Thread: Selling accounts

Selling accounts

This is for the devs....
    Have u guys ever given any consideration into facilitating sales of accounts and taking a certain % off of the transaction for your troubles? Many new players are likely dissuaded from spending since the game is so far gone from them at this point and many older players have decided to stop spending. An infusion of more motivated spenders with suddenly relevant accounts certainly wouldn’t be a bad thing for your bottom line, especially with u making money off of the sale itself. Also with u guys managing the sale u could ensure the security of the transaction and prevent any scamming from both parties. Now certainly this would increase your workload but to mitigate that u could put a stipulation that it’s only worth your trouble if the sale exceeds a certain dollar value, such as $1k USD. Just a thought I think may be worth consideration. Thank u for your time.

Consigliere Game Guru

Re: Selling accounts

Quote Originally Posted by ཀརཧϮཇཞ ཞཇཇ View Post
    This is for the devs....
    Have u guys ever given any consideration into facilitating sales of accounts and taking a certain % off of the transaction for your troubles? Many new players are likely dissuaded from spending since the game is so far gone from them at this point and many older players have decided to stop spending. An infusion of more motivated spenders with suddenly relevant accounts certainly wouldn’t be a bad thing for your bottom line, especially with u making money off of the sale itself. Also with u guys managing the sale u could ensure the security of the transaction and prevent any scamming from both parties. Now certainly this would increase your workload but to mitigate that u could put a stipulation that it’s only worth your trouble if the sale exceeds a certain dollar value, such as $1k USD. Just a thought I think may be worth consideration. Thank u for your time.
    Thread moved to the Dev section. Also, this is not encouraged for so many reasons and a topic warned against on forums several times in past. Players have been told often not to engage in this even though some knowingly broke/still break the rules. I will leave thread open for Dev to respond when/if they can.

Thanks, yeah I should’ve posted it here. They’ve warned against it being done the way people are currently doing it but if it was controlled by the devs themselves I don’t really see the downside to be honest. They remove access from the seller and grant access to the buyer, no possible way for anyone to get screwed over, they make some money off the sale and end up with more motivated spenders as a result. It’s similar to the argument for legalizing and taxing marijuana distribution lol people are gonna do it anyway u may as well eliminate the crime altogether by controlling the process and removing the risks involved.

We will never promote account trade.

Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by UWE_Duke View Post
    We will never promote account trade.
    Only if i can find that "like" button...