• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lincsidney
    Thug
    • May 2015

Steel Kracken

I’ve been stuck on 60% for over a year now.
    I still need the Phalanx Turret and the Stealth Jet ski.

Am I right I’m thinking I need to keep hitting the Storm Raiders boss? If so, I’ve beaten it to epic threshold 3, 80 times.
    Bit-part low spender. LEVEL 10 Terminator and all skills maxed out.
    Working on Ghost now.

TERMINATORS RULE EvE.

Personal records in EvE
    Building damage record (non shields) 11,211
    Building damage record with shields 13,397
    Player damage 110,006
  • mr_teflon
    Lieutenant
    • May 2014

Re: Steel Kracken

I know of a guy in my empire who summoned that boss for every opportunity he could over a two year period and he was stuck at 80 percent for all that time until it eventually dropped, myself I was doing all his bosses and getting to make plenty of steel krakens to his dismay, and some other empire mates too, its never been confirmed and some people will come out with blame the rng which I do not buy at all to explain it all but some believe certain accounts when created have a better chance of getting certain items over others so whatever item you find easy to get you will find the next toon may find it harder, I also myself think this game is also coded like a gambling machine where it knows what a player is trying to do and reduces the odds of the player from getting that item, sometimes I mix up what I'm doing to try and throw it off and do some other things in the game and when you aren't expecting the item to drop cause you aint doing it all the time then I notice the item seems to show up when you werent expecting it as a nice surprise.

To further ellaborate on what I'm saying look at all your tech lab ingredients do you notice that a few of the items have loads of it, then a couple have not so many available in your inventory then there is one that has even less like one or two of the item and then you have that elusive last piece which takes forever to drop, I have 5 accounts and each one of them there is a item that none of them seem to easily come by but the others have plenty of, theres no way thats rng its more of a trend.

Comment

• alexian
      • Jun 2013

I agree with mr_teflon 100%

@lincsidney: although counterproductive, people seem to have more luck at Steel Kraken parts (not necessary that one needs, though) at 1st epic threshold.
      48BE8B

Comment

• lincsidney
        Thug
        • May 2015

Interesting replies, it’s doing my head in!!!
        Working on Ghost now.

TERMINATORS RULE EvE.

Personal records in EvE
        Player damage 110,006

Comment

• Xcali1985
          Head Boss
          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by mr_teflon View Post
          I know of a guy in my empire who summoned that boss for every opportunity he could over a two year period and he was stuck at 80 percent for all that time until it eventually dropped, myself I was doing all his bosses and getting to make plenty of steel krakens to his dismay, and some other empire mates too, its never been confirmed and some people will come out with blame the rng which I do not buy at all to explain it all but some believe certain accounts when created have a better chance of getting certain items over others so whatever item you find easy to get you will find the next toon may find it harder, I also myself think this game is also coded like a gambling machine where it knows what a player is trying to do and reduces the odds of the player from getting that item, sometimes I mix up what I'm doing to try and throw it off and do some other things in the game and when you aren't expecting the item to drop cause you aint doing it all the time then I notice the item seems to show up when you werent expecting it as a nice surprise.

To further ellaborate on what I'm saying look at all your tech lab ingredients do you notice that a few of the items have loads of it, then a couple have not so many available in your inventory then there is one that has even less like one or two of the item and then you have that elusive last piece which takes forever to drop, I have 5 accounts and each one of them there is a item that none of them seem to easily come by but the others have plenty of, theres no way thats rng its more of a trend.
          Proof that one part drops for certain accounts.

Comment

• Kilolbs
            Brawler
            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by lincsidney View Post
            I’ve been stuck on 60% for over a year now.
            I still need the Phalanx Turret and the Stealth Jet ski.

Am I right I’m thinking I need to keep hitting the Storm Raiders boss? If so, I’ve beaten it to epic threshold 3, 80 times.
            I've found that hitting to the 3rd epic threshold is not good when trying to get the last item to drop. Try different ranges 30k, 50k, 70k. And see if you can get it to drop

Comment

• lincsidney
              Thug
              • May 2015

I’ll try that
              Working on Ghost now.

TERMINATORS RULE EvE.

Personal records in EvE
              Player damage 110,006

Comment

• Reaper9292
                Banned
                • Jan 2016

this is how the drops were coded .

Comment

• Reaper9292
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2016

70k ?
                  better if u did 4 different ones with 17.5k points

Comment

• Yener333
                    Thug
                    • Nov 2015

I build 44 Leviathan...finally i got my missing part...i did 12k points on 5 different bosses,then dropped.maybe killed 300 x Stormrider Boss...long long endless journey

Comment

• mr_teflon
                      Lieutenant
                      • May 2014

Originally posted by Reaper9292 View Post
                      this is how the drops were coded .

https://ibb.co/db9Apb
                      intersting, on some of my accounts I couldn't get the gun on the war machine to drop wheareas on some of the others its the bit that looks like wings with missiles on them, on my main the war machine looked roughly the same as your pic, it took a long time to get the bit that looks like a cockpit, on the steel kraken on some of my accounts was the turrets that would never drop and a few was ok on the turrets but couldn't get the jet ski.

Comment

• Quaranj
                        Boss
                        • May 2015

Steel Kraken is one of those builds that you want to do sooner than later too.

I've gained some LTs to level since getting the last part but I am still leveling +2 to my LTs months later.

Comment

• AngryChipmunk1
                          Captain
                          • Jan 2013

94 collects 80% for the kraken
                          136 collects 75% for copperhead killer
                          80 collects 50% for ammageadon suit
                          157 collects 40% for AH-77

I triple threshold every boss I join.

I also put my focus into legend bosses, which are far worse than those and have a nice thread somewhere in the general section.

Dragon Fang is the only legendary tech lab item I've ever made, and the only reason for that is because MMB1 had drops that work and gave me the sword I was missing and a few extra.

Comment

• Quaranj
                            Boss
                            • May 2015

Originally posted by AngryChipmunk1 View Post

I triple threshold every boss I join.

You're wasting stam!

Overkilling a boss doesn't increase probability.

My best drops have been at almost 2nd tier. Not base of 1 but not quite 2. One of the players I have met with the most legend loot hits exclusively to just over 1st tier.

Maybe instead of 3x overkilling one boss, try hitting a bunch at lower tiers for that stamina spent. With the RNG as it is, it is better to take more individual dips than put all eggs into a bad roll basket.

Try it out and get back to us 😊

I have a strong feeling that you will complete much of what you have started there.

Comment

• AngryChipmunk1
                              Captain
                              • Jan 2013

I do bosses for empire points, but the loot on those bosses are pretty lame, as well as the points per stamina. So I'll go 80stam hit 10 bosses and see what happens.

And I bring them to triple drop on the money usually.

Comment

Working...
                              X