• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UWE_Duke
    Developer
    • Jul 2016

Re: Some thoughts

Personally I prefer the TD part, haha. But there is a major concern that the mode needs a stable team. Players having fun with friends, but how about lone rangers? They stay in silence empire and fight the other lonely empire, seems team creating is the hardest.

Comment

• K1LLxF33D
      Lackey
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by UWE_Duke View Post
      Personally I prefer the TD part, haha. But there is a major concern that the mode needs a stable team. Players having fun with friends, but how about lone rangers? They stay in silence empire and fight the other lonely empire, seems team creating is the hardest.
      How about a 2x2 bldg grid 20 v 20 ppl, health packs are replaced by 5 lives, 1 minute tokens across the board. First to destroy 4 buildings and kill each player up to 5 times will win. Match will also end if all 20 players all are dead when last building falls. Teams are based around a combined power level and class as each team is composed of 5 toons of each of the 4 tier 1 classes and/or their tier 2 counter parts ( 2 snipers, 3 ghosts[5], 4 titans, 1 enforcer[10], 3 heavy weapons, 2 terminators[15], 2 assassins, 3 reapers [20]) which places 5 people in each building. Sets the stage for teams of 5, 10, and 20, placement in buildings are random, and teams or squads of the 5, 10, or 20 can be assembled before hand by a single person or a team member via ally code/list.

Comment

• Ramaria2
        Soldier
        • Nov 2014

Hi

I'm not good with the right vocabulary for computers and coding. But if I put together a few posts an idea might go like this. And please bare with the basic language

To be able to reach players who fight quite in solitude the TvT part needs to include the option to be placed in a team. A lobby where game places u in a matching team sounds easiest.

someone wanted more skill to be involved. Devs want preset buildings. Maybe the player can choose its weapons and gears? Give the players 5-10 min to swap and counter the opposing teams choices, which are visible for all. After those 5-10 min battle starts. The weapons to choose from should also be standard. Not to be grinding individual for. This part of the game should try to stay away from grinding. This is satisfaction on demand. To satisfy players desire the rewards need to be of good value. There should also be a possibility of a reward with great value ( I hate rng but I can also see that it has its value).

For those players that stated that some excisting issues should be sorted first, before going on new andventures, I have an other solution, do both at the same time. Put some resources into ue, hire some more staff to catch up.

About fixing stuff. Using tons of accumulated crap drops to create things of value for the individual
        sound great. I know that tech lab already is sort of this, but there are stuff that we sit on that doesnt count as tech lab ingredients. So maybe add them to it.
        Also, how about implementing defusionizers
        The out of date lts in game needs to be fixed one way or an other.
        Whats the best way? Give them new abilities? Or implementing defusionizers? Defusionizers could render revenue. New abilities to old lts might not. But it is food for thought.

Kindest Regards 🌺
        Last edited by Ramaria2; 12-11-2017, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• Squiffle
          Lieutenant
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Land View Post
          I don't think the game has gotten any new classes or skills since I started playing over two years ago.
          Level 2 classes were added June 2015.

I've just about maxed out Ghost (don't have LT setups for other classes or the desire to play them, really) and not having anything to spend CC on isn't helping maintain my interest level in the game.
          This type of argument makes no sense to me. "I've maxed out 2 of the 8 classes available, but I think they should add more classes because the other 6 aren't interesting to me".

Comment

• Tresco Jones
            Goon
            • May 2013

I always thought it would be helpful (4 hours a day instead of 8) to double speed of EvE - 1 hr war with double speed tokens. Also like the idea of tiers within the EvE tiers - narrowing the competitive band to 20 or so empires with the same move up/move down mechanics - seems like you’d get more equal competition... top 20 Legends is Legends 1 tier, 21-40 is Legends 2 tier...

I’m not looking fo more gameplay, but more efficient playing time of currently functionality. If I only have 5 spare minutes, i’m going to play something besides UE.

Comment

• Will777
              Goon
              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Squiffle View Post

This type of argument makes no sense to me. "I've maxed out 2 of the 8 classes available, but I think they should add more classes because the other 6 aren't interesting to me".
              Lol. I agree somewhat. I got sniper class almost maxed. Ghost is maxed and working on terminator class now. I sort of like all classes and even tier 1 classes have their use. Sadly the tier 1 classes are sometimes underused. Personally I do prefer the tier 2 classes over tier 1 and I think that's probably what most players agree.

I'd love to see tier 3 classes but might be difficult to come up with ideas which don't break the existing classes. However we could do with maybe few new skills to existing classes if that's possible. Also I've been thinking that they should add achievements for the new classes. Like reach lvl 5 on each tier 2 class and also use class skill n times. Also EvE related achievements are missing. Grab the battle points, earned CC, tokens absorbed player damage etc and create new achievements. Those should be easy to implement by reusing existing code.

Comment

• Land
                Thug
                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Squiffle View Post

Yes, and I started playing around August or September of 2015.

Is it really too much to ask for new class content after two years? It's not necessarily that the other classes aren't interesting, it's that I'm already so heavily invested and highly specialized in Ghost - from LTs to build to class skills - that it doesn't make much sense starting over to something that realistically wouldn't ever end up being as effective as what I had before with the amount of money I'm willing to spend on the game these days, especially since I've toyed with all of the other classes on my minis anyway. I don't think the game needs new basic classes, but new skills or skill levels, or tier 3 classes (or maybe better yet alternate tier 2 classes) could help breathe some new life into the game.

The game's been getting some new features but the pace of the updates and the quality of the new content has been lackluster to say the least, in my opinion, but I still have some desire to see the game do well and have genuinely meaningful updates. That's all I was trying to say by exploring some ways that updates could help renew my interest in the game.

