• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jdaigle22
    Goon
    • Feb 2017

Reaper or Ghost

I am trying to decide between reaper or ghost? Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • Quaranj
    Boss
    • May 2015

Re: Reaper or Ghost

Originally posted by Jdaigle22 View Post
    I am trying to decide between reaper or ghost? Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Depends on your play style. If you check in on war every 10-20 minutes or less, Ghost.

If you camp the round, Reaper.

A Ghost is there for massive damage hits to the target mostly and can choose to play support with Ghost tags much like a sniper can with suppress.

A Reaper is best utilized plaguing actives and hard targets *before* the team has exhausted their tokens on the target itself.

Often for a Reaper to succeed on the leaderboard they have to plague actives as soon as possible, tying up stim tokens and gaining player damage from enemy attacks.

Comment

• Jdaigle22
      Goon
      • Feb 2017

Can reapers be big damage tho. I currently have a ghost just was thinking about leaving assassin and the going to reaper

Comment

• Quaranj
        Boss
        • May 2015

They can with precise blade but it's not the same as an adrenaline rush power/piercing shot.

When I see a reaper take the player damage leaderboard it is when the empire has a "plague every active" policy to soften them up. (Dead tokens hurt much less than live ones and making your opponent starve for HP can be quite advantageous.)

With plague 3 on a win, and all visible active plagued, an active team with no/lazy stims can feed a reaper player damage by attacking.

On top of that, a reaper with a token generating circle (Frank/Francesca/Layla etc) can strongly benefit in match battle points with Ambush at max by targeting sleeping or stunned targets. If you have Titans in your empire that stun often, the combination of Reaper/Titan hunting in concert with one another can be very effective. Your hits might not be as big but cumulatively you will have more of them.

Comment

• Jdaigle22
          Goon
          • Feb 2017

Also I am in a pretty dead empire

Comment

• Quaranj
            Boss
            • May 2015

Also I am in a pretty dead empire
            If that is where you prefer to be, Ghost would probably benefit you more. If you're playing against dead empires you're not going to get much plague damage on incoming attacks, meanwhile the ghost will help you make short work of building defenders.

Anyone else care to chime in?

Comment

• Jdaigle22
              Goon
              • Feb 2017

Well we have like 16 actives

Comment

• tambunan
                Enforcer
                • Feb 2016

Well since you already had overkill to begin with, i would advise you to go ghost and start collecting more critical lts.. Its kinda inconsistent for reaper to rely on crit IMO.

if you're focus mainly on damage, ghost are your best bet trust me; its not like reaper can't deal big damage (i am maxed reaper) but with same stats and similar lt power ghost outguns reaper wayyy stronger. Sure you can count bloodlust for 20% att power and damage boost the whole war, but its only needed mainly to build att power to succesfully applying plague to bigger defender. Meanwhile as ghost after adrenaline rush you can go killing frenzy if your healths allows it (more health longer frenzy)

In simple both class needs luck to deal good damage, ghost needs crit to procs along with power shots. Reapers needs palgue and ambush procs. Ghost seemed more consistent and not too situational compared to reaper. And Ghost has defesinve skill (dodge spree) and reaper got life steal for offensive wins (at lvl 5)

In lower league one big ghost could slaughter the whole opponent empire

Comment

• Jdaigle22
                  Goon
                  • Feb 2017

My empire would like me to play something different we have a ton of ghost and titians. So they asked to me go reaper or term.

Comment

• tambunan
                    Enforcer
                    • Feb 2016

My empire would like me to play something different we have a ton of ghost and titians. So they asked to me go reaper or term.
                    If you're okay wih it try reaper or demo terms. But if ya feel like thats not what you really want to do, find another bunch of players to play with. If you weren't having fun, then you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Quaranj
                      Boss
                      • May 2015

Originally posted by tambunan View Post
                      If you're okay wih it try reaper or demo terms. But if ya feel like thats not what you really want to do, find another bunch of players to play with. If you weren't having fun, then you're doing it wrong.
                      I agree with this. I have never pushed someone to play a class that they didn't want to because of the empire needs. If someone does do that here, it is their choice to take one for the team based upon their own observations.

If you prefer hunting players in EvE and they're pushing you to go Term and you feel obligated, don't spec grenade first if you would rather be a bury monster. (You said terminator, you *didn't* tell me to just be another demo toon.)

Comment

• LLL
                        Brawler
                        • Jun 2015

My experience:

I use to be an assassin. Veteran 8, fully upgraded. I've "upgraded" to reaper and didn't like it. I've switched to ghost and I'm supper happy now. Veteran 8 again, lol.

Good luck!

Comment

• mr_teflon
                          Lieutenant
                          • May 2014

I wouldn't be very happy if an empire told me that I gotta play a particular type of toon, I'd be gone but thats me, but in my case I have 5 toons and more or less have one of each type anyways so I get to experience all types anyways.

Comment

• Allwyn
                            Hitman
                            • Dec 2016

Both classes have their specific roles. Ghosts are the man killers with rush and other skills.

Reapers are finishers, they are mainly to cap and restrict opponent demo using plagues.

Comment

• Jdaigle22
                              Goon
                              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Quaranj View Post
                              I agree with this. I have never pushed someone to play a class that they didn't want to because of the empire needs. If someone does do that here, it is their choice to take one for the team based upon their own observations.

If you prefer hunting players in EvE and they're pushing you to go Term and you feel obligated, don't spec grenade first if you would rather be a bury monster. (You said terminator, you *didn't* tell me to just be another demo toon.)
                              Bury monster? So what would you suggest. I have term unlocked but not assassin 3 so definitely not reaper.

Comment

Working...
                              X