• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DFish
    Brawler
    • Mar 2015

Halloween Crates and RNG

I'm not a lawyer, but I pretend to be one at dinner parties.

I was able to roll about 120 of the crates on one account, others claimed up to 800. More than one person noticed it was almost exactly an epic every 25 rolls. I rolled a total of 4 epics on my rolls, almost 1 every 25 rolls.

The crates all claim 5% epic chance. 1 in 25 is 4%. What the crate roll cluster did was allow us to roll $1000s of dollars on crates at one time and show that the RNG is not "random.". Only a handful of people have probably rolled that many crates at one time. Selling one crate or even 3 at a time, you can get all commons and still be RNG. We get angry, but that can happen with true RNG.

Other games have been sued over fake RNG numbers.

They have admitted to slanting RNG for phone pieces, and we all have our suspicions that Sara pieces are not RNG. But those aren't bought, though you could argue that if you buy refills, you are spending money on bosses and to complete daily achievements. Still those items are not directly for sale.

But advertising crates at a certain percentage and then not actually delivering those percentages seems like fraud to me.
  • socool
    Goon
    • May 2014

Re: Halloween Crates and RNG

You are funny . Your samples are not large enough to prove your statement. Roll 10,000 + then you will get your chance even out. Do learn about statistics. You could have gotten zero epic , anything is possible. The larger the sample , the more accurate you will get . Majority people are happy about the crates RNG on discord. I rolled myself 3 epics back to back, then none in the next 40 rolls. RNG is not 1 epic for every 20 rolls.

Comment

• Xcali1985
      Head Boss
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by socool View Post
      You are funny . Your samples are not large enough to prove your statement. Roll 10,000 + then you will get your chance even out. Do learn about statistics. You could have gotten zero epic , anything is possible. The larger the sample , the more accurate you will get . Majority people are happy about the crates RNG on discord. I rolled myself 3 epics back to back, then none in the next 40 rolls. RNG is not 1 epic for every 20 rolls.
      I rolled 700+ and epic rate was around 7%.

Have a buddy that rolled about 850 and his was 5% on the nose.

I use to be one of the ones that slammed the RNG but was able to prove it on a larger scale and it indeed was very very close to the stated percentage. Case closed as far as I am concerned.

Comment

• DFish
        Brawler
        • Mar 2015

Did we not, as a community, roll thousands of crates? My sample size is not statistically significant, but together all our rolls are. I did actually take statistics, btw.

I didn't say we should have got 1 epic per 20 rolls. What happened was that people, in a very regular pattern, not random, received 1 every 25 rolls.

Can we buy Halloween crates at Halloween, or our they gifts or prizes? Honestly stopped spending so I don't even pay attention. If these crates aren't readily available, they can set the rates at any number in the coding, but say the RNG is something else. Unless you can buy 1000s, you would really never know.

I am just saying the whole thing was a cluster all the way around and it appears that the RNG could be different than actually advertised.

After the fix was completed, between my 5 toons, I rolled 2 epics and only 2 commons in 10 "we're sorry" rolls. Again, not a big enough sample size, but interesting nonetheless.

Whether or not the RNG is really random, I don't believe it is random. If enough people don't believe the RNG is random then you lose spenders. They lost me, but I only bought promos. How many people have quit the game lately? RNG is a part of the problem for some. I play because of the friends I have made in my 4 years here. As they quit it is harder and harder to log in.

Comment

• Xcali1985
          Head Boss
          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by DFish View Post
          Did we not, as a community, roll thousands of crates? My sample size is not statistically significant, but together all our rolls are. I did actually take statistics, btw.

I didn't say we should have got 1 epic per 20 rolls. What happened was that people, in a very regular pattern, not random, received 1 every 25 rolls.

Can we buy Halloween crates at Halloween, or our they gifts or prizes? Honestly stopped spending so I don't even pay attention. If these crates aren't readily available, they can set the rates at any number in the coding, but say the RNG is something else. Unless you can buy 1000s, you would really never know.

I am just saying the whole thing was a cluster all the way around and it appears that the RNG could be different than actually advertised.

After the fix was completed, between my 5 toons, I rolled 2 epics and only 2 commons in 10 "we're sorry" rolls. Again, not a big enough sample size, but interesting nonetheless.

Whether or not the RNG is really random, I don't believe it is random. If enough people don't believe the RNG is random then you lose spenders. They lost me, but I only bought promos. How many people have quit the game lately? RNG is a part of the problem for some. I play because of the friends I have made in my 4 years here. As they quit it is harder and harder to log in.
          I now believe they are accurate, but they need to be looser. 10% for epics

Comment

• Irish
            Brawler
            • Apr 2016

Yeah i knew of people that rolled 100-150 and got 8 epics. Ive also rolled way higher than 5 percent on some of my toons. My titan was getting like one every 5-8 rolls for years. It was weird because it seems like that account is extremely lucky. Crazy amounts of epic sidekicks on that account too.
            Ive probably bought less than 10 crate rolls since i started playing. All the rolls i got were earned or part of promos i purchased. I think its a perspective thing. When i roll earned ones i dont really care what i get, but if i buy them it is extremely frustrating to not get anything. So i dont do it. I would rather save fp for refills on events and earn those epics. I just started 5 new toons (10 total now) and one rolled overkill already and anotherrolled an epic too but all my toons earned the epic from the last event. Its more fun and its not luck. Luck is a tricky thing and can in my opinion be more frustrating than rewarding because you expect to roll epics and when you get one your happy but not as happy as you are frustrated when you dont get them.

Comment

Working...
            X