• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ҝιττү
    Goon
    • Mar 2016

Bossing Questions For Duke

Dear Duke,

I have come across a fair amount of things regarding bosses that myself or others have questions about. I am hoping that these questions and your answers will help us build more accurate guides for the community.

• When counting the number of epics dropped, are any of the following included: Epic Insignia, Epic Recombinator, Phones, Passports, Blueprints. Based on the data that has been collected so far it seems like these aren't included into the 3 epics dropped but I would like to make certain.

• Are Sara Drops counted into the 3 epic drops, or are these separate?

• Are empire drops actually an epic drop (ex. steel beam)? They are listed as an epic in the boss drops information, however when collecting from a boss fight they show as a common.

• The Mastermind is the only boss that drops a Lieutenant, the uncommon Lieutenant Joey Pepperoni. Based on the information I've seen, this LT is included in the epic drops even though it's an uncommon LT. Is this true?

• Is there any reason to hit a boss past the max empire points threshold? Aside from points for rampage achievements. The maximum epics threshold seems to be the max empire pts threshold as well which is why I ask this question.

• Does the drop chance of any epic/legendary item increase or decrease depending on what threshold they are in? Some believe that there are "hotspots" where legend items drop more.

• Will the limit on gold and silver bullets ever be removed?

• Would you ever reduce the cool down on bosses or at least specific bosses? Now that the game has a filter for the public boss list, some bosses are never available because they die too quickly. Bosses such as The Mastermind, the public list is normally empty.

• Would you ever increase the drop rate for faction Insignias on Legend bosses? (ex. Mafia Insignia)

• Will you fix the graphic bug for bosses that shows the cracked screen of death when you still have HP and are dealing normal damage? I see this happen the attack after healing (cracked screen goes away after heal but returns on next attack) and the crack will not go away unless the boss fight is backed out of. I've seen this in old boss fights, FPS boss fights, and even in MMB.

Aside from bossing questions,

• Would you consider creating a setting in the game client to disable all or most animations? I have a Galaxy S6 and many of the animations, especially in FPS boss fights, make my phone lag. I already have all current graphics settings set to disable and the game still crashes very often on me. Sometimes I prefer speed over visuals, especially if they aren't necessary. I understand that this game was originally made for iOS and is optimized for that, but there are many different Android devices of different tiers and not all can handle these graphics.

• Would you consider creating a shortcut to quick swap between toons? Such as a small button at the overview of an EvE war that brings up a drop down of your toons to select. We all have multiple toons and switching between them during wars in the 'more' section is tiresome. If the toon was in a different empire it could then display the screen to join that other war.

• Will the 2000 Energy and 1000 Stamina limit on purchased refills ever be removed or have the limit raised? This limitation has been in place for as long as I can remember and now there are many more things to do in UE than in the past such as all the gold star jobs and rampage achievements. These limits make this game more expensive as new content is added where more opportunities to spend energy and stamina are.

I hope to see your responses and thanks for your time,

Kitty
    Last edited by Ҝιττү; 01-05-2018, 12:19 PM.
  • Quaranj
    Boss
    • May 2015

Re: Bossing Questions For Duke

Some good questions here - I particularly agree with the ones in the adide from bosses section.

Where I disagree is the faction insignias from legend bosses - that's comparing an apple to an orange as they do not take an insignia slot like a Legendary one does.

They're game changers to many when they drop and have not been devalued by other game drops. They're still very appealing to have and you want those lucky drops. If you meant the special insignia drops from *Cataclysm* I would be all for seeing a better drop rate on those as the lower quality ones have been eclipsed by legendary insignias.

