Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Some thoughts - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some thoughts

Consigliere Game Guru

Re: Some thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by AngryChipmunk1 View Post
    Revamping lieutenants to give them more playability and more loadout options for players.

The Judgement crate rares.
    Hannibal, Porsche, and Berserker
    Lieutenants with diminishing abilities are a very huge turn off for nearly every player, and these ones were pretty bad, Berserkers ability was bad enough for him to be an Uncommon drop in the crates if I remember correctly. Now that he is in the mercenary crate under a rare slot I feel his power should be buffed, even without the negative drawback he is still a very poor rare LT, and a large amount of the player base are lacking his crate items which helped fix his power. I would include Mastermind in here, but he has his ability completely changed and buffed a long time ago which is a big plus.
    This needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha6776 View Post
    Duke,

I love the idea of new content but would like to remind Gaea that there are some parts of the current game that need updating or changes.

1. Respect points award system maxed at 6,000 respect points. Either revamp or discard awards. If discarded then stop awarding respect points in bosses;

2. We are accumulating more and more useless drops from bosses. We need a system to clean out inventory of useless brass knuckles for example and upgrade / combine into new legendary items that actually benefit our toons;

3. We need more legendary gear introduced. Gear that augments current lieutenants would be appreciated and might help freshen up outdated lieutenants;

4. Many of the LTs could use a freshening up like Mastermind received a year or so ago. The older LTs skills are a fraction of the power of newer LTs, herego my request for a defusioner function;

5. Introduction of un-combine function like a reverse fuse. I wont beat this to death but it has been discussed ad nauseum in the forums and the manual introduction in Last EVE was a welcomed addition to prizes but needs to be expanded past top 10 and allow for multiple un-combines so others have an opportunity to fix errant fuses or outdated lieutenants;

6. Current EVE enhancements: I think Gaea has done a nice job with adding new features to EVE (AP/HP button; battle board; superpowers, etc.).
    A) Id like to see a game mechanic that allows a limited number of player swaps during the EVE so that if a building has no active players because of time of EVE (like 3AM), an empire officer can swap an active player into the building DURING the EVE war. This feature would really mix up EVE and make it more interesting strategy wise;
    B) Id like to see Scythe fixed so that she steals x% of the counterdamage done by healer that has her seated.

7. Need Tier 3 classes (with new class skills), additional Tier 2 class skill levels (above level 3) or newly released Tier 2 skills. Lots of CC stacked and nothing to spend on. I dont have the wearwithal to accumulate a whole other set of LTs to change classes.

Once again, just my .02. Thanks for your consideration.

Very truly yours,
    ⚡️Alpha⚡️
    1. Introduction of 5th respect faction "Shadow" for daily health points as well, would love to see respect points accumulated above 6000 be logged as currency to purchase any Lt in the game in correspondce in its faction, IMO a majority of players work themselves to the bone rolling for Lts they may never see and a definite way to earn epics or other ability lts could really diversify builds

Thumbs up!!!

Hitman

Quote Originally Posted by GQuest View Post
    I see TvT on demand like Halo online battles where everyone goes into a lobby and friends join a team and when both sides are filled the battle starts. Needs to be short battles like 10-20 minutes. I would like to see some of the drops in this game reworked so they are valuable to the player and not so repetitive please. Thanks for trying to make the game better!
    This is what I like about feedback. I would have never thought about this idea!
    When a new player start the game UWE he can join an empire with open recruitment.
    Create another tab next to EVE empire with open recruitment for TvT.
    There you can pick a TvT empire to join with open recruitment and if the TvT empire is full you can start the TvT war. Limit the amount of TvT empires that can be created we don't want another 1,000,000 TvT empires.
    Make TvT for different levels and different attack power. Try to balance player level and attack power.
    A player 10 can't join a TvT empire with level 4000+ and a level 4000 can't join a TvT empire with level 80+
    Last edited by Mobile Mob; 12-08-2017 at 07:25 AM. Reason: edit

What ever you guys do i think it needs to involve thinking and strategy. Maybe PvE where you can see what you are up against and choose a team with particular skills and a superpower (like a loadout for a mission) to counter/defeat the other team.
    Not really sure whats a good idea but i dont want to just click and i would like your chances of winning to be determined by the choices you make.

