• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eris667
    Brawler
    • Jun 2015

Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

Thank you for the well articulated comments @Alpha6776

Interestingly - HQ super is about worthless for us, High Diamond / Low Legend
    Our Super Progression was Bunkers (defense) and Research Lab (offense)
    We did try them all - I think each empire has to figure out what works for their activity level, EvE tier, and accounts

*I like the idea of matching supers canceling each other (similar to how Research Lab is now), would add a different twist on supers and the strategy of which one to activate
    *I like the idea of inactive meatshields getting a debuff
    *I like the idea of empires being dissolved that do not have "enough" actives (threshold / timing would require a balanced approach)
    *Interesting idea, auto kick accounts from an empire that are 3mo with no activity, auto disband empires with less than 9 members

Comment

• Maverickâ„¢
      Lackey
      • May 2015

If all 3 empires... DT, AF,LS all using the same super power is it not just down to activity and tactics alpha?

Comment

• alpha6776
        Goon
        • Nov 2015

Only if all the empires had the same composition of levels and classes. If one empire goes really Titan heavy with lots of health it may actually be impossible to kill all players in 2 hours with HQ superpower activated.

I'm just after parity amongst and between the superpowers. If HQ or ST cancelled HQ then it forces us all to keep changing and makes things more interesting

Comment

• DFish
          Brawler
          • Mar 2015

So our empire tried using nuke super power. We fired it right away to napalm and plague as many people as possible. It worked okay, killed 5 low Heath toons by the end of the war. Plague seemed to miss actives and didn't hit as many people overall.

We lost most of the wars using nuke. Usually we use research lab and would have likely won 2 of wars we lost if we used the lab.

Suggestions: up splash percentage to 75% or allow 2 launches if under 50% with a 30 min cool down between, or up the RNG for hitting building with most people in it, or create fall out that works like napalm for shields only.

Comment

• fbc765
            Enforcer
            • Aug 2016

Originally posted by dfish View Post
            so our empire tried using nuke super power. We fired it right away to napalm and plague as many people as possible. It worked okay, killed 5 low heath toons by the end of the war. Plague seemed to miss actives and didn't hit as many people overall.

We lost most of the wars using nuke. Usually we use research lab and would have likely won 2 of wars we lost if we used the lab.

Suggestions: Up splash percentage to 75% or allow 2 launches if under 50% with a 30 min cool down between, or up the rng for hitting building with most people in it, or create fall out that works like napalm for shields only.
            ty for the results, ive been wanting to give it a shot and try it out

Comment

• Mobile Mob
              Lieutenant
              • May 2016

Duke I have a suggestion for Armory superpower: Deduct 1 minute from Armory level 1,2 and 3 max 2 min 30 seconds.
              Armory level 1 = 5min - 1min =4min regen time
              Armory level 2 = 4:30min - 1min =3:30min
              Armory level 3 = 4min - 1min =3min
              We have level 2 Armory and have too wait 1 week for Sara too charge superpower.
              It is not overpowering if we have too wait 1 week too activate Armory superpower only for 3 eve wars?
              The 4th eve war everyone is sleeping/inactive.
              Last edited by Mobile Mob; 03-08-2018, 12:46 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

• Xcali1985
                Head Boss
                • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Mobile Mob View Post
                Duke I have a suggestion for Armory superpower: Deduct 1 minute from Armory level 1,2 and 3 max 2 min 30 seconds.
                Armory level 1 = 5min - 1min =4min regen time
                Armory level 2 = 4:30min - 1min =3:30min
                Armory level 3 = 4min - 1min =3min
                We have level 2 Armory and have too wait 1 week for Sara too charge superpower.
                It is not overpowering if we have too wait 1 week too activate Armory superpower only for 3 eve wars?
                The 4th eve war everyone is sleeping/inactive.
                It’s part of the encouragement to get players in more active empires without shutting them down or removing inactive. Just like the empire rewards during events now.

I’ve made the change even though I’m not spending currently.

Comment

• Irish
                  Brawler
                  • Apr 2016

Ok heres my 2 cents. Im not in a big empire, we have 20-30 actives in war and i feel like im pretty unbiased as it comes to these big guys arguing. By the way we use research lab.

It sounds like to me these empires are arguing over empire composition. Sounds like LS is more geared toward offensive players and these other teams might be geared more toward defense. Otherwise the super would effect both teams equally.

Alpha admitted that these other teams have large players like himself, so it goes to reason that they are being hindered along side him.
                  So both teams have big guys being capped out at 2k.

Now we cant just do a power that negates the HQ power because some people dont like it due to thier empire composition.

Sounds to me like like its complaining over someone trying to capitalize on a particular aspect of the game.
                  The same way people complained about the lieutenant Ace’s power and those that capitalized on it.

Every empire has the ability to change composition, either by recruiting or changing classes (obviously changing classes is rough due to lieutenants being wrong).

