Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game dying?

Game dying?

Seriously is this game dying, the forum seems to be getting quieter, loads of inactive players in the game. Longer term players are maxed out.

Am I right or just imagining it?
    Bit-part low spender. LEVEL 10 Terminator and all skills maxed out.
    Working on Ghost now.

TERMINATORS RULE EvE.

Personal records in EvE
    Building damage record (non shields) 11,211
    Building damage record with shields 13,397
    Player damage 110,006

Re: Game dying?

There appears to be less and less players active each day. Even I donít play it like I use to. This use to be a game I logged in just to see if I had enough energy to click a job one time.

I use to search craigslist for people selling iTunes cards at a discounted rate.

Now I may purchase a promo here and there, and I log in maybe once every 3-4 hours. If it happens to be during a war great I dump tokens and use resources, hunt, pay respect, etc. then back offline.

I even noticed that participation even in eve chat is virtually 0. Use to be one time where callers would be upset because the chat was moving so fast couldnít keep the call on the screen.

None of our opinions on forums matter. Devs open threads to "try and get our opinions," but anything that's brought up wouldn't get a response for weeks, if at all. That's why forums are dying IMO.
    Why so cereal?!

Just look at the Dev responses in the ďto the DevsĒ section. I personally think that speaks huge volumns of where this game is headed.

Opinions on sidekicks were pretty unanimous, 'these animals are dumb, change them.' still nothing yet.

i'm not sure about the game dying but the forums are more or less dead for the last couple of years.

Not sure i feel like duke has been more consistant, clear and reliable than any other game representative this game has ever had. Not perfect but way better than anyone in the past that i know of. For the few years i have been reading the forum it has never been super poppin. I imagine this game is a small part of the workload these guys have and i would be worried about the game except its probably so cheap to keep it running that hopefully it will be worth it for a long time. I dont want to stop playing in the forseeable future. This will be the last phone game i ever play though if it does end. Until then ill spend a little and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Not sure i feel like duke has been more consistant, clear and reliable than any other game representative this game has ever had. Not perfect but way better than anyone in the past that i know of. For the few years i have been reading the forum it has never been super poppin. I imagine this game is a small part of the workload these guys have and i would be worried about the game except its probably so cheap to keep it running that hopefully it will be worth it for a long time. I dont want to stop playing in the forseeable future. This will be the last phone game i ever play though if it does end. Until then ill spend a little and hope for the best.
    Amen on Duke! Thank you 1000x over.

This is probably the only game Iíll ever spend money on. Iíve tried others and the base building games and such, they never grab me.

Having a record of the Daily Active Users stat would answer this quickly. But like a previous member posted, the forums imo have been slowly decaying over a several year span. The game itself I canít speak for the entire user base but I do notice much less EvE activity on the regular but this is just based off my personal activity and experience.

I see efforts by the devs to try keep us engaged so I wonít complain/bash in anyway but I agree the game doesnít seem as lively as it used to be. But I think thatís expected to a degree as players; get bored, quit, find new games, etc. I think innovation is key as new mobile software is competing for our attention daily.

If I could make a business recommendation thatíd be seriously considered I would suggest to continue working on UE as long as DAUís stays above a certain threshold but on a side note begin development of a new fresh game thatíd appeal to this user base. I guarantee you the competitive nature of some people here would instantly boost revenue of this new game. Atleast for the first quarter everyone would feel like they have a chance at being #1 on the next UE and spend, spend, spend! Just my $0.02

Advertise. Advertise. Advertise. Advertise.

Ohh and advertise.

My empire still has 35+ actives eve top 100 eve still fun. Outside legend is active even My newsfeeds still lit up every login spending outside events no longer as frequently but still spending. I love this game. Going on 5yrs 7 phones 2 ipads and 1ipod all with ue installed first. Ue is the only game i check multiple times a day still 🍻🍻 heres to 5 more years

This game is dying for me, that's for sure. It's boring and not much has really changed. EvE and PvP is the only gameplay. Everything else is just grinding for better stuff. EvE and PvP after 4 years isn't fun anymore.

I just want to see new gameplay, new modes, new ways to interact with other players.

New ways to collect new stuff (sidekicks) doesn't give the game more value to me. More ways to use the stuff I already have is what I would like to see.

I started a empire the first week I played back on 6/7/13 and this thread made me ponder on why I still play...not why the game is dying. For me its all about EvE. Its free and the responsibility of doing my job is the main reason I log in 3 times a day to defend and hopefully get the win. What is even more special is when I see my fellow empire mates logging in and following war calls. WW3 event was absolutely the most spectacular event for those that log into wars daily, I miss that event.

So, what keeps me playing are the people in my empire and my responsibility to be a good team player.
    http://underworldempireforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11583&dateline=138589  0795

Yes, of course it is. It is the nature of such games. There is no real opportunity for new players to be competitive at any level, so the ones that do show up are quickly lost. Players who have been around for the long haul fall of because of RL changes, switching device platforms etc. The game got a boost in activity when it made multi-toon playing easier, but that was just a shot in the arm. The way I see it, there are three types of players in the game. Big spenders, casual spenders, and free players. The platform needs all three types to continue playing to sustain viability. Unfortunately in the recent(and maybe not so recent) past focus appears to be geared at the first group and neglect the latter.

I started out as a casual spender, got boned during an event and was dismissed by the developers, so no more spending for me. I'm now to the point that after 5+ years of playing, I will probably set the game aside very soon. Eve, which was the biggest pull for me has become stale. The anniversary event is a good indicator that the status que of pay to play. As I have decided on principle I will not pay, that lead to the logical conclusion that my toons will be retired.

Good luck to all(despite the rng). Have fun and enjoy.

That u ingo ?

No, I'm Ingo 😉

But he got that right.

Last MMB had well under 40k players. The one before, 43k (ish). when is the next one?
    48BE8B

Quote Originally Posted by alexian View Post
    Last MMB had well under 40k players. The one before, 43k (ish). when is the next one?
    Considering more and more of those players are mini/shared accounts I wonder if there are even 10k unique active players in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by alexian View Post
    for the spectre MMB we have 80k players checked in

Iono how it reached 80k.... I doubt there's more than 10k active individuals playing UE.
    Why so cereal?!