Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Event: Turf Wars - 12/25/2017 19:00 PST

Re: Event: Turf Wars - 12/25/2017 19:00 PST

My biggest concern is that if this event is profitable it could set a precedent for gearing event prizes almost exclusively towards players at the very top end. I’m usually happy to spend 1-2 VIPs per event to secure the top participation prize but when that requirement is increased to 10-15 VIPs it puts me off wanting to spend at all. Historically, 2 VIPs has been enough for me to secure 4-5 epics but in this event that same level of spending is likely not enough to even get half of one epic crate which is a worse return than just rolling crates.

Anyone know what the empire prizes were for the last event or what the prizes are so far for the current one? My empire has only gone up to tier 3 and are curious as to what’s coming up.
    Why so cereal?!

Quote Originally Posted by Metalstorm View Post
    My biggest concern is that if this event is profitable it could set a precedent for gearing event prizes almost exclusively towards players at the very top end. I’m usually happy to spend 1-2 VIPs per event to secure the top participation prize but when that requirement is increased to 10-15 VIPs it puts me off wanting to spend at all. Historically, 2 VIPs has been enough for me to secure 4-5 epics but in this event that same level of spending is likely not enough to even get half of one epic crate which is a worse return than just rolling crates.
    Iím in the same boat....

Quote Originally Posted by pain901 View Post
    Get tf on with that nice ish....that's ridiculous to those who spend every event! and regardless to if they brought an old lt back or not actually put a milestone that can be obtained. Hell 4mil? regardless if you're the best lsi in game or the best player in game no one can reach it without spending serious money. Almost 20,000fp??? thats my point dummy!! Milestone keep getting outrageous in event and suckers like you appreciate getting sucked dry for your money
    Whatever the developers do, there will be always a complain, because you're not looking for the minimum rewards, which is top 700 for a re-introduced event LT. Some players can be very active and can achieve that rank for FREE. You look at the 4,000,000 points mark and saying you can't get it. Well, it has been like that, top 10 got an extra super crate that only has event lt, they just simply added more prize for the top ranker, nothing is wrong here.

20,000 fp is for your build at 2000 Ene/1000Stm . I can surely tell you Mr. Freeman & Alpha spend way above that amount every single event and they do not care much. The same rich/whales will be the top rankers of all events.

Quote Originally Posted by socool View Post
    Whatever the developers do, there will be always a complain, because you're not looking for the minimum rewards, which is top 700 for a re-introduced event LT. Some players can be very active and can achieve that rank for FREE. You look at the 4,000,000 points mark and saying you can't get it. Well, it has been like that, top 10 got an extra super crate that only has event lt, they just simply added more prize for the top ranker, nothing is wrong here.

20,000 fp is for your build at 2000 Ene/1000Stm . I can surely tell you Mr. Freeman & Alpha spend way above that amount every single event and they do not care much. The same rich/whales will be the top rankers of all events.
    You know, I wonder what the response would have been if the devs had just added these awards to the rank awards (e.g. super crate for Top 10 finishers only, other awards to the appropriate rank) and left out participation awards altogether like they did in the first event. I would guess that that the responses would have been muted, even though this reward scheme is going to give better results than the first war (right now, it looks like everyone in the Top 30 is on pace to get a super). In fact, this is the only event that I recall where there is a an uncapped number of super crates to be had, and in all of the events with super crates available as a prize, I'd gather that people who got the super spent on par with this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdwstrnkid View Post
    You know, I wonder what the response would have been if the devs had just added these awards to the rank awards (e.g. super crate for Top 10 finishers only, other awards to the appropriate rank) and left out participation awards altogether like they did in the first event. I would guess that that the responses would have been muted, even though this reward scheme is going to give better results than the first war (right now, it looks like everyone in the Top 30 is on pace to get a super). In fact, this is the only event that I recall where there is a an uncapped number of super crates to be had, and in all of the events with super crates available as a prize, I'd gather that people who got the super spent on par with this event.
    There is a participation award that is Empire rewards & points rewards of course. Gaea has been giving a hell lot more events than before. It is good for the player base as you will technically get more freebie as long as you participate and be active. Good/Bad depends on your reference as a spenders ; Good If you want to get stronger, catch up other players with event lt, Bad is If you still want a certain amount of top rank every single event, then you will have to spend more than before.

I’m normally in the camp where I think too much spend is needed to get top rewards. In this case however I just want to point out, this isn’t a normal event like mmb battle royal etc. This event comes in as an extra event and I regard it as a bonus.

You don’t have to spend, just play the game as normal be active and you will receive a few refills to stash ready for the next main event.

