• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NutzOfDeez
    Brawler
    • Dec 2016

Crate Rolls

I am sure this has been brought up a ton, but I have to say that crate rolls are straight up trash. I know it's a good way for easy cash flow and such, but man those odds are bullcrap.
    Including the 7 Valentines rolls I gifted myself, my last 12 rolls have gone as such:
    Common, common, common, common, common, common, common, common, common, common, common, and you probably guessed it - common.

Onto my suggestion - instead of taking weeks to save up crate shards, so that you may roll common after common, what is the possibility of doing like is done with insignia prices, and make levels?
    Maybe 30 for a crate roll, 60 for uncommon for above, 90 rare and above and say, 200 for epic? That should follow suit of all the other astronomical goals represented in UE.

Part suggestion, part vent. Don't see it going anywhere, as most don't, but there you have it.
  • Fosspher
    Thug
    • Aug 2013

Re: Crate Rolls

I have to go agree that the chances of getting things are way to bad. I have spent over 100$ last month only to receive commons and 2 uncommons.
    I recieved Gman as a daily login bonus and he was much more worth than all the crap I got combined.
    The bang for your buck simply is just way too low. You shouldn't feel like an idiot after spending...
    Guess I can only spend money at events to make sure I actually get something

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
      Brawler
      • Dec 2016

Yeah I have stopped putting any kind of FP into crates after the Valentines crap.
      I have pretty rudimentary math skills, but even I can figure out that 12 commons for 12 rolls is a bit more than the 55% that is displayed.

I am burning through the secret jobs now and have yet to receive anything worth while.
      However, I did get a Layla from daily login this morning

Comment

• tambunan
        Enforcer
        • Feb 2016

The most important thing in this game if you're planning to spend -IMO was to avoid a buyer remorse.
        It tooks all the fun in this game.

Plan your spending, use only your disposable income - to avoid any guilt or disappointment after hitting that bad luck streak (especially on those little #%*+^#% crates..)
        There was no certainty on fixed chance from crates (tbh i dunno how they decide if on some rolls i rolled that 5% and 55% in same time) - but others have already shared their experience in forums (usually in "i hate this section" lol)

Some had worse luck than you, some even made you jelly to the point that you want to slam your phone. But yes, such as the nature of gamble.

Just hold off if you're feeling you're on losing streak and resume when you're feeling luckier. Me? Im retired from that cursed little rolls.

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
          Brawler
          • Dec 2016

After I finish Secret Jobs, I shall forever retire from those cursed crates (aside from the one at the end of the rainbow when I piece together shards).

Luckily I can say I've managed my way through this game on 5 measly USD between 5 toons

Comment

• Bungboy
            Hitman
            • Aug 2013

I really can't enough express my disgust for the crates. 200+ rolls on Invasion crate and I have never, ever gotten a single copy of Alpha, an LT I desperately need as a level 1025 Ghost. A rare LT, not even an epic. I don't think I'll ever have a copy of him unless he gets offered as an event reward.

Never spend on crate rolls. If you want LTs just farm Westside. At least you won't get 20 Lotus in a row. If you want a guaranteed rare or epic crate roll you'll have to earn it through spending on heists and events. Though I recommend only spending on events. They'll never make rare/epic crates buyable with FP or easy to obtain.
            Last edited by Bungboy; 03-12-2017, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
              Brawler
              • Dec 2016

Yup I am event only guy, and normally I don't spend on those either as I'm still pretty new to UE (Almost to the 1 year mark

Comment

• DFish
                Brawler
                • Mar 2015

I change my class before rolls, hoping to get a better LT for my class.

I have 5 toons. I started 2 as HWs and did all my rolls as HW. What LTs did I roll? Sniper LTs, Alpha, Overkill, Hyena. My sniper, my sin, and enforcer? I basically rolled worthless LTs for all those classes.

So now I only roll as HW, I'll sure it has nothing to do with it, but it's sad when you think it does.

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
                  Brawler
                  • Dec 2016

Originally posted by DFish View Post
                  I change my class before rolls, hoping to get a better LT for my class.

I have 5 toons. I started 2 as HWs and did all my rolls as HW. What LTs did I roll? Sniper LTs, Alpha, Overkill, Hyena. My sniper, my sin, and enforcer? I basically rolled worthless LTs for all those classes.

So now I only roll as HW, I'll sure it has nothing to do with it, but it's sad when you think it does.
                  Haha I know how you feel. My Ghost has a Mastermind.