Quote Originally Posted by UWE_Duke View Post
    Hey everyone,

-TvT: EvE small on-demand battles
    create squad with friends and give it a name
    smaller teams (18 v 18, 10 v 10 or?)
    unique marching, league and ranking system
    empires have pre-set upgrades, equal on both sides
    fast action with all participants active
    I think this is the best sounding idea! I think this project should be prioritized before the others. I think this could bring a lot of fun to players. Some players may stay in pretty inactive empires (for a plethora of different empires) but probably would get a kick out of having another opportunity to have a really active war without abandoning his/her empire.

Signature by: MageFX

Quote Originally Posted by K1LLxF33D View Post
    1. Introduction of 5th respect faction "Shadow" for daily health points as well, would love to see respect points accumulated above 6000 be logged as currency to purchase any Lt in the game in correspondce in its faction, IMO a majority of players work themselves to the bone rolling for Lts they may never see and a definite way to earn epics or other ability lts could really diversify builds
    Holy crap! This is perfect, I 100% support this idea. Please take the time to discuss this one devs. Daily Active User's are vital to the success of this game and this would be a superior way to reward daily activity even better than the daily scratcher.

Signature by: MageFX

Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    I think this is the best sounding idea! I think this project should be prioritized before the others. I think this could bring a lot of fun to players. Some players may stay in pretty inactive empires (for a plethora of different empires) but probably would get a kick out of having another opportunity to have a really active war without abandoning his/her empire.
    I think it should be like Call of Duty match making servers. Where you join a lobby and the cpu sorts through the mess to place the best balanced matchup.

If you allow people to set mini-empires there will still end up being on above the rest. Make it random. Will force community interaction and hopefully growth.

EvE collect needs to be revamped... Why can't both empires competing collect a leaderboard bonus? Why not have both collect bonus, win or lose, and give winning empire double rewards (player xp, class xp, cash, cc [doubles base class coins then adds leaderboard bonus]), increase functionality of Shadow Broker empire upgrade to guarantee increased item drop ( I consider it luck when I collect 2-3 items on a win with level 5 Shadow Broker, cmon!) Adding in Empire Drops would be awesome! Would like to see EvE matchups to be set by upgrades or an optional lock of sorts with the addition of championships for each tier (bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, legend) as well, that in turn adds in new spots for the new leaderboard tab in conjunction with rewards equal to the empire's ranking. The 3 wins and rank up method is obsolete with the fluxuations and inactive bodies of the server nowadays IMO. Just a little input but I hope it sparks an idea or two

7. Need Tier 3 classes (with new class skills), additional Tier 2 class skill levels (above level 3) or newly released Tier 2 skills. Lots of CC stacked and nothing to spend on. I dont have the wearwithal to accumulate a whole other set of LTs to change classes.
    I was just mentioning a need for new skills to my empire mates. I don't think the game has gotten any new classes or skills since I started playing over two years ago. I've just about maxed out Ghost (don't have LT setups for other classes or the desire to play them, really) and not having anything to spend CC on isn't helping maintain my interest level in the game. If they really don't want to do the new class/skills route yet (or at all for some reason), they could give us something completely different to spend CC on with the availability of repeatable purchases - even if they were just mini-crate rolls that could only drop commons and uncommons, it'd be better than nothing (although I only mention it as an example).

The other thing I'd really like to see is an improvement to bosses and boss loot. Maybe let us use class skills in bosses (even if they have to make new boss-specific skills that we can spend CC on) and even let us use advanced classes. Loot wise, as someone with 1800 stam that does very little PVP, I'd really like to see the massive horde of weapons/gear I've accumulated from bossing become useful in some fashion besides just PVP war.

Duke,

I love the idea of new content but would like to remind Gaea that there are some parts of the current game that need updating or changes.

