Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118
Ghost vs Sniper

Thread: Ghost vs Sniper

Ghost vs Sniper

Hi im ErLoko,

First of all sorry for my english, its not my first lenguage.

I know there are many threads about this question but lots of them are from 2015.

I would like to hear your opinions about this, what do you recomend me sniper or ghost.

My toon is lvl 540 with 2k energy 1k stamina and 1k attack and 0 def, im currently pumping attack. I currently have 16k cc. I don't have Overkill I only have the typical crit lts like Pain, Alpha and Blink. In the other hand i have Miss Conduct, Hyena, Reaper, Vigilante and Gman.

I was thinking of making a sniper with a crit loadout and a crit dmg loadout to switch up when I reach the 100% crit with killing spree but without overkill i think it might lose a lot of potential so i feel like ghost is more reliable. But i dont really know for how much im going to play the game.

Please give me your opinions!
    Thank you all in advance.

Re: Ghost vs Sniper

My early 2 cents:

Always room to grow and acquire LTs.

If you’re very keen on EvE and participate a lot then Ghost can be quite rewarding. If a more casual fan of empire wars then it will be easier to level sniper via bosses. That’s more functional advice than qualitative though. I’ll leave that to the pros.
    Come join us
    on the official
    Underworld Empire Discord Server
    https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

I honestly feel there is a point where if you have the proper build Sniper surpasses Ghost.
    But for 99% to toons Ghost is definitely better for them, as the sniper requires a larger sample of relatively high expensive star LTs. That's also why I call Ghost a crutch class, because you don't need any skill to play it and it is often rewarding if you can overpower your opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryChipmunk1 View Post
    I honestly feel there is a point where if you have the proper build Sniper surpasses Ghost.
    But for 99% to toons Ghost is definitely better for them, as the sniper requires a larger sample of relatively high expensive star LTs. That's also why I call Ghost a crutch class, because you don't need any skill to play it and it is often rewarding if you can overpower your opponent.
    Which build would be better to be a sniper? Iím a long time ghost and have recently switched to sniper. Trying to decide if itís better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryChipmunk1 View Post
    My eve lineup includes 5* Overkill, 5* Vanquish, 4* Reaper, 7* Alpha, 9* Pain

If you're sniper you should have two loadouts.
    One of nothing but pure crit
    Other of nothing but pure crit damage and damage, use OK, never use RC or Poppy

I do 51.7% base crit, once I string 6 together I switch to 100% damage buff, and I very consistently do 1800-2200 without OK proc on non titans.

Pros are you know for the most part how much damage you're doing, taking way way less counter damage, and suppress is so good if you have to chew through defenders that got 10k HP. When building spree, your misses add to crit chance temporarily , if you have a base crit of 34% or more after your first crit you're more likely to keep critting rather than missing just based off how percentages work. Scythe is amazing to tag into your crit damage loadout if you need to regen some health, usually after a mean deflect.

The randomness of ghost is a huge turn off to me, though I could AR into 91% crit, they range from 800-4000 damage very randomly, I get hurt a lot from counter damage, and I on average spend more tokens per target due to inconsistencies and relying heavily on luck.