• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fbc765
    Enforcer
    • Aug 2016

Re: The issue with France heist event

Originally posted by Babaju2 View Post
    Basically the heists are punishing to veteran/older players and give greater benefit to newer players by a huge margin. An older player is going to have to eat through refills (or fp) in order to complete all 17 jobs, but newer players are going to level up repeatedly during the event (especially since there's a high energy/xp return ratio) and get free refills for leveling up. Newer players basically don't have to spend anything to do the event and get all the shard rewards.

I like the idea and I'm grateful for any opportunities to get rare/epic shards.. but something has to be changed next time because this simply isn't fair. All my minis have way more completion than my level 974 toon, for free.. without using any refills. While my level 974 with 2250 E has wasted refills. This is a major flaw. Higher levels shouldn't be being punished just for having played the game longer.
    U Are totally correct, my bud finished in 15 min, and both of my minis have gotton through double my main and stats between main and minis is a perfect 50/50 ratio, half level and half energy... it is set up and 1 build gets it done too easy while the guys playing for years and that spend would need a few vip's at least to complete i assume. thumbs down on this event, u dont even win anything.. u have to do the next few mini-events to get 1 roll... wow, this did not give all players a equal chance to complete at all.. it is totally off, only thing good is cash

Comment

• Dr death
      Kingpin
      • May 2013

Let's see...17 stat points and about 450M in game cash and that is a bad thing? Need Cayman 10 but can't save that 360M? Heists Need 360M for Safehouse 10? Heists Trying to buy 10 planes or cars for that 500? Heists Need cash to upgrade insignias? Heists

Yeah heists are bad, players don't want or need any of that stuff.

Comment

• tambunan
        Enforcer
        • Feb 2016

Originally posted by fbc765 View Post
        U Are totally correct, my bud finished in 15 min, and both of my minis have gotton through double my main and stats between main and minis is a perfect 50/50 ratio, half level and half energy... it is set up and 1 build gets it done too easy while the guys playing for years and that spend would need a few vip's at least to complete i assume. thumbs down on this event, u dont even win anything.. u have to do the next few mini-events to get 1 roll... wow, this did not give all players a equal chance to complete at all.. it is totally off, only thing good is cash
        Why the hurry? I casually used refills and ended up using only 4 refills to get 6 (nearing 7) jobs done with only 800 energy at level 871. If i be more patience i'll probably using less refills to complete the heist by the end of the event.

While my minis completed about same jobs amount with 2 refills. (I got 3 bsi/low hybrid) where all the said minis having 500 and 800 en and having leveled at max 450. Before the heist i can only DREAM getting epic crate rolls from events if i don't throw minimum 500 bucks spread across my toons. So was this heist event gives an equal chance? Of course. Probably this heist gives me a lot benefit i can't get because of my build. Cash, sp and ultimately epic shards. And cost even less if i add 10 heist to complete one epic rolls between all my account (especially smaller ones).

Not going bash anyone or anything but you have to see it from different perspective. Different folks different strokes, different builds different psyches. After all we're all on the same boat aren't we? Pushing other/rocking the boats too much would cause the ship to flip.
        Last edited by tambunan; 01-11-2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• fbc765
          Enforcer
          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by de7e4e View Post
          8 refills + 138 fp = 220 fp you dumped into this "event" lol. That could have been 8 crate rolls. Ahaha. Instead you have alot of cash and a part of a crate roll that i'd completely useless at the moment.
          agreed 100%, ill roll my crates and take chances and save refills for a boss or battle event

Comment

• Aprilwine
            Street Boss
            • Oct 2013

Get prepared for more things like this new event to stabilize the company that owns this game. It happens in all games where after the 3 year mark new players have to feel worthy of sticking around. It is a business model in the new age of online gaming. I think we should be grateful this game does not implement a monthly subscription and allows us to continue to play at our own leisure.

A good question to ask yourself is how many veterans are spending like they used to? I would think the numbers drop significantly around the 2 year mark so since this game is a business model (or it wouldnt exist) the company needs to have a way to reward new players and at the same time make it interesting to older players. IMO this new little event rewards crate shards that will enivitably lead to a horrible crate roll. Its just my experience with crates that make this new event very underwhelming. Bravo to those that scratched Reaper with thier first scratcher and bravo to those that roll back to back epic LTs but in the 3+ years of playing crate rolls are meant to be a short lived surprise that ends up with coal in the stocking.

