 equipped Shadow insignias. If I do, then that would turn into a count of 114 due to King's Medallion plus Shadow insignias, plus 50% from Yugo to get to 171, or 342 stamina, plus 65% to get 222.3 (223). So reworking for what I think "should" be the calculation, it turns into 2048 + 205 + 300 + 195 + 342 + 223, or 3313 stamina.

Am I way off base in thinking like this? I know the medallions *only* work on the lieutenant they are designed for, but why wouldn't the Shadow insignias boost that further?
  • Newwo
    Thug
    • Feb 2015

Re: Diablo/King/Enzo/Raven medallions

I think medalion should work like this - you have 25 syndicate and 38 shadow, so 25+38=63 syndicate to count. Then count as usual.

Comment

• Andy_CO
      Goon
      • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Newwo View Post
      I think medalion should work like this - you have 25 syndicate and 38 shadow, so 25+38=63 syndicate to count. Then count as usual.
      It does, actually; but the counts are further affected by number of Syndicate insignias you have equipped in your inner circle (each adding another 25 to the count), and are NOT affected by number of Shadow insignias in your inner circle, which seems incorrect to me. I think they each should be adding 38 to the count myself.

Comment

• UWE_Duke
        Developer
        • Jul 2016

It is what it is now, reasonable or not. Game now is balanced based on the current behaviors of the faction insignias and medallions. Can't change it.

What I can tell you is, it was a bug that those insignias give you so much bonus, it should be way smaller. However it now becomes a feature and we need to stick to it. Please do not demand the medallions be broken too. Thank you.

Comment

Please leave as is. If it is a bug we are getting so much bonus ( who here is not using Mafia loadouts for whatever gimmick they can think of ) then it's one all players are at least benefiting from
          Originally posted by UWE_Duke View Post
          It is what it is now, reasonable or not. Game now is balanced based on the current behaviors of the faction insignias and medallions. Can't change it.

What I can tell you is, it was a bug that those insignias give you so much bonus, it should be way smaller. However it now becomes a feature and we need to stick to it. Please do not demand the medallions be broken too. Thank you.
          Personally working on acquiring Raven and other Medallions for fun.

Comment

• Andy_CO
            Goon
            • Mar 2014

And thanks again Duke! I suspected the initial issue was incorrect coding of the faction insignias. I kinda sorta might have kept my mouth shut for a while on this for that very reason. No, don't break the medallions! (Although if you wanted to add a Consigliere's Medallion I wouldn't complain. )

Comment

• Mdwstrnkid
              Consigliere
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Andy_CO View Post
              Although if you wanted to add a Consigliere's Medallion I wouldn't complain.
              +1

Comment

Working...
              X