• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ahmedkenan
    Lackey
    • Feb 2016

Wi-Fi connection issues

UE won't run on the Wi-Fi connection.. YouTube, line or any another app are working but UE.. Removed it and reinstalled it and the problem still exist.. Not on my Android phone only btw it's on some player's phone's too Android and iOS devices too.

Re: Wi-Fi connection issues

UE works for me on Wifi.

Comment

• UWE_Duke
      Developer
      • Jul 2016

I have been experiencing the slow response when connecting to WiFi as well. For me, it is significantly slower compared to LTE.

I think different WiFi (plus the network provider's infrastructure), has very different performance. It is very possible that they optimized route of the request to Youtube or Google or any big traffic Apps data center way better than UE, since we are small. I won't be surprised if some network cannot find UE servers at all due to some unknown problems. I'm not expert in this, just some wild guesses. We need to investigate this from the client side and see if it is true that WiFI is just slower on average. Then think about how to make it better. It's not going to be easy but would be nice to know what's wrong.

Comment

• Xcali1985
        Head Boss
        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by UWE_Duke View Post
        I have been experiencing the slow response when connecting to WiFi as well. For me, it is significantly slower compared to LTE.

I think different WiFi (plus the network provider's infrastructure), has very different performance. It is very possible that they optimized route of the request to Youtube or Google or any big traffic Apps data center way better than UE, since we are small. I won't be surprised if some network cannot find UE servers at all due to some unknown problems. I'm not expert in this, just some wild guesses. We need to investigate this from the client side and see if it is true that WiFI is just slower on average. Then think about how to make it better. It's not going to be easy but would be nice to know what's wrong.
        I frequently turn off wifi during eve due to lag.

Comment

• Eris667
          Brawler
          • Jun 2015

So I did some basic testing (FYI - small sample pool)
          iPhone 5 (provider DNS vs Google DNS) No change
          Nexus 5 - Android v6.0.1 (provider DNS vs Google DNS) No change
          Nexus 6 - Android v6.0.1 (provider DNS vs Google DNS) Lagging Stopped, faster load times

I found a few root (permanent change) / non-root apps (have to run every reboot) to test this (in the play store, iPhone is easy to change the setting) I don't know what the issue would be, but on one of my devices this seems to have resolved the issues (at least for now)

This was tested on my home WiFi - ~23mbps down / ~1mbps up / Ping ~21s

Comment

• NerV
            Thug
            • Oct 2013

I have experienced this just recently. My iphone 5 is wifi only and has no issues. Android on the otherhand is slow or drops out a lot. I thought it was because we just had a cyclone here in Australia and a lot of places lost power ect. My provider is the best i can get (telstra). Best of luck getting to the nitty gritty of it.

Comment

• Cthulu
              Retired Game Guru
              • Dec 2014

Yeah, the wifi at my work is awful for UE.

Hard to go and complain that I can't play a game while at work though...
              Come join us
              on the official
              Underworld Empire Discord Server
              https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

Working...
              X