In my opinion because the power is usable by either team its legit and not unfair.

Now i could see maybe a buff to the sniper tower that maybe halfs dodge, nano etc. to give a better boost to offensively oriented teams. Maybe even something along the lines that makes it so only so much damage can be dodged, nano, and even capped by hq super. Im not sure what hits look like up there in the big leagues but maybe something like only 5k damage can be dodged, nanoed, or capped. Anything over 5k would still get added.
                  This makes larger hits still count but still keeps the efficacy of the hq superpower intact.

Seems fair right?

As far as the sleepers/inactives are concerned i think its a good idea. I think if you are inactive in any war you should have a 25% reduction in defensive power with any class skills turned off.If you are also a red dot your health gets reduced by an additional 50%. Or maybe some combination of this.

Class skills have to be effected because of the high health low power deflecting enforcers. Just a reduction in power doesnt effect them.

Or maybe something more cumulative like -1% health, defensive power, everyday until you are down to 1500 health and 1k defensive power.

This would actually hurt my empire because our biggest 3 players only sign in once or twice a month. But it doesnt make sense that people who dont even play can impact a war in such a large way.

I welcome any input and hope you guys and gals like my ideas.

Comment

• Dr death
                    Kingpin
                    • May 2013

Alpha as a member of a group in a Top 5/7 empire, I agree with you on the next round of upgrades. We are down to a Nuke and Lab.

I agree for every offensive weapon, there should be an equal defensive one. This goes for Lts also.

If you want to �disburse’ the big accounts around, then hold an EVE style event where we are randomly placed based on level. Keep it short 30 minutes max at a time. That way other players get a chance to team up with some of the bigger players chat with them a bit and maybe learn something about the game.

The shutting down of inactive empires is a must. This is a social game.

Another EVE style event would be to have your buildings upgraded or nerfed based on your average level vs your opponent. The Big 3 when facing the rest of us, would have to play with a brand new empire set up (keeping the 80 players of course) while the other team would have every building super activated. Now that the sides are �evened out’ winning comes down to actives, tactics and skills...with a tiny bit of luck there also.

Another thing, all of the passive powers of a player should be worthless until they join the EVE. That is how you handle players that are not playing anymore. Their Lts still work, just not their class skills.

Comment

• Aprilwine
                      Street Boss
                      • Oct 2013

I don't mind if inactives get a % reduction in defensive power or have the health boost removed if they have a red dot. But I also don't think this promotes activity. Some have stated the removal of inactive empires but what criteria has to be met before the game zonks that empire from existence? It can't be the attendance of a main account due to how many players run 3-6 mini accounts (don't really know how that can be deciphered). I do have a solution but it would seem too hardcore for casual empires or starter empires to agree with. How about any empire over 6 months old that places gold/bronze for a extended period of time gets the axe? Is this too harsh? I think it is but I also think there needs to be some penalty for inactivity. I also hold the empire leader and officers responsible for maintaining a thriving empire but to tax them for not being able to acquire decent accounts due to the youth of a empire doesn't make sense either.

My big proposal for a inactive empire would be to archive that empire. Meaning the empire cannot enter EvE wars if inactivity criteria is met. This would alleviate most of what seems to be the major problems talked about and would also give a dead empire the opportunity to rise from the grave and someday have the ability to be competitive again. Deleting a empire seems too harsh but archiving the empire till criteria is met gives me faith that we are not making a big mistake with empires that did spend money at one point in time.
                      sigpic

Comment

• alexian
                        • Jun 2013

@aprilwine: auto-boot inactives of 1 month. Delete empires that have 0 wars for a complete season (December - February / March - May / June - August / September - November).

What I think that will happen is next:
                        - empires with good activity already are not so really affected
                        - empires with top upgrades (bunkers with over 30k bunkers, for instance), but with lower activity, will be split in 2:
                        - empires that will continue to run with top upgrades but with only 20ish members
                        - empires that will be abandoned. The members will either go to the above empires (boosting the empire to good activity) or to empires with already good activity. Others will just leave the game.

So, the empire leaderboards will look like:
                        - Legend - empires with good activity
                        - Diamond - empires with top upgrades but 20 members (no meat shields, since they are regularly booted) plus empires with mediocre upgrades but good activity
                        - below - room for empires and new players to grow naturally. To not meet regularly empires with 20k + shields and top nuke

Of course, there will always be those "corner scenarios", where imbalances will happen, but I think those will be more the exception and not the rule.

Why delete empires with no activity? Sure, it will help low toons to just join an already upgraded empire and also it takes a long time to get to Armory lvl 4(or whatever lvl) for fastest token regen, but in that case it still is not a natural progression.

As a note, it takes only 7 members to be able to war. So, one empire can be held alive by one determined person (or 2), but only 7 members will not get very far with it.

