• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KOFOLA
    Soldier
    • Jul 2014

Re: The issue with France heist event

Originally posted by Babaju2 View Post
    Ehh the Amsterdam job heist turns out to be exactly the same as France. My minis are completing it without spending, and my main can't get anywhere without using refills. It seems the devs didn't use any of the feedback from this thread.. I suppose at least if your build has over 2k energy, you start spending less.

Just gonna start adding more energy to my build. If you have 6k energy you can do the heist in maybe 3-4 refills which is acceptable except it's gonna take forever to get to that amount of energy. At least we have an incentive to go past 2k energy now I guess. I had a hunch nothing would be changed so I've already added another 400E since creating this thread.
    Bingo

Comment

• Aprilwine
      Street Boss
      • Oct 2013

For some reason I dont feel the need to complete these mini events. As a BSI I've always been behind in events except for the WW3 event. I dont level often but when I do I drink Dos Equis...stay thirsty my friends!
      sigpic

Comment

• Cthulu
        Retired Game Guru
        • Dec 2014

I still prefer the jobs mini-event with its guaranteed rewards and stat points to the random drops of the pvp mini-event

Amsterdam seemed cheaper than France (in refills)? Less money though?
        Come join us
        on the official
        Underworld Empire Discord Server
        https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

• Bungboy
          Hitman
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Cthulu View Post
          I still prefer the jobs mini-event with its guaranteed rewards and stat points to the random drops of the pvp mini-event

EvE>jobs>pvp. EvE was my favorite because it didn't discriminate based on level, energy, or stamina. And it didn't cost money. Next time we have an EvE heist, just add 1-2 epic shards to the rewards and it's perfect. Jobs heist is balanced unfairly, but I agree it's better than the pvp heist was.

Comment

• Allwyn
            Hitman
            • Dec 2016

Heist is fine to attract and keep new players addicted to the game .... Dont understand why tough guys crying over a MINI event... Save those Fp's or refills for the main event. you'll do a great Job

Comment

France took me 17 refills with my energy build. This took me only 3 refills. So it's definitely much improved and cheaper from my perspective(my energy build today is the same as it was for last event).
              Originally posted by Cthulu View Post

Comment

• NocRob
                Banned
                • Apr 2016

Since anecdotal evidence seems to be the thing--this heist event has cost me a refill for each individual job. I've only done 5 and won't be doing any more, but I can't imagine it suddenly gets easier. The last one alone was almost 2200 energy. So ~17 refills. Way too expensive for the "benefits."

But as people have pointed out--you're not required to do these. It's an added way to experience the game. I just won't be.

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
                  Brawler
                  • Dec 2016

France Heist my 1000 energy toon had close to the same energy requirement as my 2500 energy toon.
                  This one, just on the first job, my 1000 energy toon spends 34 on the first job, while my 2500 energy toon spends 76.
                  So if nothing else, it looks like they removed the cap on energy, and scaled it to meet how much energy you have a lot better.

Comment

• Bungboy
                    Hitman
                    • Aug 2013

I did some calculations to see whether an energy build is worth it for job heists.

First job on my 1st mini with 2054 energy costs 70 energy.
                    70/2054 = job 1 costs 3.41% of your energy.
                    3.41/100 = 29.3 energy expenditures to completely deplete your energy during job 1

First job on my main with 2600 energy costs 75 energy.
                    75/2600 = job 1 costs 2.88% of your energy.
                    2.88/100 = 34.7 energy expenditures to completely deplete your energy during job 1

First job on my 2nd mini with 3100 energy costs 83 energy.
                    83/3100 = job 1 costs 2.68% of your energy
                    2.68/100 = 37.3 energy expenditures to completely deplete your energy during job 1

So they obviously removed the 2000 cap because the energy cost now increases beyond 2000 energy. This means they nerfed energy builds (which is a bad thing), but we can see that building energy to some extent is still effective if you want to save money during heists. Having 3100 energy instead of 2000 energy gives you roughly 8 extra taps on a job so you spend about 22% less on refills. It's probably worth investing in an energy build if you plan to do these heists when they come up but the effectiveness diminishes so it seems optimal to stop at somewhere around 3k energy.
                    Last edited by Bungboy; 03-15-2017, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Mercurial
                      Soldier
                      • Mar 2016

Roughly 2500 energy for the first job, 2760 for the second. Then the counter stops on 99% always a joy having to spend again for the 1%.