As for what makes this event good is most veterans have a mini or two. This is where veterans can feel young again while boosting thier minis faster than the normal game allows. Also the cash payout is nothing to scoff at for vets and newcomers alike. All in all its mini events like this that cater to the newcomers and the main quarterly events that benifit the veterans or paying customers. I support this event and others down the road like it and think we shouldnt compare the level power between our minis or newcomers to accounts that have been built for over 3 years...the comparision shouldnt be there
            sigpic

Comment

More logic, nice.
              Originally posted by tambunan View Post
              Different folks different strokes, different builds different psyches. After all we're all on the same boat aren't we? Pushing other/rocking the boats too much would cause the ship to flip.
              Further logic, double nice.
              Originally posted by Aprilwine View Post
              As for what makes this event good is most veterans have a mini or two. This is where veterans can feel young again while boosting thier minis faster than the normal game allows. Also the cash payout is nothing to scoff at for vets and newcomers alike. All in all its mini events like this that cater to the newcomers and the main quarterly events that benifit the veterans or paying customers. I support this event and others down the road like it and think we shouldnt compare the level power between our minis or newcomers to accounts that have been built for over 3 years...the comparision shouldnt be there
              The same amount of FP i used for heists, 17 refills which is equal to 170 fp will guarantee me not only an epic as time goes on but a rare lt as well with the bonus of EXP and CASH that the crates dont give me as well as ZERO uncommon and common lts and... a mystery store in future.

I truly love the diversity of opinions ( spenders, non spenders, medium spenders ) in the UE community.

Comment

• Nath
                Goon
                • Aug 2014

I have a difference of opinion from the OP. I believe giving new players a meaningful way to catch up is for the betterment of the game. I don't want to find myself playing alone one day...

When these players start to 'catch up' they will suffer the same diminishing returns you are currently experiencing on these features.

Try not to think of it as you are being punished, but rather they are being given an incentive.

Comment

• Bungboy
                  Hitman
                  • Aug 2013

No matter how you look at this, it isn't fair to veteran players. It's all fine and dandy if low levels can get some free rares, epics (and possibly event epics) and I'm okay with that, but if low levels are getting them for free, then high levels should have a chance to get them for free too. Hell I'm okay with the huge cash/energy ratio but what I'm not okay with is the shards.

If low level non-spenders are getting free shards, then not allowing high levels to get them without spending a fortune on every heist is absolute blasphemy. You're telling me it's fair that low levels will have free chances at frank/vice without spending, while I get nothing zilch zero for having played every day for 4 years? Seriously??? That's the thanks I get for being loyal and spending? Giving crates to non-spenders and punishing those who happened to level up (and spent hundreds on) their accounts before these came out? I would LOVE some epic shards so I can get a shot at that frank or vice. So yes this absolutely is punishing. Open your eyes people. It's not at all matter of "just letting them catch up a bit".. The devs said this event was designed to be "equal for all players." Really? Just do some simple math and you'll see that it's completely skewed towards new accs/minis.

And it's not even by a small/moderate amount. You will literally complete the entire area for free (within like 1-2 days) on a low level LSI but on a level 1k+ LSI, you can't even get a single epic shard without spending.
                  Last edited by Bungboy; 01-11-2017, 05:19 PM.

Comment

They are open.
                    Originally posted by Babaju2 View Post
                    Open your eyes people.
                    I for one just happen to have a different view of things

I have seen so many players get stuff that took me 4 years to get within a few months of them joining the game in my 4th year. I see new players get handouts i never did and though i silently rage ( and later whinge to Mist about it {who then provides me drinks to cool off} ), i accept it. I and some others have played this game from day 1 and we have had to accept certain things in game for the the game to survive even though we don't like it.

Will future heists improve from this feedback? We will see. Are older players sometimes not feeling the love? Sure ( I still owe Mist money for been my therapist over the years ). I see it all as give and take really... it could also be because UE is not the only game I play and spend on ( game addict ) that makes me see positives in stuff like this even though each refill i spent per job made me grind my teeth while other players i know had it easy.

Me likey this suggestion....