Comment

• s0fr3shh
                  Soldier
                  • Apr 2013

Yes, and I started playing around August or September of 2015.

Is it really too much to ask for new class content after two years? It's not necessarily that the other classes aren't interesting, it's that I'm already so heavily invested and highly specialized in Ghost - from LTs to build to class skills - that it doesn't make much sense starting over to something that realistically wouldn't ever end up being as effective as what I had before with the amount of money I'm willing to spend on the game these days, especially since I've toyed with all of the other classes on my minis anyway. I don't think the game needs new basic classes, but new skills or skill levels, or tier 3 classes (or maybe better yet alternate tier 2 classes) could help breathe some new life into the game.

The game's been getting some new features but the pace of the updates and the quality of the new content has been lackluster to say the least, in my opinion, but I still have some desire to see the game do well and have genuinely meaningful updates. That's all I was trying to say by exploring some ways that updates could help renew my interest in the game.
                  Second these sentiments. I've been playing the game since beta and the lack of progress for the classes has led to a lull in gameplay. There are a ton of people who are tied to the class that they enjoyed for many years that don't want to switch to a new class because it would require a whole new set of stat allocations and LTs. Many people in my empire have all of their class skills maxed and are just saving CC while awaiting something new to come out in regards to EvE.

All of the new talk about new modes is interesting, but what's more needed is adding things for us to use our class coins on so we can keep "progressing" within the game. All of the games, whether it be Clash of Clans, League of Legends, etc. continuously pump out new content so that no one is really "maxed" for very long. I've been playing this game for many years, and I wish the developers would follow that trend as well.
                  Why so cereal?!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Xcali1985
                    Head Boss
                    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by s0fr3shh View Post
                    Second these sentiments. I've been playing the game since beta and the lack of progress for the classes has led to a lull in gameplay. There are a ton of people who are tied to the class that they enjoyed for many years that don't want to switch to a new class because it would require a whole new set of stat allocations and LTs. Many people in my empire have all of their class skills maxed and are just saving CC while awaiting something new to come out in regards to EvE.

All of the new talk about new modes is interesting, but what's more needed is adding things for us to use our class coins on so we can keep "progressing" within the game. All of the games, whether it be Clash of Clans, League of Legends, etc. continuously pump out new content so that no one is really "maxed" for very long. I've been playing this game for many years, and I wish the developers would follow that trend as well.
                    The ship has already sailed but they should have had level caps. If they allowed people to move up 200 or so levels every 6 months or so, 1 it would have made catching up seem more realistic, 2 would have balanced the player field a bit to make it more unpredictable and competitive. Seeing 2 players at the max level you wouldn’t be able to know if the person had been playing since day one or Power leveled and is still weak.

To make up for players not leveling ie. not spending you could still have had a progress meter that allowed players to work towards their next 5SP boost.

Anyways, that ship is gone. I hope you guys go the strategy route.

Comment

• binary
                      Lackey
                      • Sep 2016

Sound like some interesting and potentially fun ideas, but please can we have more content for long time players: additional daily respect bonus, new buildings to purchase, empire donations and something to spend ccs on even if it's an empire pool pot for additional benefits... Great work so far BTW

Comment

• MFShawn
                        Lackey
                        • Nov 2017

Maybe add a new splash of color to the game itself. Other aspects of the game as others request could be tweaked, but the game is a hodgepodge of the old and new. As time changes so do trends and people. Some of the art work is sketch work for me. Alpha and Boris are good examples. Shouldn’t be hard to throw a new coat of paint on it. Things are easier to look at longer if they are visually pleasing. Just what I would like to see.

Comment

• Aprilwine
                          Street Boss
                          • Oct 2013

Originally posted by binary View Post
                          Sound like some interesting and potentially fun ideas, but please can we have more content for long time players: additional daily respect bonus, new buildings to purchase, empire donations and something to spend ccs on even if it's an empire pool pot for additional benefits... Great work so far BTW
                          I like the idea of additional daily respect bonuses. I've always wanted a Health syndicate but I think there is a reason why it was not implemented
                          sigpic

Comment

• DFish
                            Brawler
                            • Mar 2015

I like the new content ideas.

TvT would work best random to increase player involvement and interaction. TvT would be a great time to meet new people and make new friends. This might help make EvE more active as we meet new people and make friends.

If the teams are preset, then it's just smaller EvE where maybe people sign in or not. It should be pay on demand and you log in ahead of time.

The only advantage to preset would be people with multiple toons making their own team, but where is the fun in only playing with yourself? It's always better with a friend or two.

After you log in and teams are set, give each team 2 mins to place themselves in the buildings, then go.

Setup could be the same every war with a 2x2 board of HQ, Armory, Hospital and Sniper tower.

PvP by empire could be fun for those who partake in PvP.

Side note: are we sure this isn't a catfish thread? Duke's grammar and spelling is not his best effort on the forums. Maybe the account was given to another person at Gaea, but he used to be very articulate. This post, not so much.

Comment

• UE Addict
                              Lackey
                              • Dec 2017

I agree with Alpha, there are a lot of things that need to be fixed before trying to add new things into the game. You still have some very basic items that do not work! Like something as simple as the keyboard for android does not work. Its been years since I have been able to read players names or be able to communicate with my teammates. I'm on the newest android OS and you cannot edit at all and emojis do not work at all. Not to mention the HUGE lag we get just trying to play the game. If you are unable to fix these problems, can you introduce an option to where we can switch to IOS if your going to leave your android community behind? Thank you!

Comment

• Marc
                                Thug
                                • Mar 2013

Any news on those ideas Duke?

Comment

Working...
                                X