Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Some thoughts - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some thoughts

Re: Some thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by s0fr3shh View Post
    Second these sentiments. I've been playing the game since beta and the lack of progress for the classes has led to a lull in gameplay. There are a ton of people who are tied to the class that they enjoyed for many years that don't want to switch to a new class because it would require a whole new set of stat allocations and LTs. Many people in my empire have all of their class skills maxed and are just saving CC while awaiting something new to come out in regards to EvE.

All of the new talk about new modes is interesting, but what's more needed is adding things for us to use our class coins on so we can keep "progressing" within the game. All of the games, whether it be Clash of Clans, League of Legends, etc. continuously pump out new content so that no one is really "maxed" for very long. I've been playing this game for many years, and I wish the developers would follow that trend as well.
    The ship has already sailed but they should have had level caps. If they allowed people to move up 200 or so levels every 6 months or so, 1 it would have made catching up seem more realistic, 2 would have balanced the player field a bit to make it more unpredictable and competitive. Seeing 2 players at the max level you wouldn’t be able to know if the person had been playing since day one or Power leveled and is still weak.

To make up for players not leveling ie. not spending you could still have had a progress meter that allowed players to work towards their next 5SP boost.

Anyways, that ship is gone. I hope you guys go the strategy route.

Sound like some interesting and potentially fun ideas, but please can we have more content for long time players: additional daily respect bonus, new buildings to purchase, empire donations and something to spend ccs on even if it's an empire pool pot for additional benefits... Great work so far BTW

Maybe add a new splash of color to the game itself. Other aspects of the game as others request could be tweaked, but the game is a hodgepodge of the old and new. As time changes so do trends and people. Some of the art work is sketch work for me. Alpha and Boris are good examples. Shouldn’t be hard to throw a new coat of paint on it. Things are easier to look at longer if they are visually pleasing. Just what I would like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by binary View Post
    Sound like some interesting and potentially fun ideas, but please can we have more content for long time players: additional daily respect bonus, new buildings to purchase, empire donations and something to spend ccs on even if it's an empire pool pot for additional benefits... Great work so far BTW
    I like the idea of additional daily respect bonuses. I've always wanted a Health syndicate but I think there is a reason why it was not implemented

I like the new content ideas.

TvT would work best random to increase player involvement and interaction. TvT would be a great time to meet new people and make new friends. This might help make EvE more active as we meet new people and make friends.

If the teams are preset, then it's just smaller EvE where maybe people sign in or not. It should be pay on demand and you log in ahead of time.

The only advantage to preset would be people with multiple toons making their own team, but where is the fun in only playing with yourself? It's always better with a friend or two.

After you log in and teams are set, give each team 2 mins to place themselves in the buildings, then go.

Setup could be the same every war with a 2x2 board of HQ, Armory, Hospital and Sniper tower.

PvP by empire could be fun for those who partake in PvP.

Side note: are we sure this isn't a catfish thread? Duke's grammar and spelling is not his best effort on the forums. Maybe the account was given to another person at Gaea, but he used to be very articulate. This post, not so much.

I agree with Alpha, there are a lot of things that need to be fixed before trying to add new things into the game. You still have some very basic items that do not work! Like something as simple as the keyboard for android does not work. Its been years since I have been able to read players names or be able to communicate with my teammates. I'm on the newest android OS and you cannot edit at all and emojis do not work at all. Not to mention the HUGE lag we get just trying to play the game. If you are unable to fix these problems, can you introduce an option to where we can switch to IOS if your going to leave your android community behind? Thank you!

Any news on those ideas Duke?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Any news on those ideas Duke?
    Good question!

*bump
    Come join us
    on the official
    Underworld Empire Discord Server
    https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

There will be two charging skills in existing buildings. I really think they are fun.

2 charging skills? Explain plz and what about all those ideas u started w/this thread, think those will be fun if u implement them

I’d mostly like some changes done to EvE match making system. Win streak seems to be the case and faces you against a no win match for most empires not in the top 3. Win/lose ratio I think would be more fun. May see a lot of the same empires once seasons balance out the empires, but will bring strategy, balancing, and interest back I think. 1-3 good matches maybe a week based on both empires activity.