Comment

• Ҝιττү
      Goon
      • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Quaranj View Post
      Where I disagree is the faction insignias from legend bosses - that's comparing an apple to an orange as they do not take an insignia slot like a Legendary one does.
      They're game changers to many when they drop and have not been devalued by other game drops. They're still very appealing to have and you want those lucky drops. If you meant the special insignia drops from *Cataclysm* I would be all for seeing a better drop rate on those as the lower quality ones have been eclipsed by legendary insignias.
      Sorry, thanks for pointing that out. I was thinking of the other faction insignias that you equip on lieutenants but I meant the ones like "mafia insignia" or "syndicate insignia". Oops

Comment

• UWE_Duke
        Developer
        • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Ҝιττү View Post
        Dear Duke,

I have come across a fair amount of things regarding bosses that myself or others have questions about. I am hoping that these questions and your answers will help us build more accurate guides for the community.

• When counting the number of epics dropped, are any of the following included: Epic Insignia, Epic Recombinator, Phones, Passports, Blueprints. Based on the data that has been collected so far it seems like these aren't included into the 3 epics dropped but I would like to make certain.

• Are Sara Drops counted into the 3 epic drops, or are these separate?

• Are empire drops actually an epic drop (ex. steel beam)? They are listed as an epic in the boss drops information, however when collecting from a boss fight they show as a common.

• The Mastermind is the only boss that drops a Lieutenant, the uncommon Lieutenant Joey Pepperoni. Based on the information I've seen, this LT is included in the epic drops even though it's an uncommon LT. Is this true?

• Is there any reason to hit a boss past the max empire points threshold? Aside from points for rampage achievements. The maximum epics threshold seems to be the max empire pts threshold as well which is why I ask this question.

• Does the drop chance of any epic/legendary item increase or decrease depending on what threshold they are in? Some believe that there are "hotspots" where legend items drop more.

• Will the limit on gold and silver bullets ever be removed?

• Would you ever reduce the cool down on bosses or at least specific bosses? Now that the game has a filter for the public boss list, some bosses are never available because they die too quickly. Bosses such as The Mastermind, the public list is normally empty.

• Would you ever increase the drop rate for faction Insignias on Legend bosses? (ex. Mafia Insignia)

• Will you fix the graphic bug for bosses that shows the cracked screen of death when you still have HP and are dealing normal damage? I see this happen the attack after healing (cracked screen goes away after heal but returns on next attack) and the crack will not go away unless the boss fight is backed out of. I've seen this in old boss fights, FPS boss fights, and even in MMB.

Aside from bossing questions,

• Would you consider creating a setting in the game client to disable all or most animations? I have a Galaxy S6 and many of the animations, especially in FPS boss fights, make my phone lag. I already have all current graphics settings set to disable and the game still crashes very often on me. Sometimes I prefer speed over visuals, especially if they aren't necessary. I understand that this game was originally made for iOS and is optimized for that, but there are many different Android devices of different tiers and not all can handle these graphics.

• Would you consider creating a shortcut to quick swap between toons? Such as a small button at the overview of an EvE war that brings up a drop down of your toons to select. We all have multiple toons and switching between them during wars in the 'more' section is tiresome. If the toon was in a different empire it could then display the screen to join that other war.

• Will the 2000 Energy and 1000 Stamina limit on purchased refills ever be removed or have the limit raised? This limitation has been in place for as long as I can remember and now there are many more things to do in UE than in the past such as all the gold star jobs and rampage achievements. These limits make this game more expensive as new content is added where more opportunities to spend energy and stamina are.

I hope to see your responses and thanks for your time,

Kitty
        1.No they're individual classes
        2.Separate
        3.No
        4.I think so
        5.The thresholds are only for the extra epic appearance. But if you hit more points the chances will get higher.
        6.refer to 5
        7.No
        8.No
        9.Hit more points
        10.Will check this

1.will consider this, but it's hard to do that.
        2.good idea
        3.I think scratchers are doing that.

Comment

• Quaranj
          Boss
          • May 2015

Alright - I've got one to add - the following quote is in the boss guide though I couldn't search the source:

*Originally Posted by*UWE_Duke*

AP = average points = total points/max participants
          Generally, hit over 50% AP = You get the first chance(pretty low) to receive legendary items, more points higher chance.
          For*Legend*Bosses, the threshold is 75% AP.