That is a plan for at least 8-12 months, though, until an equilibrium will be created and it will create a place that allows new toons and new empires to grow.
                        Last edited by alexian; 03-12-2018, 11:07 PM.
                        48BE8B

Comment

• Aprilwine
                          Street Boss
                          • Oct 2013

Originally posted by alexian View Post
                          @aprilwine: auto-boot inactives of 1 month. Delete empires that have 0 wars for a complete season (December - February / March - May / June - August / September - November).

What I think that will happen is next:
                          - empires with good activity already are not so really affected
                          - empires with top upgrades (bunkers with over 30k bunkers, for instance), but with lower activity, will be split in 2:
                          - empires that will continue to run with top upgrades but with only 20ish members
                          - empires that will be abandoned. The members will either go to the above empires (boosting the empire to good activity) or to empires with already good activity. Others will just leave the game.

So, the empire leaderboards will look like:
                          - Legend - empires with good activity
                          - Diamond - empires with top upgrades but 20 members (no meat shields, since they are regularly booted) plus empires with mediocre upgrades but good activity
                          - below - room for empires and new players to grow naturally. To not meet regularly empires with 20k + shields and top nuke

Of course, there will always be those "corner scenarios", where imbalances will happen, but I think those will be more the exception and not the rule.

Why delete empires with no activity? Sure, it will help low toons to just join an already upgraded empire and also it takes a long time to get to Armory lvl 4(or whatever lvl) for fastest token regen, but in that case it still is not a natural progression.

As a note, it takes only 7 members to be able to war. So, one empire can be held alive by one determined person (or 2), but only 7 members will not get very far with it.

That is a plan for at least 8-12 months, though, until an equilibrium will be created and it will create a place that allows new toons and new empires to grow.
                          I agree but auto-booting inactives after a month would force me into recruiting and trust me when I say the population that would deal with our casualness is slim to none. Just deal with the entire empire and leave the ones that have 3 year long inactives but still place high diamond alone. Old school meat shields are still viable
                          sigpic

Comment

• alexian
                            • Jun 2013

That is the whole point. Recruit to remain relevant, or accept to play with only 20 members (my empire case, which would be very effected if auto-boot will be introduced).

I think most of the empires with lots of inactive meat shields are sustained by casual people. That old saying "cc empire" is not very relevant for 3+ years players. They are maxed on the main class. I see it more of a "xp empire". I don't think casual players are hard to find. Just hard to make them switch empires.

What will happen in case of auto boot? At first, most of the players will remain in existing, crippled, empires. That is like 1 month minimum. After maybe another 1-2 months, they will re-evaluate how it is playing with insufficient defenders. How it is to be a Ghost, but forced to be put in the line of fire, cause, 90% of your players are Ghost / Snipers. And then it will happen. Either quit the game, or look for another home (here including also recruiting).
                            But, as I mentioned before, I do not know the number of active players. There is a risk that the number of empires will remain so low, so the game is not so really attractive to the new players.
                            An offer of "Play with MILLIONs of players NOW in the LARGEST, most INTENSE, SOCIAL CRIME MMO!" sounds more attractive than "community of 20k players". Now you can hide the actives number by placing them between all those meatshields, not anymore if the meat shields are not in empire. And I am not talking about delete toon from game, just remove from empire. They can continue to play very, very casual, or they can always join an empire later if they want to return to the game. All it takes is enter game once per week and do 10 clicks to donate to your empire, to appear in the leaderboard and avoid auto-boot.

In case someone doesn't get the reference, its the game's description in App store.
                            Last edited by alexian; 03-13-2018, 06:13 AM.
                            48BE8B

Comment

• Xcali1985
                              Head Boss
                              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Aprilwine View Post
                              I agree but auto-booting inactives after a month would force me into recruiting and trust me when I say the population that would deal with our casualness is slim to none. Just deal with the entire empire and leave the ones that have 3 year long inactives but still place high diamond alone. Old school meat shields are still viable
                              Simple. The issue isn’t that there are empires full of inactive. The issue is meat shields. So if you are red status you cannot be seated in a defensive position in eve.

When red you automatically revert to HQ offense and cannot be placed back into defense until you reach orange.

Keep your meat shields if people want to hit them after everything else is destroyed go for it.

Have the system send a message to the officers that says “xxx has been relocated to HQ Offense due to inactivity. You may want to fill it’s spot. “
                              Last edited by Xcali1985; 03-13-2018, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• alexian
                                • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post
                                Simple. The issue isn’t that there are empires full of inactive. The issue is meat shields. So if you are red status you cannot be seated in a defensive position in eve.

When red you automatically revert to HQ offense and cannot be placed back into defense until you reach orange.

Keep your meat shields if people want to hit them after everything else is destroyed go for it.

Have the system send a message to the officers that says “xxx has been relocated to HQ Offense due to inactivity. You may want to fill it’s spot. “
                                Or that 👆🏻
                                48BE8B

Comment

Working...
                                X