Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 5th anniversary

Re: 5th anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by Quaranj View Post
    It has been mentioned in Discord that there will be a week after the event to tech lab any remaining coins.
    I really hope so because I have a retrofitted apache in building progress and it won't be finished until after the event is over, so I cant build any crates until then. Otherwise I guess my crates are gone 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Xcali1985 View Post
    Actually you can I believe. You have to post in the sticky thoughts thread and I believe they have one on Facebook (to lazy to double check) both netting you 10AC each.
    Did both. Only get 1 so... 760/770 *facepalm*
    Why so cereal?!

Quote Originally Posted by s0fr3shh View Post
    That's what I figured they meant by
    5. You can only get the participation awards once.

I rolled 2creats and what i get 2 Fang thats. BS

Hitman

I have the same problem!
    After EVE win I quickly went to tech lab just to see I short 10 coins, 760/770.
    Created 2 crates and 2 scratchers. Haven't rolled the 2 crates yet too upset!!!
    I bet you 1 google British pounds both crates are going to be common!!!
    1 google =1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,0 00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000

At this point it's not even about the crate roll in order to get the anniversary crate... I've participated in almost all of their events and have "earned" my rewards. If they really wanted to argue that giving everyone a free anniversary roll wouldn't change anything, fine. I'll participate in the event and earn my roll. But to get every single coin possible and be 10 coins short feels like I'm getting trolled more than anything.

I may not be even a fraction of what Freeman or Alpha have spent on this game, but I've spent my fair share. This anniversary deal has not made me happy.
    Why so cereal?!

At this point it's not even about the crate roll in order to get the anniversary crate... I've participated in almost all of their events and have "earned" my rewards. If they really wanted to argue that giving everyone a free anniversary roll wouldn't change anything, fine. I'll participate in the event and earn my roll. But to get every single coin possible and be 10 coins short feels like I'm getting trolled more than anything.

I may not be even a fraction of what Freeman or Alpha have spent on this game, but I've spent my fair share. This anniversary deal has not made me happy.
    The amount of money spent shouldn’t matter. You spend what you can afford and contribute to the community.

It’s even insulting to free players, not everyone has 6-7+ figure salaries. You spend what you can afford and if they don’t appreciate it, I do as I know that I have empire mates from both ends and everyone is a blast to play with.

This may have been answered already but I see some complaining about coming up 10 anniversary coins short of the 770 required for the crate roll and I'm seeing that the event ends tomorrow (1/20) at 00:00 PST. I myself am 20 coins short of the crate mark and am wondering if I have another chance at login tomorrow? Or does 00:00 PST mean I will miss out? Have a bad feeling about this...
    http://underworldempireforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11583&dateline=138589  0795

Quote Originally Posted by aprilwine View Post
    this may have been answered already but i see some complaining about coming up 10 anniversary coins short of the 770 required for the crate roll and i'm seeing that the event ends tomorrow (1/20) at 00:00 pst. I myself am 20 coins short of the crate mark and am wondering if i have another chance at login tomorrow? Or does 00:00 pst mean i will miss out? Have a bad feeling about this...
    u will miss out, only way is to roll at min a 30fp roll and then u can do the 50/50 epic roll. Good luck to all

Quote Originally Posted by Xcali1985 View Post
    It’s even insulting to free players, not everyone has 6-7+ figure salaries.
    I couldn't agree more. With all that has happened lately in terms of reward mishaps this is insult on top of injury to many.

Whoever came up with this idea and thought it was the best way to show appreciation to the community is so out of touch here that I can hardly believe that someone approved this.

I'm here for the community and not much more now. The game is now an afterthought. As an empire leader, I have responsibilities to those who depend on me that keep me from just cutting my losses and uninstalling before disappointment eclipses into a rage that will undoubtedly cut me off of the main reason I am still here - the players.

It will take an epic change in attitudes from whoever dictates the game ledger to change this feeling that I have that there is a huge disconnect between the game and the person who threw a dart at a board and called it a wrap on this. (Seriously, it is like a virtual value of trillions is placed upon every tiny reward.) I am completely disappointed in the lack of thoughtfulness here. I mean even the community award here for posting isn't enough to yield a single scratcher on its own. I am disheartened to feel that the game has a lot cut out for it if it is to survive to its tenth anniversary.

Do better. Things like this are just going to make the game bleed more players than it already does.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaranj View Post
    I couldn't agree more. With all that has happened lately in terms of reward mishaps this is insult on top of injury to many.

Whoever came up with this idea and thought it was the best way to show appreciation to the community is so out of touch here that I can hardly believe that someone approved this.

I'm here for the community and not much more now. The game is now an afterthought. As an empire leader, I have responsibilities to those who depend on me that keep me from just cutting my losses and uninstalling before disappointment eclipses into a rage that will undoubtedly cut me off of the main reason I am still here - the players.

It will take an epic change in attitudes from whoever dictates the game ledger to change this feeling that I have that there is a huge disconnect between the game and the person who threw a dart at a board and called it a wrap on this. (Seriously, it is like a virtual value of trillions is placed upon every tiny reward.) I am completely disappointed in the lack of thoughtfulness here. I mean even the community award here for posting isn't enough to yield a single scratcher on its own. I am disheartened to feel that the game has a lot cut out for it if it is to survive to its tenth anniversary.