Let's say for example 3rd threshold is 100k points and that is where empire contribution points cap out.

For the sake of the example, 1M points total is needed to drop the boss.

2 players join boss 1 hits for 100k
          2nd player hits for 900k (leveling or dropping refills during an event.)

In this example, AP =(100k+900k)/2 players =500k 50% of AP is 250k.

Has the player who over killed 3rd threshold skewing the average and thus destroying player 1's chances at a Legendary drop in this scenario or does AP calc cap after player 2 hits for 100k?

IE: Should we be more strict at enforcing top limits because throwing the average like this depletes everyone else involved in killing the boss' chances at top shelf items?

Comment

• Xcali1985
            Head Boss
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Quaranj View Post
            Alright - I've got one to add - the following quote is in the boss guide though I couldn't search the source:

*Originally Posted by*UWE_Duke*

AP = average points = total points/max participants
            Generally, hit over 50% AP = You get the first chance(pretty low) to receive legendary items, more points higher chance.
            For*Legend*Bosses, the threshold is 75% AP.

Let's say for example 3rd threshold is 100k points and that is where empire contribution points cap out.

For the sake of the example, 1M points total is needed to drop the boss.

2 players join boss 1 hits for 100k
            2nd player hits for 900k (leveling or dropping refills during an event.)

In this example, AP =(100k+900k)/2 players =500k 50% of AP is 250k.

Has the player who over killed 3rd threshold skewing the average and thus destroying player 1's chances at a Legendary drop in this scenario or does AP calc cap after player 2 hits for 100k?

IE: Should we be more strict at enforcing top limits because throwing the average like this depletes everyone else involved in killing the boss' chances at top shelf items?
            His formula states MAX PARTICIPANTS so wouldn’t it be 1M/50 players. Even if 3 players joined and dropped it. The Average Point threshold would remain the same.

It’s time to start building the AP database for bosses, which should be pretty easy given we can just add the total points up after the boss falls

Comment

• Ethan
              Lackey
              • Apr 2017

“ Some say you hurt your chances to get legendary item if you overkill the boss. Eg. you hit way over the 3 epic threshold points. Is this true?
              answer: not true. the more you hit the better chance you get the legendary items. but when it passes 5 epic drops, you won't get better chance to drop legendary, I guess that's the cap you are looking for.â€‌

Your comment about 5 epic drops in �Boss Fight questions’ thread in this case are all epics counted? Because that will conflict with your answer to 1 you can’t get 5 if only 3 can drop not without counting all the epics. Could you elaborate if possible

“It’s time to start building the AP database for bosses, which should be pretty easy given we can just add the total points up after the boss fallsâ€‌

This is a side project being put on hold atm till we narrow down the empire thresholds as it’s time consuming

Comment

• Xcali1985
                Head Boss
                • Jun 2013

Can probably collect the AP numbers in less than a week. Maybe I will for my contribution to the community.

All you have to do is find a public one for each boss and join the ones that are almost dead so you don’t take up a possibly needed slot.

Then once it dies add up all the players total points. Then divide by Max allowed players.

I would probably double check my numbers by joining 5 bosses of each and averaging the numbers as I’m sure they flux just a little.

Comment

• Ethan
                  Lackey
                  • Apr 2017

Your going to need a bigger sample size than just 5. Are you on LINE or Discord Xcali1985?

Comment

• Xcali1985
                    Head Boss
                    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Ethan View Post
                    Your going to need a bigger sample size than just 5. Are you on LINE or Discord Xcali1985?
                    Why would you need a bigger sample size than 5?

It takes the same number of points to kill a boss.

Legends boss takes 1million points each time. The only reason I said 5 I’d because I want to see if you can get points on a final overkill shot.

When we do a legends boss it’s 4 people all hitting 250k and the boss is done.

Yes I’m on both PM me

Comment

Working...
                    X