• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • analytical
    Street Boss
    • Aug 2013

Re: Insignia usage and placement discussion

Just to clarify the terms, do I have this right?

EQUIPPED - an insignia has been attached to an LT.
    SEATED - an LT is seated in a loadout of the inner circle.

LT skills are enhanced by EQUIPPING.
    Player skills are enchanced by SEATING EQUIPPED LT's.

Is that right?
    Just a bit analytical.

Comment

• Dr death
      Kingpin
      • May 2013

Originally posted by analytical View Post
      Just to clarify the terms, do I have this right?

EQUIPPED - an insignia has been attached to an LT.
      SEATED - an LT is seated in a loadout of the inner circle.

LT skills are enhanced by EQUIPPING.
      Player skills are enchanced by SEATING EQUIPPED LT's.

Is that right?
      You are right on the money.

Comment

• analytical
        Street Boss
        • Aug 2013

Go for the max seat bonus.

I've noticed that the insignia bonuses are applied before the seat bonuses. So if, for example, you have a Lv 1 common insignia that gives +7 attack, and you equip the LT in your assassin seat (they could be a heavy - it's not the class, it's the inner circle seat on the left end), that LT gets +14 attack when seated.

Based on that observation, I'd be inclined to EQUIP the insigni (what is the plural of insignia? just insignias?) in a way that maximizes the bonus:
        ATTACK - Assassin (you get double the bonus)
        DEFENSE - Captain (you get double the bonus)
        HEALTH - no matter
        After that Assassin or Captain is full, I'd EQUIP the underboss, so I'd get a 50% bonus.
        After that, if I got more attack, I'd put it on the Enforcer (the inner circle chair, not the class. It's the second in from the left). You'll get a 10% bonus.

As for leveling them up, after they are equipped, +1 attack is +1, whether it's on an epic or a common insignia. I intend to follow Dr Death's advice and level each one up 5 levels (to get to the next subskill). It's cheaper to level up the low-level commons, but you get such a sweet payoff from the high-level epics. I can't say which is best, but I can say that most days I get to where I can't afford to update the high ones any more, and I still have plenty of allow and cash to level up the common ones. You could try that as a hybrid approach.
        Just a bit analytical.

Comment

• proproprof
          Soldier
          • Sep 2013

My findings so far

1) Level up with Daily award
          Level up 2 level within a day only when you can get daily award for insignia tech lab piece

2) Insignia tech lab piece
          Combine for Epic/Rare only, I wasted 3 for an uncommon at first trial

3) Fail to upgrade
          It happens most at Level 6/7, so either follow suggestions from buddies above to upgrade to 5 is good at first stage

Comment

• analytical
            Street Boss
            • Aug 2013

Prof, are you saying to limit the upgrades to 2 per day? And this is because you get a daily bonus for 2 and no more? I think that once you have a dozen or so, you could probably do more leveling and still not miss a daily prize. That's the point, right? Not to miss any daily 2-upgrade prizes? Maybe upgrade any new insignia to 5 and then pace yourself after that? What are you recommending here?

And in the tech lab, are you saying that the daily upgrades can be spent in groups of 3 or 7? Spend 3, get a shot at a common or uncommon? Hold on to them until you have 7 and get a shot at a rare / epic? Like a weekly free one?
            Just a bit analytical.

Comment

• proproprof
              Soldier
              • Sep 2013

Hi Analytical, I only use Epic/Rare insania, in case I upgrade all of these useful insignia with all alloy on hand, then it is difficult to get the next daily award for upgrading insania level because of fail rate and high alloy for each attempt. Then I will be forced to upgrade useless common insania for the achievement but selling high level insania does not get the alloy back. So I suggest not to rush level up the useful insania all at once. Sure you can upgrade new obtained insania but I think it is not a guarantee to get a useful type every time.

You are right, stack 7 pieces to get an Epic/Rare in tech lab and not to spend 3 pcs for a useless common.

Comment

• Marc
                Thug
                • Mar 2013

What happens with insignia's when you fuse Lt's?

Do yoo need to unequip them first?

Comment

• Bonsai
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2014

no if you make same lt, they stay, if you fuse into another, they unassign, you do not lose them.

Comment

Renn response is quoted below.
                    Originally posted by Marc View Post
                    What happens with insignia's when you fuse Lt's?

Do yoo need to unequip them first?
                    Originally posted by UWE_Renn View Post
                    If you combine, the Insignias remain on the LT.

If you fuse away an LT with Insignias, we will either:
                    1. Unequip the Insignia [free of charge]
                    2. OR if you have the SAME lieutenant with a different star level, it's remains equipped.

UWE_Renn

Comment

• Bonsai
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2014

insigs.jpg

Above are my insiginas to date, not including the epics I already have assigned to LTs, the question is what to do with all these rares, commons, uncommons?

Comment

• Selene
                        Retired Game Guru
                        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Bonsai View Post
                        [ATTACH]4076[/ATTACH]

Above are my insiginas to date, not including the epics I already have assigned to LTs, the question is what to do with all these rares, commons, uncommons?
                        Upgrade the Commons, leave the Rares and Uncommons alone.

If we define Epic insignias as 100% cost effective, then Rares are 87%, Uncommons are 96%, and Commons are 120%.

Suppose it takes X resources (alloy+cash) to get roughly 100 SPs (skill points) by upgrading only Epics. Then if you use the same X resources to upgrade Commons only, you would get about 120 SPs.

If you want to see the methodology/calculations, check out http://underworldempireforums.com/sh...877#post131877
                        Inactive as of July 14, 2015

Comment

• SharnThoR
                          Brawler
                          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Selene View Post
                          Upgrade the Commons, leave the Rares and Uncommons alone.

If we define Epic insignias as 100% cost effective, then Rares are 87%, Uncommons are 96%, and Commons are 120%.

Suppose it takes X resources (alloy+cash) to get roughly 100 SPs (skill points) by upgrading only Epics. Then if you use the same X resources to upgrade Commons only, you would get about 120 SPs.[/url]
                          I concur... Commons are much cheaper to upgrade as well. That's all I'm doing now for the daily achievements. Admittedly, some of these commons aren't too bad at higher levels.
                          sigpic

Comment

• NickyB
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2014

I sell my commons, uncommon and rare Insignias. I get more Alloy and more Cash to upgrade my Epics.

I'm not rushing on this, Insignias are here to stay so I want to make sure I equip only the best ones to my Inner circle. I see it as not a 100m race but more like a Marathon.

Comment

• 69FC48
                              Goon
                              • Nov 2013

I'm taking it slow too but juz that no single non-epic insignia was sold except those with +Health...
                              teammate capture screen that insignias were brought to war during PvP (war)

Comment

• Mateusz
                                Goon
                                • Jul 2013

It seems that only the insignia equipped to Lieutenants are taken to War.
                                I currently have quite a few and when I War in PVP I only see the ones equipped included in the list.

Originally posted by 69FC48 View Post
                                I'm taking it slow too but juz that no single non-epic insignia was sold except those with +Health...
                                teammate capture screen that insignias were brought to war during PvP (war)

Comment

Working...
                                X