My level 200 Enforcer? Violence, Overkill and Dragon Lord. Won't complain as they are at least better than constant Lotus, but the celebration is bittersweet for sure.

Comment

• Pokeypooky
                    Lackey
                    • Dec 2016

Yes crates suck, always have always will. Hyena is useful for demo, as it adds pure damage to your attack. (Works while demoing building too). Overkill and alpha and you're complaining? Great great lts for a bossing loadout 👌🏻 And your level 200 has overkill dragon lord and violence? Again overkill and dragon lord great for bossing. Violence is good for any toon, as it adds to your attack and defense. One of the best pvp lts in game imo.

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
                      Brawler
                      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Pokeypooky View Post
                      Yes crates suck, always have always will. Hyena is useful for demo, as it adds pure damage to your attack. (Works while demoing building too). Overkill and alpha and you're complaining? Great great lts for a bossing loadout ���� And your level 200 has overkill dragon lord and violence? Again overkill and dragon lord great for bossing. Violence is good for any toon, as it adds to your attack and defense. One of the best pvp lts in game imo.
                      Yeah I've come to just appreciate anything that I get, no matter the build. I think I started this thread annoyed at a run of bad RNG luck, but then I figured just keep going and eventually luck turns around.

Comment

• Bungboy
                        Hitman
                        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by NutzOfDeez View Post
                        Yeah I've come to just appreciate anything that I get, no matter the build. I think I started this thread annoyed at a run of bad RNG luck, but then I figured just keep going and eventually luck turns around.
                        Yup just rolled my first Alpha ever a couple weeks ago lol. LT loadout for bosshunting and EvE is finally finished. Overkill, Alpha, Hyena, Reaper, Pain. Just have to star them up (mainly Alpha cause his crit goes so, so high at 7/8/9*).

Anyway the odds still suck but the good news is we get 15 shards on 10th day login now. 18 more free crates per year is decent. Combine the daily login with EvE collect and the cement shoes execution and now we get up to roughly 3-3.5 crates per month assuming we join most EvE and try to get cement shoes proc each day. So at best we earn 36-42 free crates per year. We also saw about 16-18 easy crate shards in the last EvE heist. It would be nice if we could have an EvE heist happen on a random weekend each month.
                        Last edited by Bungboy; 04-16-2017, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
                          Brawler
                          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Babaju2 View Post
                          Yup just rolled my first Alpha ever a couple weeks ago lol. LT loadout for bosshunting and EvE is finally finished. Overkill, Alpha, Hyena, Reaper, Pain. Just have to star them up (mainly Alpha cause his crit goes so, so high at 7/8/9*).

Anyway the odds still suck but the good news is we get 15 shards on 10th day login now. 18 more free crates per year is decent. Combine the daily login with EvE collect and the cement shoes execution and now we get up to roughly 3-3.5 crates per month assuming we join most EvE and try to get cement shoes proc each day. So at best we earn 36-42 free crates per year. We also saw about 16-18 easy crate shards in the last EvE heist. It would be nice if we could have an EvE heist happen on a random weekend each month.
                          Agreed with everything. Before they daily rewards update, I would forget the last time of get a crate roll. Now it's like every few days, at least 1 of my toons get a roll.

Congrats on your Alpha roll bro, sounds like a wicked lineup

Comment

• Malikar
                            Brawler
                            • Jul 2014

I've tracked crate rolls from shards and events. Between all accounts, I've gotten 1 epic this year out of 51 rolls. I would have to get 2 epics in my next triple roll (which will never happen again as I'm done spending) to barely get ahead of the advertised 5% chance.

So one could claim that I haven't done enough rolls of 1 in 20 is expected. I would offer the fact that in those 51 rolls. I rolled the exact same common 3 times in a row TWICE. Literally the last triple roll was the exact same worthless common LT. Given 8 commons and 55% chance per common, there's about a 1 in 400 chance of doing that. The RNG gave me once a good epic and twice it gave me something horrible that is 20 times more unlikely to get.

This is twice I got a 1 in 400 chance during the same period I only once got a 1 in 20 chance.

Something needs to be done... once again in a mid level legend prime time war that has hardly any activity.

Comment

• mr_teflon
                              Lieutenant
                              • May 2014

my usual rolls are usually the same common normally, so glad dont waste money on them, felt like screaming the other week when fang dropped twice in a row on one account, and niles twice in a row on another then theres the fact that some suspect that this games percentages are not like true percentages with rng messing around with things thrown into the mix.

Comment

Working...
                              X