Clear All
  • Airmid
    Community Manager
    • Nov 2012

Have Questions about Empire Battles? FAQ

Empire Battles Information/FAQ
    - Most of your general questions should be answered here

Preface

The object of this guide is to keep everyone up to date on some of the new features that will be coming soon. This way we are all on the same page making our teamwork optimal and streamlined.

Empire Upgrades

There are also different upgrades each Empire can purchase using the donations their players contribute. Each upgrade increases a different aspect. There are upgrades that increase stats such as attack (Combat Training) as well as Defense (Fortification). Plus upgrades that can increase the number of members allowed in an Empire (Leadership) and the amount of Money Earned (Extortion). These upgrades are worldwide and are a huge benefit to anyone who decides to be in an Empire!

Empire Battle Basics

To Join an Empire Battle access your Empire Page and the hit the HQ tab. This will prompt you to join the battle or view your HQ. After selecting to join, you will be asked to pay an entrance fee of 20 stamina. Each Battle Lasts 2 hours.

The object of Empire Battles is to score the highest point value by destroying the opposing Empire’s Buildings and Enemy Players. Players start with 10 tokens which have a 5 minute regeneration (which can be upgraded for a faster regeneration time). The maximum amount of tokens you can hold at one time is 30. Sleeping members still accumulate tokens but at a slower rate.

Each action you take during the Empire Battle requires tokens (no Stamina or Energy will be used other than initial cost to buy into the fight). By using tokens you will be attributed Action Points. These action points allow others to see how well you are doing.

After a Battle is over, players will receive class coins and experience. Class Coin amounts will be determined by activity points as well as winning or losing. From winning your battle, players will also obtain normal experience and cash funds.

Empire Battles consist of a 3x3 grid which holds 9 different buildings. Each building houses a specific amount of players that both defend and attack. During the battle, there is a Fog of War on the field which only allows the opposing team to see the first row of buildings (Fig. 1). However, there are exceptions. Snipers can see and attack the first two rows (Fig. 2); Assassins have the ability to see one building in the back row in which they can attack (Fig. 3).

In order to destroy a building, the defenders (denoted by a shield) must be disposed of first before one is able to attack the building itself. Once a defender has already been defeated, even if healed, will no longer be counted towards the number of building defenders.

Status Effects:
    • Wounded
      - Any time a player drops below 200 health they are considered wounded (i.e. Dead)
    • Stunned
      - When a player is stunned their damage output is lessened
    • Sleep
      - When a player is missing in action during the Empire Battle they will show with this status effect
    • Healthy
      - No status Effects and above 200 health

figureoneempirebattleguide.pngfiguretwoempirebattleguide.pngfigurethreeempirebattleguide.png

Battle Times:

Empire officers have the ability to alter the battle schedule. There are four battle time slots scheduled per day (2AM, 8AM, 2PM, and 8PM PST: GMT-8) of which you can sign up for three and must choose at least one. All eligible empires will be involved between 1 and 3 battles per day.

To Change battle times, tap the EDIT button in the upper right hand corner. Green squares will indicate the battle times for which you are currently scheduled. The check boxes are used to select different battle times. To confirm, tap the CONFIRM button. Changes to the empire's scheduled battle times will only take effect once per day - the effect will be updated at midnight GMT. Please note, the popup used to change battle times will NOT update to show you the pending requested change, it will only show you what is already scheduled for the current day.

Empire Battle Tiers

leaderboard_bronze.jpgleaderboard_silver.jpgleaderboard_gold.jpgleaderboard_platinum.jpgleaderboard_diamond.jpgleaderboard_legend.jpg
    Bronze - Silver - Gold - Platinum - Diamond - Legend

All Empires start in the Bronze Tier. Dependant upon how your empire performs in each tier is how your rank will be determined. When an empire has a ratio of more wins to losses compared to other Empires in their tier after a certain number of battles, they will advance. Conversely, It is possible to fall to a lower tier when you have more losses.

Buildings

Each Empire has 9 slots in which to place One Headquarters and Eight other buildings. Each building has its own abilities and limitations. (Fig. 4)
    Empire Officers have the ability to move buildings. As to how: first, select the building you wish to move and then select the move option. Next, select the building slot number that corresponds to where you want that building to move. The two buildings that have been selected will change places.

figurefourbuildings.jpg
    • Warehouse
      - The warehouse is a generic starting building that can be changed into a different building. Once changed though, it can not be changed back (Fig. 5). The maximum amount of warehouses that can be placed on the field is seven.
    • Sniper Tower
      - Sniper towers give bonus damage to any player that is stationed offensively in the Sniper Tower. The Maximum number that may be on the field at once is one.
    • Hospital
      - The Hospital allows an empire to use a limited amount of “heal packs”. The Maximum number that may be on the field at once is one.
    • Armory
      - The armory increases token regeneration. The Maximum number that may be on the field at once is one.
    • Safehouse
      - The safehouse gives those in the defender slots a defense bonus. The Maximum number that may be on the field at once is two.

figureFourBuilding Upgrades.jpg

Classes and Skills

All players have a base damage and random bonus before additional attack/defense bonuses as well as mitigation correlating to each player’s relative stats.