Feels way worse to me than the last job heist.

My main concern is the 'value' applied to the shards varies. Free for EvE heists, then some weird sliding scale for job heists. Finally for the stamina heist it's literally just RNG.

For 320 favour points you get 12 crate rolls, that should give you a rare and 11 other LTs. Some people are having to spend that much just to earn a third of a crate.

Seriously if you use more than a couple of refills you would be better off just buying crate rolls.

Game economy is completely out of balance.

Comment

• Bungboy
                        Hitman
                        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Mercurial View Post
                        Roughly 2500 energy for the first job, 2760 for the second. Then the counter stops on 99% always a joy having to spend again for the 1%.

Feels way worse to me than the last job heist.

My main concern is the 'value' applied to the shards varies. Free for EvE heists, then some weird sliding scale for job heists. Finally for the stamina heist it's literally just RNG.

For 320 favour points you get 12 crate rolls, that should give you a rare and 11 other LTs. Some people are having to spend that much just to earn a third of a crate.

Seriously if you use more than a couple of refills you would be better off just buying crate rolls.

Game economy is completely out of balance.
                        'Value' is my main concern as well. I understand that spending is optional, but why should anyone bother doing the weekly mini events if spending on them gives you less bang for your buck than if you spent FP on dice jobs, Black Market LTs, or even crates? If they're limited time events, spending on them should at least be better than spending on things that are available to us 100% of the time.

For the rare and epic crate rolls you also have a very, very high chance at rolling fusion junk because they have literally every rare/epic LT in them. I rolled a Kate on my Ghost main and a Lucky Shot on my demo mini. Both fusion fodder. Makes me question whether I should even spend a cent on these heists. If I wanted a Kate I could've gotten 3 of them from Westside with what it cost me to get a rare crate roll from the heists.

Anyway don't get me wrong. Rewards like 15 rare shards and 3 epic shards for completion would be perfectly fine if it didn't cost so many refills for a 2k energy account to obtain them.
                        And I know we don't have to spend, but it isn't "whining" to post on the forums that the value is awful. Heists are new content but for the majority of us, there just isn't any value in spending on them. We have to try to get the devs to make changes. Otherwise it's just dead content with a shiny "event" banner (other than the EvE heist).
                        Last edited by Bungboy; 03-16-2017, 02:39 AM.

Comment

• tambunan
                          Enforcer
                          • Feb 2016

If you're gonna spend refills anyway this one's good.
                          If you're run out of jobs and like extra sp, this one good too.
                          If you're short on cash for that cayman, this one helps.
                          If you're need 4 more shards on rare rolls, you'll probably get it with two refills or less.

For whats its worth, and all the downside (and hoping for improvement ofc) this one holds more positives value than its negatives. Some builds at certain levels might say all points above does not meet their demand, but how about the rest?

Comment

• Prime-
                            Soldier
                            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Aprilwine View Post
                            Get prepared for more things like this new event to stabilize the company that owns this game. It happens in all games where after the 3 year mark new players have to feel worthy of sticking around. It is a business model in the new age of online gaming. I think we should be grateful this game does not implement a monthly subscription and allows us to continue to play at our own leisure.

A good question to ask yourself is how many veterans are spending like they used to? I would think the numbers drop significantly around the 2 year mark so since this game is a business model (or it wouldnt exist) the company needs to have a way to reward new players and at the same time make it interesting to older players. IMO this new little event rewards crate shards that will enivitably lead to a horrible crate roll. Its just my experience with crates that make this new event very underwhelming. Bravo to those that scratched Reaper with thier first scratcher and bravo to those that roll back to back epic LTs but in the 3+ years of playing crate rolls are meant to be a short lived surprise that ends up with coal in the stocking.

As for what makes this event good is most veterans have a mini or two. This is where veterans can feel young again while boosting thier minis faster than the normal game allows. Also the cash payout is nothing to scoff at for vets and newcomers alike. All in all its mini events like this that cater to the newcomers and the main quarterly events that benifit the veterans or paying customers. I support this event and others down the road like it and think we shouldnt compare the level power between our minis or newcomers to accounts that have been built for over 3 years...the comparision shouldnt be there
                            Well exactly i have been playing for 3 years on a bsi and am only level 500 but i believe there needs to be a closer cap between newer players and old time 2000+ players otherwise it turns off new people fast especially with people being able to hit any level.

Comment

Working...
                            X