1. Respect points award system maxed at 6,000 respect points. Either revamp or discard awards. If discarded then stop awarding respect points in bosses;

2. We are accumulating more and more useless drops from bosses. We need a system to clean out inventory of useless brass knuckles for example and upgrade / combine into new legendary items that actually benefit our toons;

3. We need more legendary gear introduced. Gear that augments current lieutenants would be appreciated and might help freshen up outdated lieutenants;

4. Many of the LTs could use a freshening up like Mastermind received a year or so ago. The older LTs skills are a fraction of the power of newer LTs, herego my request for a defusioner function;

5. Introduction of un-combine function like a reverse fuse. I wont beat this to death but it has been discussed ad nauseum in the forums and the manual introduction in Last EVE was a welcomed addition to prizes but needs to be expanded past top 10 and allow for multiple un-combines so others have an opportunity to fix errant fuses or outdated lieutenants;

6. Current EVE enhancements: I think Gaea has done a nice job with adding new features to EVE (AP/HP button; battle board; superpowers, etc.).
    A) Id like to see a game mechanic that allows a limited number of player swaps during the EVE so that if a building has no active players because of time of EVE (like 3AM), an empire officer can swap an active player into the building DURING the EVE war. This feature would really mix up EVE and make it more interesting strategy wise;
    B) Id like to see Scythe fixed so that she steals x% of the counterdamage done by healer that has her seated.

Once again, just my .02. Thanks for your consideration.

Very truly yours,
    ⚡️Alpha⚡️
    Agree, agree, AGREEEEEEEE!! In particular # & #2 which should be the easiest to fix. Most players would be at 12,000...18,000, 24,000 or more respect points...give us some new gear pls. And I would gladly sell 1,000 bubbas for a legendary....heck, I might have 10,000 if you need them...those and omakase's ugh, hope to never see them again!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    What ever you guys do i think it needs to involve thinking and strategy. Maybe PvE where you can see what you are up against and choose a team with particular skills and a superpower (like a loadout for a mission) to counter/defeat the other team.
    Not really sure whats a good idea but i dont want to just click and i would like your chances of winning to be determined by the choices you make.
    Ture.

Personally I prefer the TD part, haha. But there is a major concern that the mode needs a stable team. Players having fun with friends, but how about lone rangers? They stay in silence empire and fight the other lonely empire, seems team creating is the hardest.

Quote Originally Posted by UWE_Duke View Post
    Personally I prefer the TD part, haha. But there is a major concern that the mode needs a stable team. Players having fun with friends, but how about lone rangers? They stay in silence empire and fight the other lonely empire, seems team creating is the hardest.
    How about a 2x2 bldg grid 20 v 20 ppl, health packs are replaced by 5 lives, 1 minute tokens across the board. First to destroy 4 buildings and kill each player up to 5 times will win. Match will also end if all 20 players all are dead when last building falls. Teams are based around a combined power level and class as each team is composed of 5 toons of each of the 4 tier 1 classes and/or their tier 2 counter parts ( 2 snipers, 3 ghosts[5], 4 titans, 1 enforcer[10], 3 heavy weapons, 2 terminators[15], 2 assassins, 3 reapers [20]) which places 5 people in each building. Sets the stage for teams of 5, 10, and 20, placement in buildings are random, and teams or squads of the 5, 10, or 20 can be assembled before hand by a single person or a team member via ally code/list.

Hi

I'm not good with the right vocabulary for computers and coding. But if I put together a few posts an idea might go like this. And please bare with the basic language

To be able to reach players who fight quite in solitude the TvT part needs to include the option to be placed in a team. A lobby where game places u in a matching team sounds easiest.

someone wanted more skill to be involved. Devs want preset buildings. Maybe the player can choose its weapons and gears? Give the players 5-10 min to swap and counter the opposing teams choices, which are visible for all. After those 5-10 min battle starts. The weapons to choose from should also be standard. Not to be grinding individual for. This part of the game should try to stay away from grinding. This is satisfaction on demand. To satisfy players desire the rewards need to be of good value. There should also be a possibility of a reward with great value ( I hate rng but I can also see that it has its value).

For those players that stated that some excisting issues should be sorted first, before going on new andventures, I have an other solution, do both at the same time. Put some resources into ue, hire some more staff to catch up.

About fixing stuff. Using tons of accumulated crap drops to create things of value for the individual
    sound great. I know that tech lab already is sort of this, but there are stuff that we sit on that doesnt count as tech lab ingredients. So maybe add them to it.
    Also, how about implementing defusionizers
    The out of date lts in game needs to be fixed one way or an other.
    Whats the best way? Give them new abilities? Or implementing defusionizers? Defusionizers could render revenue. New abilities to old lts might not. But it is food for thought.