Class Strengths

Enforcer > Assassin > Heavy Weapon > Sniper > Enforcer

Skills

Each different Class has one skill, two passive, and one execution that is specialized to them. The Basic Class Powers add a percentage to attack when against an opposing class. (ex. Enforcers have an additional percentage vs. Assassins)

Abilities and Play Suggestions

An Enforcer’s abilities are best suited for a Tank-like position and have the ability to stun other players. Their execution is an Area of Effect. Health is higher than other classes. When paired with an assassin, they form a good team when against a very offensive lineup.

Assassins do extra damage to both sleeping and stunned players. When playing as an assassin, it is not necessary to attack the front line as they can also back door and attack the center back line. This makes them a good pair with an enforcer to combat offensive teams. Their execution allows them to recover a token.

Snipers with upgraded scopes can see past the Fog of War into the second row of buildings and pick players of from there. They also have increased critical hit chance as well as dodge. Snipers, while offensive, make a relatively good counter to a defensive team such as the Enforcer/Assassin combination as their dodge and critical chances are high.

Heavy Weapons are the Area of Effect rulers of the game and do the most damage to buildings out of all the other classes. They are best when there are many adversaries in a tight area. Their execution has a chance to do collateral damage to the buildings surrounding their opponent.

Other Important Information:
    • To Participate in Empire Battles, an Empire must first have at least 7 players
    • When a player has been defeated, they can still participate in attacks but will only do آ½ damage and would be unable to use class skills.
    • There is an autocollect for items earned during Empire Battles after X amount of time after the battle has finished.

Conclusion

This guide should have served as a quick and easy information source for keeping up to date. If there are any other questions you may have about different parts or specifics to the Empire Battles Feature, feel free to ask. Everything is subject to change in the future.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Airmid; 02-28-2013, 11:36 PM.
    sigpic
    Never lose your curiosity!
  • Anshin
    Consigliere
    • Jan 2013

Re: Have Questions about Empire Battles? FAQ

Thanks for the invite, Airmid. Here i go:

1. Please give us the gist of how the war will work. Is it basically the same as the Guild Wars in CA?

2. What will determine who wins? In other words, what must we do as an empire to win a war?

3. How many members can we have after the upgrade? Still 50? 100? 200?

4. How do I contain my excitement? I am driving everyone around me crazy.

Comment

• Manimal
      Developer
      • Dec 2012

A FAQ will be posted soon on your new HQ / empire wars, where many many questions will hopefully be answered

Comment

• Airmid
        Community Manager
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Anshin View Post
        Thanks for the invite, Airmid. Here i go:

1. Please give us the gist of how the war will work. Is it basically the same as the Guild Wars in CA?

2. What will determine who wins? In other words, what must we do as an empire to win a war?

3. How many members can we have after the upgrade? Still 50? 100? 200?

4. How do I contain my excitement? I am driving everyone around me crazy.
        Minus question number four - all your questions should be answered above.
        sigpic

Comment

• Anshin
          Consigliere
          • Jan 2013

Thanks, Airmid. That was a great guide, and I think I get the gist of what needs to be done.

I do still have on burning question: the 200 health mentioned in the Status Effect section, does that refer to our normal HP? Or, is that something different that we are assigned when we join the battle? Please advise. Thanks!

Comment

• Airmid
            Community Manager
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Anshin View Post
            Thanks, Airmid. That was a great guide, and I think I get the gist of what needs to be done.