Exactly true. We have a choice to spend or not. Regardless of what your build is, I see top 4 million guys need to spend a few VIPs . Some 10 , some 5 I don't know exactly some even more 25 maybe. Developers have given them some token of appreciation for super crate not only limited to top 10 players. 100 people, 200 people get 4 million I say they deserve the crate.

If 4 million wasn't a super crate and cap at 2.6 million I don't think there's gonna be any fuss here 😀

Consigliere Game Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    Iím normally in the camp where I think too much spend is needed to get top rewards. In this case however I just want to point out, this isnít a normal event like mmb battle royal etc. This event comes in as an extra event and I regard it as a bonus.

You donít have to spend, just play the game as normal be active and you will receive a few refills to stash ready for the next main event.
    This is actually how i see this event funny enough. Last turf wars, ZERO dollars spent ( rewards got lost and i moved on). This one ZERO dollars will be spent. All events are optional. Nothing wrong in asking for events to be affordable but if it's not then players have the option not to spend.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by s0fr3shh View Post
    Anyone know what the empire prizes were for the last event or what the prizes are so far for the current one? My empire has only gone up to tier 3 and are curious as to what’s coming up.
    Details of the last one are on the wiki at http://underworld-empire.wikia.com/wiki/Turf_Wars, although that page is just a dump of the info on the forums so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiffle View Post
    Details of the last one are on the wiki at http://underworld-empire.wikia.com/wiki/Turf_Wars, although that page is just a dump of the info on the forums so far.
    Thanks, that was actually the first place I checked but I didn’t see any info about empire rewards.
    Why so cereal?!

Quote Originally Posted by s0fr3shh View Post
    Thanks, that was actually the first place I checked but I didn’t see any info about empire rewards.
    Oh, right. They kept them secret for some reason. I have a lot of them (from last time)...
    29m 50x Crate Shard
    21m 40x Crate Shard
    15m 1x Crate roll voucher
    12m 2x stamina drink
    9m 2x energy drink
    6.6m 2x godfather scratcher
    4.5m 200x class coins
    3m 1x stamina drink
    1.8m 1x energy drink
    1.1m 1x godfather scratcher
    500k 100x class coins

The list this time around looks the same up to 9m.

Oh, right. They kept them secret for some reason. I have a lot of them (from last time)...
    29m 50x Crate Shard
    21m 40x Crate Shard
    12m 2x stamina drink
    9m 2x energy drink
    4.5m 200x class coins
    3m 1x stamina drink
    1.8m 1x energy drink
    500k 100x class coins

IMO they should have swapped class coins for hunting supplies this time.

29m 50x Crate Shard
    21m 40x Crate Shard
    12m 2x stamina drink
    9m 2x energy drink
    4.5m 200x class coins
    3m 1x stamina drink
    1.8m 1x energy drink
    500k 100x class coins

Tyvm for this
    Why so cereal?!

This is an event for super LSIs. And the reward LT is ... Chopper. Hmmm, a bit useless for super LSIs, don't you think? Lol
    In my opinion they will make full use of Chopper only in two-three years ☺️
    Maybe this is a good moment for them to start adding atk/def
    Last edited by LLL; 12-28-2017 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    This is an event for super LSIs. And the reward LT is ... Chopper. Hmmm, a bit useless for super LSIs, don't you think? Lol
    In my opinion they will make full use of Chopper only in two-three years ☺️
    Maybe this is a good moment for them to start adding atk/def
    or maybe It's their cheap option to get a 3* epic fodder to fuse up whatever they want, lol. super lsi with top 25 probably only cost 1 vip, maybe less for some refill hoarder.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalstorm View Post
    It seems like a strange decision to choose to run an event that requires such a high level of activity during a period where a significant portion of players are going to be either on holidays or with family.
    Why can't any of you negative guys for once just say "oh, a new event, free things given away for playing a game we play anyway"
    Every time anything g is announced it's always a 'but odd that the the top 1000 prize isnt' blah blah blah. How about, if it's not good enough, you refuse to accept the prizes and in turn you get to moan about it?

The 4M individual mark for the top prize seems a bit unreasonable.
    I been in every eve and spent $50 so far and only have 397,000 points. I have 2000 energy and 1000 stamina also so I get full refills.
    At this rate I will spend 100 and wonít even break 1m points.
    A hefty price for a few epic shards.
    Btw I been sitting on epic shards for months. There drops are not that attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by HazeThc View Post
    The 4M individual mark for the top prize seems a bit unreasonable.
    I been in every eve and spent $50 so far and only have 397,000 points. I have 2000 energy and 1000 stamina also so I get full refills.
    At this rate I will spend 100 and wonít even break 1m points.
    A hefty price for a few epic shards.
    Btw I been sitting on epic shards for months. There drops are not that attractive.
    For this event if you really want the epic then go for it. Otherwise I personally have just been playing normal and hoping to hit the 250k mark.

Wise move