As for the match making now

Quote Originally Posted by UWE_Duke View Post
    There will be two charging skills in existing buildings. I really think they are fun.
    Ooohhh

When are those coming?
    Come join us
    on the official
    Underworld Empire Discord Server
    https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Lift the refill cap... or don't call it a refill... self explanatory.

Hitman

Quote Originally Posted by UWE_Duke View Post
    If possible help Silver and Gold empires charge super powers faster, Please !!!
    Sara is the only contributor in silver /gold empire.
    Suggestion: Sara contribution x 2(double)
    New players can't contribute 2 super power because daily achievements are 2 difficult.
    Have 2 wait a week for super power 2 fully charge.
    Last edited by Mobile Mob; 03-08-2018 at 01:32 PM. Reason: delete off-topic

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Mob View Post
    2. How does Armory super power work?
    I only notice 2 extra tokens at start of war and every player is awake but the token timer does not regen tokens faster.
    We have level 2 armory and the token regen timer stays 4 minutes...
    That's it. If a player is "asleep", not joined, the timer is doubled. So Armory super is good for empires that have a late surge of actives. No need to do the initial opt in, to start the timer.

Your improvement ideas sound great 👍 It would be nice to be implemented.

@Duke: i think Cthulu asked the most important question:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulu View Post
    When are those coming?

Maybe I should post this in a separate thread and I am probably the 2% that feels this way but I have to get this off my chest...Beasts, I figured at first it was a way to add a little something to whatever it is you like doing in this game. Some enjoy job hunting, EvE participation, PvP, or all the above. At first Beasts added a little flavor to a specific aspect that attracts players to log in and play. Now it seems it is getting to a point where they add enough progression to a load out where if you don't participate in this aspect you will find yourself way behind those that do. My small example is the event Beast. % chance to steal a token on EvE win...this may be the best a EvE beast will ever be or is this a harbinger for whats to come in the future? If so I can live with it but find it hard to believe there is not other ways to get the same job done. I see a bunch of great ideas and hopefully this info gets passed on the higher beings to add some more spark to a already cool game. Peace!
    http://underworldempireforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11583&dateline=138589  0795

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilwine View Post
    Maybe I should post this in a separate thread and I am probably the 2% that feels this way but I have to get this off my chest...Beasts, I figured at first it was a way to add a little something to whatever it is you like doing in this game. Some enjoy job hunting, EvE participation, PvP, or all the above. At first Beasts added a little flavor to a specific aspect that attracts players to log in and play. Now it seems it is getting to a point where they add enough progression to a load out where if you don't participate in this aspect you will find yourself way behind those that do. My small example is the event Beast. % chance to steal a token on EvE win...this may be the best a EvE beast will ever be or is this a harbinger for whats to come in the future? If so I can live with it but find it hard to believe there is not other ways to get the same job done. I see a bunch of great ideas and hopefully this info gets passed on the higher beings to add some more spark to a already cool game. Peace!
    They started to implement new things that only this beast/pet category can do though - level up beast, eve beast. I'm quite confident that if these things gets positive feedback from players - they will explore much more possibilities than the usual add this to that, or deduct this from that and add them to there type of powers. They even implemented the blue chat spam from PvP! Because of some beast..

While these kind of things does not directly affects new players, the old players had new toys to unwrap..which hopefully opens up new build or strategy or approach to the game. The worst part are it probably will cost us more $ to secure stronger pets (or most likely Event Pets!) as we would spend to secure event Lt. But we should've kind of got used to it by now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilwine View Post
    I think the sidekicks do a few things. Firstly they help players gain something new every day and can help to eventually close the gap between older non actives that sit in empires absorbing tokens and newer players who play every day. They also give a second facet of the game that helps older players improve loadouts (once you have above 3 star lieutenants it can take a long time to actually improve a loadout because of how much stuff you need to take those lieutenants to the next star level) lastly they help you create specialized loadouts that are specific to one task (jobs, EvE, PvP, bosses, etc) before sidekicks i had one loadout for bosses and jobs, now i have 2 because there are sidekicks i have that help with both.