I do still have on burning question: the 200 health mentioned in the Status Effect section, does that refer to our normal HP? Or, is that something different that we are assigned when we join the battle? Please advise. Thanks!
            When you start out in Empire Battles you will have the following HP:
            3x Health Stat + 1200 = Health for Empire Battles

Unless you are an Enforcer Class then the formula looks like the following:
            4x Health Stat +1200

Ex:
            • Non - Enforcer
              Health Stat = 100
              3x100 = 300
              300 + 1200 = 1500 health points
              1500 health points is what you would start with in an Empire Battle
            • Enforcer
              Health Stat = 100
              4x100 = 400
              400 + 1200 = 1600 health points

Hope this helps
            sigpic

Comment

• Max
              Retired Game Guru
              • Jan 2013

Airmid, which formula applies to empire wars? Do we bring all our seated LT's (5 chairs) or just our best one? If just the best one, should the LT be seated in the Right Hand chair, or the game automatically chooses the best LT for you.
              I'm kinda confused.
              Also, which rows are the first and which are the last? 1,2 3 are the back and 7, 8, 9 the first line of attack, right? Pls do explain a little bit.
              Thanks in advance.
              Last edited by Max; 03-01-2013, 01:09 AM.

☭ Brotherhood and Unity☭

Check out my Ultimate Boss Guide!
              The most viewed thread in UWE forum

Comment

• Manimal
                Developer
                • Dec 2012

building number 3,6,9 are the front line. when you look at your HQ it's the right side. the "back door" is building slot 7

Comment

• Manimal
                  Developer
                  • Dec 2012

in empire battles, attacks are essentially the same as "duel", but empire powers and class powers also affect the outcome

Comment

• Max
                    Retired Game Guru
                    • Jan 2013

Thank you Manimal! I'm still confused about dueling tho. While dueling, you bring you 5 seated LT's, or just the strongest of them? Or just the right hand one? Or... (confused as hell)

☭ Brotherhood and Unity☭

Check out my Ultimate Boss Guide!
                    The most viewed thread in UWE forum

Comment

• Manimal
                      Developer
                      • Dec 2012

duels and empire battles both use all LTs you have in chairs

Comment

• Anshin
                        Consigliere
                        • Jan 2013

Manimal,

Annunaki did some experiments that seem to indicate that duels do not utilize all 5 LTs. Could you please take a look at his results and help us understand how to explain them? I think this would help us all in planning our strategies. Many thanks for any clarification you can provide.

Here is what Annunaki reported:

Originally posted by Annunaki View Post
                        Ok here it goes I made account exact same stats and equipment I calculate the total def of one and total ark of the other one. The defending account had the two first seat unlocked. The second account has the 3 first unlock. So I use the captain seat 2x def to do my test. I put a general in the captain seat that gave a advantage of +50 atk to the attacker over the defender if you take the def and multiple it by 2. The problem is that I still lose all the duel so it does not multiple the def by 2 and add to your stats I'm out of idea maybe those seats are just not activated in the game yet. Any idea
                        Originally posted by Annunaki View Post
                        Here's another interesting fact that prove that the seat are not used for duel. I did the reverse the account without the captain seat unlock attack the other account with the captain seat. i put the best general In the captain should have had a good advantage but still lost too the account with only two seats. If the intention was to give a bonus with the seats it's just not active yet
                        Annuaki's experiments seem to match this duel formula that was originally posted by Airmid:

The Duel system runs a bit like the following:
                        When Attacking
                        Player Attack stat + 70% player defense stat + (total attack of lieutenant and item stat) + 70% (total defense of lieutenant and items) + % luck factor
                        *Please note that you only bring 1 of each of the three types of weapons (melee, gun, and rifle) as well as vehicle, gear, and a lieutenant*
                        When Defending
                        70% player attack stat + player defense stat + 70% (total attack of lieutenant and items) + (total defense of lieutenant and items) + % luck factor
                        Or, did the duel formula change after the update?

Comment

• Hammer
                          Captain
                          • Jan 2013

I think it's changed. Try dueling someone u'll see. On the screen it clearly show ALL your seated LTs and when I duel someond under lvl 100, they only bring 3 LTs vs. my 5

Comment

• Anshin
                            Consigliere
                            • Jan 2013

@Hammer: Thanks! That changes things quite a bit. Shifts the balance toward those with epic LTs. Also, means the duel formula is now probably the same as the boss fighting formula.

@ Airmid or Manimal - please a few more questions:

1. How are the final points in the empire battle results calculated? Based on my first battle experience, I am guessing that it is the number of enemies killed + (number of buildings destroyed x the points assigned to each building).

2. What did Manimal meaning by empire powers affecting the outcome of the battles? What empire powers are these?

Thanks!
                            Last edited by Anshin; 03-01-2013, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Muppet
                              Street Boss
                              • Jan 2013

@anshin.

I believe the empire powers that manimal refers to are the ones you can upgrade by donating money on the skyscraper when you are on the HQ tab. It will make a big difference to battles but it is dependant on guild member donations......this I like a lot, it will allow us officers to determine who isn't bothering to improve the guild.

Comment

Working...
                              X