• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Squiffle
    Lieutenant
    • Dec 2012

There is a UE wiki

For those who don't know, there is a UE wiki at http://underworld-empire.wikia.com. It's been around for a while now, but was abandoned by the original creator, and I took over as admin early this year. We have a handful of contributors (thanks!), and it usually serves 2000-2500 pageviews a day, so at least some people are using it!

As far as content goes, it's pretty comprehensive for items, lieutenants, properties, and the like. Each has their own page (wiki pagecount was 318 at the end of May and is now 658), and hopefully tells you everything you might like to know about that thing. There are also auto-generated sortable tables to make comparing things easy. Things like class skills and empire upgrades have a fair amount of information but are still missing parts. Same for bosses and Hong Kong. There's basically no strategy-type information yet. There are probably errors, too, but if I knew what they were I'd have fixed them already.

So the intent of this post if two-fold - first of all, if you didn't know about the wiki, or you checked it out a while back, come take a look and see if it's useful to you (and send me constructive feedback). Secondly, we need contributors. Every little helps - fix a typo or mistake, upload an image, fill in the stats for a 6-star lieutenant, or create a page detailing possible builds. There's a list of things that we know need doing part-way down the home page, but a wiki should be community-driven, so don't be afraid to add something that isn't listed there.
  • Max
    Retired Game Guru
    • Jan 2013

Re: There is a UE wiki

Thanks on posting this Squiffle, and thanks on your work on UE wiki. As all wiki's, UE wiki needs contributors so that it can grow and be the go-to place for all the new and veteran players seeking information.

I urge everyone with the knowledge of the game and some free time to contribute to our wiki and make it better.

I will sticky this thread and leave it stickied for a while. I hope that our players will start contributing as soon as they can.

Lets do this.

☭ Brotherhood and Unity☭

Check out my Ultimate Boss Guide!
    The most viewed thread in UWE forum

Comment

• Ori
      Goon
      • Jan 2013

I'd like to help with the skinning and fixing up the theme of the Wiki. However, I need to be granted access to do so.

Comment

• Squiffle
        Lieutenant
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Ori View Post
        I'd like to help with the skinning and fixing up the theme of the Wiki. However, I need to be granted access to do so.
        Send me a message on the wiki and we'll figure it out.

Comment

• EpicNeoGreg
          Boss
          • Mar 2013

Great job on the wiki guys!

яєρ мє

Comment

• MattMI
            Boss
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Max View Post
            Lets do this.
            Hoorah!

"All I wants a hundred million dollars and a bad b...."
            F R E E A G E N T

Comment

• AI Vicious
              Lackey
              • Aug 2013

I do use the wiki for my empire. Good work and thanks for the effort in helping the rest of us stay educated!

Comment

• THE KING
                Thug
                • Sep 2013

I use the wiki all the time. Keep up the good work.
                sigpic

Jaina Proudmoore: "My magic will tear you apart!"
                Get hearthstone Heroes of Warcraft add IMTHEKING and we shall duel.

Comment

• GoodKu$hAndAlcohol
                  Thug
                  • Jun 2013

I love the wiki and it is a great starting point to find answers without having to wade through all the muck on the forums. I just wish more people would help update it

Comment

• Squiffle
                    Lieutenant
                    • Dec 2012

I think I'm going to use this thread to post regular updates on what's been going on on the wiki. Of course you can always see the latest changes at http://underworld-empire.wikia.com/w...l:WikiActivity.

Here's what's changed in the last week:
                    - We finally have all the jobs (including the challenge job) in France. Still need a few details for some of them - things like faction points, total energy, and gear requirements.
                    - The Knights Templar page is getting there. Rewards are there, and some info on the stages. It still needs a fair amount of work.
                    - Cleanup work for the various property pages and the Empire Building pages. The Properties Summary looks a lot better as a result.
                    - All the new weapon powers are in there, and the lieutenant pages have been updated to list equipment that gives bonuses.
                    - The new achievements were added to the Achievements page.
                    - Plus all sorts of little stuff like more stats for lieutenants, more quotes for basic items, and so on.

As always, there's still plenty of areas that could use work. There's a list of ideas on the front page of the wiki. Feel free to message me with any questions or ideas for the wiki.

Comment

• quakehead
                      Lackey
                      • Sep 2013

Your doing a good job on this, I use that site a lot for reference. Keep up the good work 👍

Comment

• Skinnum
                        Lackey
                        • Dec 2013

Wow! Nice job, it is really growing and coming together nicely!

Comment

• RR CAPO
                          Goon
                          • Oct 2013

I just checked it out and was impressed. Good job to those who contributed. I'll be donating to that.

Comment

• Squiffle
                            Lieutenant
                            • Dec 2012

Recent updates mostly seem to just be continuing improvements of what's already there.
                            Powers were added to the various items that gained them, and each Lieutenant page now notes any items that give bonuses.
                            Of course there are a bunch of new pages for the /Holiday Rumble event, and also for the two new bosses and corresponding new items.
                            Lots of stats and powers were added for the various Lts.
                            Lots of additions to the various class skills and empire building improvements.

Thanks as always to all the contributors. Whether you go in and add info to many pages or just fix a typo, it's all important!

Pageviews seem to be creeping up slowly - it's rare now to see less than 3000 pageviews in a day, and more common to see more than 4000.

Comment

• Squiffle
                              Lieutenant
                              • Dec 2012

Well. This week we had our first person who considers trolling for allies to be important enough to actually remove content from the wiki to put their adverts there. They removed almost all the front page content, and some bits and pieces from other pages to put their advert in its place.

Krisse, who is currently in the empire Hooden 808, ally code A0818C, has the dubious honour of being the first person blocked from the wiki.

Given what they did to the wiki, they'll probably consider this free advertising :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X