Do better. Things like this are just going to make the game bleed more players than it already does.

I completely agree with the Quaranj and Xcali1985. The management seems a little out of touch with the players. There are still a lot of players who logged in the last five days, won an EvE every day and collected 50 coins every day - 750 points - close but not good enough. We are going to dangle the carrot of the crate over your head - you are close just a little bit more for the special crate. The regular crates are nice but please show a little appreciation to the players who play this game day in and day out.

If they give us one more day to obtain this almighty anniversary crate I think it would soften the blow. In all honesty I just want to see if even with a 50% chance at a epic I'd roll a rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilwine View Post
    If they give us one more day to obtain this almighty anniversary crate I think it would soften the blow. In all honesty I just want to see if even with a 50% chance at a epic I'd roll a rare.
    That ship has sailed, I'm afraid. They would have had to have done this at onset as now there would be complaints from those who felt hustled out of FP to make the difference up.

They'd have to double-down and stack FP on top to cover any losses on those players and for some reason or another I just don't see it happening.

I don't know why they didn't just drop us a ridiculous amount of FP and let most of us do things we can't normally do.

Now excuse me while I go off and collect my $25k scratcher awards and rethink my life a little more.

Just stop spending on the game, vote with your wallet and show them that you do actually care about how they treat the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilwine View Post
    They could have made the thoughts reward 20 AC and that would have worked. In addition they could have put up a micro survey in the game and once players hit submit awarded them with 20AC to complete the process.

Plenty of ways to get to the CORRECT path. They picked the one that had $$$s at the end to show “appreciation.”

With the way they set up this event it wouldn’t have been fair even if the contests gave 20. To get a free anniversary crate your empire had to have won at least one war every day for 5 days. A lot of empires can’t reliably do that. I personally did get a free crate, but it was because I’m in one of the top 5 empires and I got lucky and won 30 tokens from the forum contest.

Here are a few ways they could’ve fixed it:

1. They should’ve given everyone bonus tokens equal to the number of days they paid respect. IE: 1000 days of respect paid -> 1000 anniversary tokens credited to your account. This would make it so every player who has been loyal for a decent amount of time would easily get 1 to 2 anniversary crates without having to get some lucky EvE wins or win a forum contest.

2. The crate should have been epics only. I don’t think anyone would be happy with rolling a rare on such a special day like this. This is the 5th anniversary. We want to get something good for free as appreciation for our loyalty. Isn’t that what anniversary celebrations are for? The game wouldn’t have lasted 5 years if it wasn’t for the players loyalty.

3. Limit people to earning up to 3 crates for the event period so people can’t farm a bunch of cheap epics during the event.

4. Forum/Facebook contests: Please don’t consider 30 anniversary tokens a “reward.” It is literally less than half a scratcher, or barely equal to one tenth of a regular crate in the tech lab. The only reason it seemed more valuable to us was it was the only way we could get enough tokens for an anniversary crate without spending money on FP. If you have any contest like this where we share our thoughts, you can give away something decent like rare crate rolls or 5-10 scratchers to the winners so that more people are eager to participate. You don’t need to make the rewards so tiny. 1 rare LT is still nothing. You need to fuse hundreds of LTs to get a 9 star. I promise, giving away some decent stuff for free won’t hurt anything.
    Last edited by Bungboy; 01-19-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bungboy View Post
    1. They should’ve given everyone bonus tokens equal to the number of days they paid respect. IE: 1000 days of respect paid -> 1000 anniversary tokens credited to your account. This would make it so every player who has been loyal for a decent amount of time would easily get 1 to 2 anniversary crates without having to get some lucky EvE wins or win a forum contest.
    TBH - That is what I expected to happen at base. Some sort of thought going into it that reflected personal achievements in the 5 years.

Respect paid factored in.
    Number of achievements factored in.
    Days played/EvEs joined factored in.
    Random other stats factored in.

I mean imagine how nice it would have been to get your very own popup with your milestones and accomplishments listed with a reward tally based upon them. That's what I would have done if I were calling the shots on this one. A lot more personal, a lot more rewarding to those who make UE the game it is.

I got Spectre after using a triple roll for my missing AC coz we had a day where we lost all EVE

so what everyone else has said is true and valid but I don't care 😈

Bring promo back before event ends

Ended up getting rares on all 5 of my rolls, I save my fp or don't collect achievements so I always 30 for available for whatever. I feel violated by this.

I average 350k battle points per month on 5 toons for almost 5 years and I get to give them $25 in game currency for 3 Taggs, Vincent, and Alpha (on my mini titan- see my rant under I Hate This crate roll thread).

Yet, I still play even though they don't care.

I finished the first Turf Wars at 705 after last war, bought $25 in fps, only to not have show up until after event was over. I attended 10 out of 12 wars, including the last 8 in a row, waking up at 2am two days in row. I finished at 805 or something after the server lag. Was too tired and too pissed to even play next war, which might have got my Scythe. Then they accidentally send the prizes out again, I nearly lost my mind at that point. Customer service to me to beat it, not going to help. I did my money back from the FP that didn't show up, but had to contact Google.

But I play because I have friends here. But as they quit, so will I.

Thanks for 5 years