Originally posted by Mobile Mob
                    I suggest increase the time to complete the heist for higher level players and players with 1000 energy and up.
                    and increase the job completion % for higher energy for example if you are low level 16 energy gives 4% job completion and higher level 70 energy gives 16% job completion.
                    Maybe that will even things out.
                    I am just trying to give a solution to the problem.

Comment

• Xcali1985
                      Head Boss
                      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Mobile Mob
                      I have the same issue.
                      Both my toons level 110 now level 127 are finished with the France heist.
                      My main level 610 are still busy with the heist.
                      I have to wait 2 hours 45 min before I can do a single job and then have to wait another 2 hours 45 min @ 4% completion.
                      The job takes 50 energy and gives 63 exp.
                      I read that some of the jobs require 70 energy. That is 70x3.3= 3 hours 51 min.
                      I don't know if I will be able to finish before the 72 hours expire.
                      My toon only has to wait 51 min before it can generate enough energy for the next job. 16 energy and gives 20 exp.
                      I am grateful for the money. Both my toons have enough money to take safehouse from level 3 to level 8.

I suggest increase the time to complete the heist for higher level players and players with 1000 energy and up.
                      and increase the job completion % for higher energy for example if you are low level 16 energy gives 4% job completion and higher level 70 energy gives 16% job completion.
                      Maybe that will even things out.
                      I am just trying to give a solution to the problem.
                      Maybe removing the time limit fixes everything, but at that point it's just another secret area with different rewards.

I never expected this to be a "free" event where you could obtain everything without spending refills or FP. However, that's exactly what happened on my mini.

I find it comical that the same people that were against re-releasing event LTs for others to have a chance at after a year being out, are so ok with others "catching up" now.

This was never an issue with the regular events because it didn't scale and the investment in your character paid off.

I like the move towards looking at a fair and balanced way of the game, making it so all players have an equal and fair shot at the ultimate prize no matter the start time. I just think this one needs tweaking on the scaling part.

All in all though for a first run I thought it was fine.

Comment

• Quaranj
                        Boss
                        • May 2015

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post
                        Maybe removing the time limit fixes everything, but at that point it's just another secret area with different rewards.

I never expected this to be a "free" event where you could obtain everything without spending refills or FP. However, that's exactly what happened on my mini.

I find it comical that the same people that were against re-releasing event LTs for others to have a chance at after a year being out, are so ok with others "catching up" now.

This was never an issue with the regular events because it didn't scale and the investment in your character paid off.

I like the move towards looking at a fair and balanced way of the game, making it so all players have an equal and fair shot at the ultimate prize no matter the start time. I just think this one needs tweaking on the scaling part.

All in all though for a first run I thought it was fine.
                        I agree with all of this - probably sums up how I feel about it most. I simply chose not to spend because of the scaling, I don't feel like I am missing out too terribly bad by choosing to do so here.

Comment

• Mist
                          Retired Game Guru
                          • Jan 2013

The scaling issue needs a look certainly. Otherwise it's not a bad concept. But eventually the only new thing in this is the mystery token and I am hoping for a nice surprise to see what it does. Fingers crossed.
                          sigpic

Comment

Legendary Heist lt? Can't wait to see what it is
                            Originally posted by Mist View Post
                            But eventually the only new thing in this is the mystery token and I am hoping for a nice surprise to see what it does. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• o-side
                              Lackey
                              • Nov 2014

I like the idea of these mini events but with my build it is way too expensive to clear them. I'm lvl 1860 with 590 energy. Because i'm over lvl 1500 it cost me the most which makes no sense to me actually.
                              I need 4/5 refills to only complete 1job...
                              Why does your level have to matter in a energy event?

Comment

This seems to be the main issue here and hopefully the Devs will improve this. My energy set up minimized my pain but pain it was non the less.
                                Originally posted by o-side View Post
                                Why does your level have to matter in a energy event?
                                Mobile Mob had suggested a way in above posts for Devs to tweak the below format:

Originally posted by UWE_Duke View Post
                                Energy Cost:
                                The Energy Cost for Job Heists is customized for individual players based on the following factors:
                                - Player Base Energy
                                - Player Level
                                The cost doesn't scale up/down infinitely as the above two factors change.
                                - 2000 Energy OR Level 1500 will reach the maximum cost.
                                - 200 Energy AND Level 150 will reach the minimum cost.

Comment

Working...
                                X