Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Event: Turf Wars - 12/25/2017 19:00 PST

Re: Event: Turf Wars - 12/25/2017 19:00 PST

Quote Originally Posted by UWE_Duke View Post
    Personal
    I'm clutching my chest right now. Ouch

4,000,000 personal. :x
    Assume 6000pts every war, 840,000 points for the duration.
    I still have over 3+ million to go, which is about $2000 bucks, with absolutely no way around it.

Yay event!

Nb: not sure how I feel about ‘splitters’ being listed as winnable items in place of something I could have better use for.

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    Are Participation rewards cumulative?
    Good question!

EvE autocollect working this time?

Correct me if i'm wrong, so basically we could get: personal rank rewards, empire contribution rewards and personal participation rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by tambunan View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong, so basically we could get: personal rank rewards, empire contribution rewards and personal participation rewards?
    Yes that's correct

Why are the requirements so ridiculously high? If I was to average 6000BP across every war this event - i.e. not sleeping for more than 4 hours at a time for an entire week - I would end the event with 840,000 points. I feel like that level of commitment should be pretty heavily rewarded but all it would net me is 1 energy refill, 1 stamina refill, 1 crate roll, 1 rare splitter and 2 epics shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalstorm View Post
    Why are the requirements so ridiculously high? If I was to average 6000BP across every war this event - i.e. not sleeping for more than 4 hours at a time for an entire week - I would end the event with 840,000 points. I feel like that level of commitment should be pretty heavily rewarded but all it would net me is 1 energy refill, 1 stamina refill, 1 crate roll, 1 rare splitter and 2 epics shards.
    That’s just war participation though and doesn’t count your empire participation rewards either

Quote Originally Posted by Bungboy View Post
    That’s just war participation though and doesn’t count your empire participation rewards either
    If I understand things correctly, empire participation doesn’t contribute to your personal contribution rewards. I hope I’m wrong because that means that even if you attend every single war for the duration of the event you’re still going to need to shell out around $2000 to get the top participation prize.

As an LSI I don’t recall the top participation prize ever having cost me much more than 2 VIPs. Unless I’m missing something here - and I really hope that I am - the jump in the cost of this event is outright absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdwstrnkid View Post
    What are EvE tickets?
    The 10 FP buy-in to EvE.

Essentially it means that is worth 0 points on its ownm

Personal Participation Rewards:
    4000000 Super Crate

Depends on your build . Nobody ask you to spend this amount. Just relax, it is an event. Duke basically just added rewards for the top rankers, 4 mil points was top 10 during the first Turf War event.
    Missed chopper ? spend a small amount for top 700 or be really active & play reaper. You guys need to appreciate the devs for re-introduce old event LTs so new players have opportunity to acquire them.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaranj View Post
    The 10 FP buy-in to EvE.

Essentially it means that is worth 0 points on its ownm
    You mean 10 stam, right? 😉. If it cost 10FP to join an EvE, a lot less people would participate.

To be honest, why not give some points for the stam used? If it’s using the same formula as other stam usage, it’s almost a rounding error in the whole scheme of things.

I just hope the empire contribution rewards are good, otherwise 99% of people are coming out of the event with essentially 2 refills, a crate roll and a rare crate roll.

Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by socool View Post
    Personal Participation Rewards:
    4000000 Super Crate

Depends on your build . Nobody ask you to spend this amount. Just relax, it is an event. Duke basically just added rewards for the top rankers, 4 mil points was top 10 during the first Turf War event.
    Missed chopper ? spend a small amount for top 700 or be really active & play reaper. You guys need to appreciate the devs for re-introduce old event LTs so new players have opportunity to acquire them.
    Get tf on with that nice ish....that's ridiculous to those who spend every event! and regardless to if they brought an old lt back or not actually put a milestone that can be obtained. Hell 4mil? regardless if you're the best lsi in game or the best player in game no one can reach it without spending serious money. Almost 20,000fp??? thats my point dummy!! Milestone keep getting outrageous in event and suckers like you appreciate getting sucked dry for your money
    Abdominal Pain x2: FCE876 & 79255D add me as your ally! JOIN PYROMANIACS!! HIGHLY ACTIVE AND WELL ORGANIZED!

Quote Originally Posted by Mdwstrnkid View Post
    You mean 10 stam, right? 😉. If it cost 10FP to join an EvE, a lot less people would participate.

To be honest, why not give some points for the stam used? If it’s using the same formula as other stam usage, it’s almost a rounding error in the whole scheme of things.
    Totally do. Was half asleep.. like I am now 😂 Good morning!

Cost of living in UE has increased 😆

Consigliere Game Guru

Opinions are welcome.

Please keep thread on topic and respectable to avoid actions taken against account.

Carry on.

It's the first time I noticed it. But I didn't get any eve end screen or cc from last war(s). I really can't be arsed with the whole event but I do care about the CC. Playing 5 toons I do not keep track of everything.
    Also on my last war of the day I usually don't see the end of the war because I mostly fall asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    Opinions are welcome.

Please keep thread on topic and respectable to avoid actions taken against account.

Carry on.
    The idea behind the event is good but the execution is not. It's too top heavy, why do the rank rewards not go up to 10-15k like the other events? Huge spenders get great rewards, but the cost is obscene. Super active players (3-4 wars per day avg) and their mini's take up the rest of the rank rewards and still don't get much without spending a lot. Everybody else gets whatever the empire rewards are (mostly junk so far) and at most up to the 2x epic shards. I have extra refills and fp sitting around for an event worth using it on, and I wont use any on this one. It doesn't help that the ranked players from the last turf war got double rewards for Christmas while the rest of us got a single Christmas crate. The point of events is to promote spending, for 99% of players this event isn't worth spending on. My 2 cents: Expand the personal rank rewards to be in line with other events or swap it to empire rank reward, and increase the point rewards for energy/stamina by like 5x to make refills worth using and contribution rewards reasonably acquirable.