Clear All

• New job tiers have been activated!

New job tiers have been activated!
    Come to Amsterdam and do it!
  • Quaranj
    Boss
    • May 2015

Re: New job tiers have been activated!

Please tell us the taps have been tweaked on these.

Silver and Gold job tiers haven't been enjoyable for this reason since at least Downtown, maybe even Westside.

I attempted a bit of the Italy ones during the 2x event and realized that even with that buff I would have had to spent my entire stash of refills and then FP to get them done in the event period. So I did the dice job instead only using the leftover energy to chip at missions.

If this is the same as the rest are laid out, I'm afraid I'll be leaving them incomplete like SoCal and Italy until at least I have a 2* Baron or better. (I have no Baron now, and I'm not motivated to star up Fixer unless we get a bounty of fusion material dropped upon us either.)

This is where I remind you guys that you missed a huge opportunity to take mine and others money when you updated the set level promotions and didn't make them retroactively available for all. That Baron at level 100 would have been welcome to many who can't be bothered giving themselves repetitive stress injuries on the tap grinds.

Comment

• Hmmm
      Lackey
      • May 2014

Just what we all love ,
      Tap tap tap tap grind
      Tap tap tap tap grind
      Tap tap tap tap grind...

/sarcasm

Comment

• Xcali1985
        Head Boss
        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Quaranj View Post
        Please tell us the taps have been tweaked on these.

Silver and Gold job tiers haven't been enjoyable for this reason since at least Downtown, maybe even Westside.

I attempted a bit of the Italy ones during the 2x event and realized that even with that buff I would have had to spent my entire stash of refills and then FP to get them done in the event period. So I did the dice job instead only using the leftover energy to chip at missions.

If this is the same as the rest are laid out, I'm afraid I'll be leaving them incomplete like SoCal and Italy until at least I have a 2* Baron or better. (I have no Baron now, and I'm not motivated to star up Fixer unless we get a bounty of fusion material dropped upon us either.)

This is where I remind you guys that you missed a huge opportunity to take mine and others money when you updated the set level promotions and didn't make them retroactively available for all. That Baron at level 100 would have been welcome to many who can't be bothered giving themselves repetitive stress injuries on the tap grinds.
        I can tell you even with a 2* Baron it’s virtually unbearable.

Comment

• Cthulu
          Retired Game Guru
          • Dec 2014

The extra stat points are awesome, can’t we just enjoy them?

If tapping is a concern, wait until the 2x completion rolls around and do it then?
          Come join us
          on the official
          Underworld Empire Discord Server
          https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

• Quaranj
            Boss
            • May 2015

Originally posted by Cthulu View Post

If tapping is a concern, wait until the 2x completion rolls around and do it then?
            I appreciate the attempt at positive spin here but no... this is just painful. These were badly implemented to begin with - should have been same amount of taps at a higher cost rather than more taps at same cost. It's a design flaw that proves that whoever came up with it initially either wasn't a daily player or was a BSI purist without Enzo.

The amount of refills that would take within the short event period of 2x completion makes it costly so that's not even a realistic expectation for anyone outside of the people who throw season tickets worth of cash at the game regularly. I don't mind spending on the game, but I don't like to feel like I have to just to get something done. It has to be a "want to" not a "have to" or it becomes too much like paying a utility bill and going to work.

I'd like to enjoy them but they will just sit there...taunting me with a reward for a grind I would rather not do at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Cthulu View Post

Agreed. I haven't even done Italy silver jobs yet and in no rush as are countless others.

Comment

• Bungboy
                Hitman
                • Aug 2013

I don't have an issue with how many taps the silver/gold jobs take. They're supposed to take longer. That's why they're called silver and gold. I do think that for future silver/gold jobs, the devs should look into improving the rewards in comparison to bronze tier. It feels wrong to get 1 crate roll for spending like 500,000 energy.

Comment

• Reaper9292
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Bungboy View Post
                  I don't have an issue with how many taps the silver/gold jobs take. They're supposed to take longer. That's why they're called silver and gold. I do think that for future silver/gold jobs, the devs should look into improving the rewards in comparison to bronze tier. It feels wrong to get 1 crate roll for spending like 500,000 energy.
                  and tapping million times for 1 crate roll doesnt feel wrong?
                  in my opinion the worst thing that they did is when releasing silver and gold , reduced the % completition and didnt increase the energy cost .

Comment

• Ҝιττү
                    Goon
                    • Mar 2016

Increasing the cost would be so much better than lowering the % completion.

I have 2* Baron and even when I hit gold tier, I only get 1-2% completion. We have 9 more areas left for silver and gold stars, and those are even harder. How many taps will it take to complete those future areas? 500+ taps per job to 5*? I really feel bad for anyone without Baron or Fixer.

Maybe as a Christmas present give everyone a free copy of Fixer.

Comment

• Mercurial
                      Soldier
                      • Mar 2016

I would prefer increased cost over reduced %age. I guess it may have been done to prevent completely blocking progression for some, I.e. 4x energy cost for some people may be more energy than they actually have.

Haven’t done the golds past Westside, unless cherry picking negative energy jobs if horribly overflowing, or high reward when pushing a level up.

Comment

• Metalstorm
                        Brawler
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Quaranj View Post
                        These were badly implemented to begin with - should have been same amount of taps at a higher cost rather than more taps at same cost. It's a design flaw that proves that whoever came up with it initially either wasn't a daily player or was a BSI purist without Enzo.
                        I think that’s indicative of the fact that the devs don’t play the game. They routinely make “bad” decisions because they seem to have no concept of the fact that their experience of the game is vastly different to that of the players. If they played the game at all I feel a lot of things would be implemented very differently.

Comment

Working...
                        X