• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guy
    Brawler
    • Apr 2015

PVP ideas

Once you have a 30, there's no incentive to PVP other than when you need to keep it. Sure, some people want #1 or a sweet win/loss record, but in game, there's no incentive. Cash isn't even incentive anymore. Big accounts don't need it and Cayman Islands almost nullifies Hotwire.

What are your ideas to spice up pvp again?
  • tambunan
    Enforcer
    • Feb 2016

Re: PVP ideas

Giving it kind of incentives such sa (i already completed all pvp achievement so i'll rule them out):

1. Weekly/monthly challenges: with loot (epic or a chance at legendary or something) as rewards (bosses gives you items, surely it makes sense to hand some loots for pvp player?) in example: 50 execution in a week, 100 and so on; 1000 duel win etc make it so that it only counts if it done to player within Their level to 300/400 levels difference. If they throw 5-10 epic shards per week probably people would try their hand again in pvp.

2. Or even build weekly ranked arena based on levels ( yes level, not rank whatsoever) : with the old battle royale system with tokens recharge and same health to all players - and rank them from their stats (most win, executions, money robbed etc) with (again) loots or shards.

I can go on and on but without extra rewards/loots pvp has lost its charms compared with what boss hunting has to offer.. It just how it is these days - why would you waste thousands of stam just to have a temporary badge (that probably will cause you to get farmed at the end of month) or 15 sp while you could have a shot at boss achievement/loot/insignia or even favor points and cc with boss hunting?

Comment

• Bungboy
      Hitman
      • Aug 2013

I only pvp around the first week of the month. I can get BR 27 with only around 1.5-2k stamina so it's worth it for the 15 SP. Other than that, there is no reason to do pvp.

Comment

• corp5e
        Captain
        • Nov 2013

I PvP for EvE. At rank 26 you get 3% dodge

Comment

• Quaranj
          Boss
          • May 2015

PvP brought me to the game. I usually still PvP more than I boss hunt even though I have all the PvP achievements. IMO, that is how you can tell best how you are progressing amongst the pack. IE: If they're 600 levels above you, are a *similar* build type, and they lose both ways in a duel, you're still doing better than they are.

I feel we get the short end of the stick if we choose to PvP over boss fighting as we miss out on loot drops. (Chempacks especially)

As I see it, in an Underworld scenario, if you just took out an opponent, you would loot the body. Now I am not suggesting taking something away from anyone unable to defend their hoard, but if an X has a side chance to "loot" an item based upon the target's inventory (loot would be generated by the game and not actually stolen - kinda like how the current execution tiers work but along side them) it would really ramp up PvP efforts. This way the devs could balance the X similar to boss drops and weight odds appropriately and allow PvP players to amass Chempacks and other items that they just have no chance of obtaining without grinding bosses. If chempacks were to replace stat converter drops, I'd be okay with this too. (Side note: TBH I am somewhat annoyed by having converters pop up and populate my tech lab when I feel I built up the way I wanted to the first time so I have no need to acquire 3 new ones every day. IE: I will never use them, stop giving me more - let me and others who have finished sorting their stats an option to opt-out. )

If they really wanted to make things interesting, those loot drops *could* be pulled from an inventory on levels 27-30 making going up that high a gamble. They would just have to make sure that people couldn't be unwillingly bounced into that tier just to be looted. Give them a higher chance to obtain better loot up there and some will take that gamble. Especially the biggest of players which, again, IMO are the only ones who *should* be up there. I have gotten the 30 badge from grinding but it was in no-way indicative of strength. I mean I had a 19 badge at 100att/100def just to prove the point that badges can be a psyche-out more than a true indication of strength. It would give the high badges meaning. Right now it just means you are determined to get there.

I don't expect to feel that my ideas above are fully fleshed out. I am just bringing them up to spark a discussion and crowdsource other elements that could improve the PvP experience overall for everyone.

Comment

• Xcali1985
            Head Boss
            • Jun 2013

I would go back to pvp immediately if they fixed the damage to stamina ratio.

It doesn't matter what they add as long as it takes damn near 1/3 or more of a refill to x someone it will never be worth it.

Sure epic shards are nice. The drop rate will likely be in the low single digits which means hundreds of FP refills for 1 Epic and no other items.

I understand people pumped health up when the format changed. Unallocate 1/2 of everyone's health up to 500 SP and let them decide if it's worth adding it back.

Comment

• Quaranj
              Boss
              • May 2015

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post

It doesn't matter what they add as long as it takes damn near 1/3 or more of a refill to x someone it will never be worth it.

Sure epic shards are nice. The drop rate will likely be in the low single digits which means hundreds of FP refills for 1 Epic and no other items.

I understand people pumped health up when the format changed. Unallocate 1/2 of everyone's health up to 500 SP and let them decide if it's worth adding it back.

I think this makes health a liability again.

Perhaps it would be easier if damage scaled based on the differences in strength. I mean realistically, someone as big as Alpha in LS should be able to 1 shot me as quickly (regardless of my health) as any of us who have been here can 1 shot the Alpha boss fight.

I get what you mean... I have spent 80% of a stam bar dropping 1 toon. I'd feel better about that if I knew that it meant our stats were very close but seeing as I never bounced and they consistently left gold guns on my feed, I probably should have hurt them more *per hit*.

Hopefully the devs have some ideas about this because I am in the group who would want my health points back if it was no longer a deterrent to those x hunting. I had insignias for EvE - I only spec'd health after that to lose less to executions in Battle Royale.

Comment

• TFU
                Goon
                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post

This is exactly one of my biggest reasons for rarely PvP'ing.

Quaranj I like the loot the corpse idea, how about a completely new set of items to make in the tech lab that can only be built from parts found via PvP.

Comment

• Quaranj
                  Boss
                  • May 2015

Originally posted by TFU View Post
                  This is exactly one of my biggest reasons for rarely PvP'ing.

Quaranj I like the loot the corpse idea, how about a completely new set of items to make in the tech lab that can only be built from parts found via PvP.
                  Noooooooooo! XD No more grinding parts - Lots of places to do that already and my tech lab is a hot mess of ready-to-build but never will stuff as-is. *coughs* stat converters *clears throat*

Your idea might force boss hunters to PvP to get those items. If they're not a fan of the PvP part of the game it will make them a little less happy about being kettled into an area they would rather avoid in order to gain those items. Kind of like how I feel about having to drop stamina on bosses to get a slough of Omakase, Bubbas and the like just trying to get Chempacks.

Comment

Working...
                  X