Real Action - Boycott Underworld Empire Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark
    Soldier
    • Mar 2013

Real Action - Boycott Underworld Empire Now!

I will probably get banned for life from this, but what the heck.

I have seen so many complaints/questions in the forums from players and no response from anyone at Phoenix Age now for weeks.

So let us do it the right way.

Hypothetically.

What if all players boycotted the game by not buying any FP/Spending money until Phoenix Age officially posts in the forum addressing us and our concerns and confirming that they are indeed fixing the important stuff instead of useless artwork updates?

I think this is the only way they will take us players of the game seriously.

Because they value money, and if we hit them where it hurts in their pockets and their revenue falls, I can almost 90% guarantee you will see responses and changes.

So no one spends any money buying FP packages/Spending any money until they respond. We start immediately and spread the word to every player.

Who is with me?

Viva La Revolution!
  • DvEight
    Banned
    • Mar 2013

Re: Real Action - Boycott Underworld Empire Now!

Is a good game. Maybe try playing it and having some fun instead of bitching about PA talking on the forums.

Comment

• Mja
      Thug
      • Aug 2013

Telling about boycott on the forums is useless. most of the players have never opened UE forums
      and anyways there will be always a lot of people who disagree with you and will keep spending. they just play the game as it is, you should try too

Comment

• Mark
        Soldier
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by DvEight View Post
        Is a good game. Maybe try playing it and having some fun instead of bitching about PA talking on the forums.
        I was not bitching actually. If you read carefully, I was actually trying to make a better game experience.

You getting kick-backs I can tell. Who is your Sugar-Daddy or Sugar-Mommy in PA? AH AH AHA AHA AH AHAA

Comment

• Mark
          Soldier
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mja View Post
          Telling about boycott on the forums is useless. most of the players have never opened UE forums
          and anyways there will be always a lot of people who disagree with you and will keep spending. they just play the game as it is, you should try too
          Why should I continue to play a game that tries to f u c k me over, when I can buy games for my XBOX that gives me a better experience?

Comment

• ocdo
            Lieutenant
            • May 2013

deleted
            Last edited by ocdo; 10-19-2013, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• analytical
              Street Boss
              • Aug 2013

Speaking to the idea of encouraging PA to react:

1. The portion of paying customers who visit the forums is likely so small that it's not visible on a pie chart. I am basing this claim on the ratios for other websites and other software products. I have no specific information about PA customers.
              2. The portion of forum visitors who want to get involved in a boycott is probably a minority, based on factors such as Mja mentioned.
              3. PA does actively respond to users who contact support. They choose, for whatever reasons (but it seems likely that they just don't like the attitudes that they encounter) not to engage specific product complaints on the forums. But the idea that the product would be improved by trying to hurt PA's financial performance is undermined by the easy availability of PA interaction through customer support.

In general, the real-life rule is this: If you want to get more out, you need to put more in. It's not, "If you want to get more out, try to hurt the people who can help you."

I'm sure that many users are frustrated by different aspects of PA's actions: some features of game play, some features of customer support, some pricing choices. From my vantage point, it looks like a bit of a focus on a half-empty glass --- a glass in which plenty of water remains. But I understand frustration, and don't have a problem with people complaining when they think that's what they need to do. Users like Mark can create threads like this as often as they need to. I don't think it will have the results that they seek, but this is a site that attracts people who are willing to fight for that last point. Why should we be encouraging them to do it in EvE and then surprised when they show the same personality on the forums? Keep swinging, guys. You might hit something. But try not to wreck the house, okay?

oCDo, which guy drives you bonkers? A guy on the forum? A guy associated with live action in popular culture (some part of it that I'm just missing ... I'm used to it). Catch me up, explain the joke.

Happy Columbus Day, if you can manage it. I gotta say, this is the wackiest holiday I can imagine. A day celebrating a discovery that wasn't a discovery by a hero that wasn't a hero. I shudder to imagine how they will look back on this century in 500 years. Maybe they'll really screw up and attribute every smart thing that Seneca ever said ... to me!
              Just a bit analytical.

Comment

• Voodoo jester
                Banned
                • May 2013

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                I will probably get banned for life from this, but what the heck.

I have seen so many complaints/questions in the forums from players and no response from anyone at Phoenix Age now for weeks.

So let us do it the right way.

Hypothetically.

What if all players boycotted the game by not buying any FP/Spending money until Phoenix Age officially posts in the forum addressing us and our concerns and confirming that they are indeed fixing the important stuff instead of useless artwork updates?

I think this is the only way they will take us players of the game seriously.

Because they value money, and if we hit them where it hurts in their pockets and their revenue falls, I can almost 90% guarantee you will see responses and changes.

So no one spends any money buying FP packages/Spending any money until they respond. We start immediately and spread the word to every player.

Who is with me?

Viva La Revolution!
                Mark... If all players boycott the game you'll get no where besides them shutting this game down... In order for any real "damage" to be caused to pa to happen you need castle age players to be on board also. Castle age is is easily 5x if not more bigger than ue. Seriously do a search on forum for boycott see how long or well those did

Comment

• Waffle Monster
                  Goon
                  • Jul 2013

lmao........ thanks for making me laugh mark XD....

Comment

• Mja
                    Thug
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                    Why should I continue to play a game that tries to f u c k me over, when I can buy games for my XBOX that gives me a better experience?
                    Mark, no one really forces you to play this game. there's plenty of people who love this game and are addicted to it including me. if you feel that you are being f###ed over it's up to you to decide not to play

Comment

• Vincent
                      Boss
                      • Jan 2013

If you want any results your best bet is to make a post directed at one true thing that bothers you that people will agree with you on. If you have a valid point and keep up on it things will change in that way. A good example was the whole LT power fiasco that happened.
                      I am not in danger, I AM THE DANGER!

Comment

• John Swift
                        Thug
                        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by DvEight View Post
                        I agree with DvEight. "Problems" are blown way out of proportion here. I have a pretty good time playing and am having a ton of fun.
                        41C723

Comment

• Iceline
                          Consigliere
                          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Voodoo jester View Post
                          Mark... If all players boycott the game you'll get no where besides them shutting this game down... In order for any real "damage" to be caused to pa to happen you need castle age players to be on board also. Castle age is is easily 5x if not more bigger than ue. Seriously do a search on forum for boycott see how long or well those did
                          UE is higher on the top grossing chart in iTunes than CA.

Comment

• MattMI
                            Boss
                            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Iceline View Post
                            UE is higher on the top grossing chart in iTunes than CA.
                            Top Grossing is based on Apple's own formula for calculating this. It is based on amount grossed in a certain time period, not overall.

"All I wants a hundred million dollars and a bad b...."
                            F R E E A G E N T

Comment

Working...
                            X