Kindest Regards 🌺
    Last edited by Ramaria2; 12-11-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Land View Post
    I don't think the game has gotten any new classes or skills since I started playing over two years ago.
    Level 2 classes were added June 2015.

I've just about maxed out Ghost (don't have LT setups for other classes or the desire to play them, really) and not having anything to spend CC on isn't helping maintain my interest level in the game.
    This type of argument makes no sense to me. "I've maxed out 2 of the 8 classes available, but I think they should add more classes because the other 6 aren't interesting to me".

I always thought it would be helpful (4 hours a day instead of 8) to double speed of EvE - 1 hr war with double speed tokens. Also like the idea of tiers within the EvE tiers - narrowing the competitive band to 20 or so empires with the same move up/move down mechanics - seems like youd get more equal competition... top 20 Legends is Legends 1 tier, 21-40 is Legends 2 tier...

Im not looking fo more gameplay, but more efficient playing time of currently functionality. If I only have 5 spare minutes, im going to play something besides UE.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiffle View Post

This type of argument makes no sense to me. "I've maxed out 2 of the 8 classes available, but I think they should add more classes because the other 6 aren't interesting to me".
    Lol. I agree somewhat. I got sniper class almost maxed. Ghost is maxed and working on terminator class now. I sort of like all classes and even tier 1 classes have their use. Sadly the tier 1 classes are sometimes underused. Personally I do prefer the tier 2 classes over tier 1 and I think that's probably what most players agree.

I'd love to see tier 3 classes but might be difficult to come up with ideas which don't break the existing classes. However we could do with maybe few new skills to existing classes if that's possible. Also I've been thinking that they should add achievements for the new classes. Like reach lvl 5 on each tier 2 class and also use class skill n times. Also EvE related achievements are missing. Grab the battle points, earned CC, tokens absorbed player damage etc and create new achievements. Those should be easy to implement by reusing existing code.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiffle View Post

Yes, and I started playing around August or September of 2015.

Is it really too much to ask for new class content after two years? It's not necessarily that the other classes aren't interesting, it's that I'm already so heavily invested and highly specialized in Ghost - from LTs to build to class skills - that it doesn't make much sense starting over to something that realistically wouldn't ever end up being as effective as what I had before with the amount of money I'm willing to spend on the game these days, especially since I've toyed with all of the other classes on my minis anyway. I don't think the game needs new basic classes, but new skills or skill levels, or tier 3 classes (or maybe better yet alternate tier 2 classes) could help breathe some new life into the game.

The game's been getting some new features but the pace of the updates and the quality of the new content has been lackluster to say the least, in my opinion, but I still have some desire to see the game do well and have genuinely meaningful updates. That's all I was trying to say by exploring some ways that updates could help renew my interest in the game.

Yes, and I started playing around August or September of 2015.

Is it really too much to ask for new class content after two years? It's not necessarily that the other classes aren't interesting, it's that I'm already so heavily invested and highly specialized in Ghost - from LTs to build to class skills - that it doesn't make much sense starting over to something that realistically wouldn't ever end up being as effective as what I had before with the amount of money I'm willing to spend on the game these days, especially since I've toyed with all of the other classes on my minis anyway. I don't think the game needs new basic classes, but new skills or skill levels, or tier 3 classes (or maybe better yet alternate tier 2 classes) could help breathe some new life into the game.

The game's been getting some new features but the pace of the updates and the quality of the new content has been lackluster to say the least, in my opinion, but I still have some desire to see the game do well and have genuinely meaningful updates. That's all I was trying to say by exploring some ways that updates could help renew my interest in the game.
    Second these sentiments. I've been playing the game since beta and the lack of progress for the classes has led to a lull in gameplay. There are a ton of people who are tied to the class that they enjoyed for many years that don't want to switch to a new class because it would require a whole new set of stat allocations and LTs. Many people in my empire have all of their class skills maxed and are just saving CC while awaiting something new to come out in regards to EvE.

All of the new talk about new modes is interesting, but what's more needed is adding things for us to use our class coins on so we can keep "progressing" within the game. All of the games, whether it be Clash of Clans, League of Legends, etc. continuously pump out new content so that no one is really "maxed" for very long. I've been playing this game for many years, and I wish the developers would follow that trend as well.
    Why so cereal?!