• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DL_Joker
    Underboss
    • Oct 2014

About Gaea

Not sure where to put this, so General Discussion it goes!

Many of you know me, many of you don't. However, I'm sure almost all of you were just as skeptical about Gaea taking over as I was. I was in a very negative place after a cumulation of terrible things, much of it centred around the inevitable hate I received as a GG, but I was entirely insistent that Gaea would be the finishing stroke on the game.

Recently, people have been contacting me. After a short while, I caved and decided to check it out for myself. Reading through forums, and looking at the game itself, I might've been wrong. People have told me Gaea has been a significant improvement, and looking at how things have been recently handled, I'm forced to agree.

The community is still somewhat dead, and forums look barren, but Gaea has been changing things for the better. Enough so, that even I trickled my way back and several of my empire members redownloaded the game to reform Dark London. I'm back? I guess. And to any long term players who still lurk on the forums but don't play:

Much still needs to be fixed, but Gaea is trying to fix it. I am genuinely optimistic about the future, for once, and I hope they continue doing what they're doing.

My Regards,
    Joker,
    (Former) Game Guru,
    Manager of Dark London.
  • tambunan
    Enforcer
    • Feb 2016

Re: About Gaea

Welcome back (?)

Its always nice to see an active players/forum contributors back in action. for what they've been doing - in my opinions Gaea has given what we (at least myself) longing for while - communications. Past two month has been filled with new things: 2 mini events, mysterious tokens etc, at this point i'll gladly take anything to spice up my never ending grind. Will we see more community activity in the future? I do hope so.

All in all i've enjoyed what they've been doing to this game and i hope they continue their good job.. And hopefully will bring back more retired players lol

Comment

• kosau
      Goon
      • Dec 2015

Welcome back Joker !

Comment

• DL_Joker
        Underboss
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by kosau View Post
        Welcome back Joker !
        And thanks.

My Regards,
        Joker,
        Manager of Dark London.

Comment

• Guy
          Brawler
          • Apr 2015

Welcome back. I agree, Gaea has improved communication and made quick with player concerns.

I fear it's too little too late. There are so many issues that have gone on too long. The Sara pieces not dropping and purposely being ignored was a waste of time that can't be recouped.

I for one, am out. Player since day one of the US release. Best wishes.

Comment

• Guy
            Brawler
            • Apr 2015

It's the scalability of the game, which is something I've always known but chose to ignore.

A 9* Epic for example. When I started, it was a pipe dream. But then as the game progressed, they actually made it HARDER to get one.

The legend items from the tech lab are another example. I built a crazy toon just to try to obtain those items and it's STILL exhausting me and forcing me to spend more money than I should.

And think about how much money a player like Freeman in Dream Team has spent on this game. Still doesn't have a 9* Epic. Still doesn't have Sara's gun.

And when you finally get to the end of the rainbow, what do you get? Some of the powers of the tech lab legend items are TERRIBLE when compared to their cost in time and money.

So far, Gaea has done a great job. If they want to get players back, I'd say the first step is to increase the size of the carrot and reduce the length of the stick it's been dangling from for all these years.

Comment

• DL_Joker
              Underboss
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Guy View Post
              It's the scalability of the game, which is something I've always known but chose to ignore.

A 9* Epic for example. When I started, it was a pipe dream. But then as the game progressed, they actually made it HARDER to get one.

The legend items from the tech lab are another example. I built a crazy toon just to try to obtain those items and it's STILL exhausting me and forcing me to spend more money than I should.

And think about how much money a player like Freeman in Dream Team has spent on this game. Still doesn't have a 9* Epic. Still doesn't have Sara's gun.

And when you finally get to the end of the rainbow, what do you get? Some of the powers of the tech lab legend items are TERRIBLE when compared to their cost in time and money.

So far, Gaea has done a great job. If they want to get players back, I'd say the first step is to increase the size of the carrot and reduce the length of the stick it's been dangling from for all these years.
              I fully agree. I think more reward for effort would be a big step. Making the tech lab items stronger is a nice step in the right direction. I might make a suggestion thread full of ideas I have regarding this... Stay tuned.

My Regards,
              Joker,
              Manager of Dark London.

Comment

• Immortal1
                Thug
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Guy View Post

100% agreed. We had a whole thread about the lack of rewards for the effort. There were some excellent suggestions that were completely ignored. I have probably spent more money on this game than all other games combined. My money has been spent on other games recently where I find much more value per dollar spent.

Comment

• Mdm
                  Lackey
                  • Jan 2014

Things seem to be getting better, only time will tell for sure. Regardless welcome back my friend. May Dark London rise from the ashes!

Comment

• DL_Joker
                    Underboss
                    • Oct 2014

I'd also like to state that upon my return, the person I had left in charge of Dark London was inactive. Nobody had seen him in months. Gaea was speedy in responding to my support ticket, and they resolved the situation within three days, returning control of the empire to me. I was very impressed with their promptness and customer support. Much better than the last time I submitted a ticket!

My Regards,
                    Joker,
                    Manager of Dark London.

Comment

• Allwyn
                      Hitman
                      • Dec 2016

Joker id like to know more n the last comment u shared... About the empire boss removal...i raised a ticket and was suggested to wait for 3 months

Comment

• DL_Joker
                        Underboss
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Allwyn View Post
                        Joker id like to know more n the last comment u shared... About the empire boss removal...i raised a ticket and was suggested to wait for 3 months
                        Well, in my instance at least, the empire boss had been gone for more than three months already. I assume that's why they asked you to wait, but I'm not sure. In addition to that, the leader was only gold star to keep the position warm for me in my absence, though I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.

My Regards,
                        Joker,
                        Manager of Dark London.

Comment

• ●RAVEN●
                          Lackey
                          • Jun 2016

Welcome Back Joker.....and thats actually not a joke
                          sigpic

Comment

• Empress Lauren
                            Goon
                            • Feb 2013

Great to see you back in the game, Joker! Welcome back! And good luck with re-energizing Dark London! 😊

This is a game... about battles...
                            EXPECT to get attacked... farmed...
                            by allies... by higher levels...
                            even PvP'd directly from EvE....
                            It might not be "nice", nor "proper" game etiquette,
                            but all's fair in war!!

Comment

Working...
                            X