Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

  1. #1

    Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    The ability is a good idea but it's far too weak to ever be useful. There is no way it's worth using this LT to waste traps. The damage % can start at 10% but it should go up like this.
    1* 10%
    2* 13%
    3* 16%
    4* 19%
    5* 22%
    6* 24%
    7* 26%
    8* 28%
    9* 30%

    This way after you have him at around 5-6* it should be pretty clear that his ability is giving some sort of strength. Detonating a trap for 10% damage is just wasting your heavy's tokens cause you would have to trap them 10 times to get the same effect. If it was a higher % then it would be a pretty sweet ability.

  2. #2
    Underboss Quaranj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pokémon Empire
    Posts
    1,144

    Re: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    Agree something should be done here. All it does now is cause players to shriek that the trap tokens have been wasted and start witch hunts for who has them equipped.

  3. #3

    Re: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    Quote Originally Posted by Quaranj View Post
    Agree something should be done here. All it does now is cause players to shriek that the trap tokens have been wasted and start witch hunts for who has them equipped.
    Damage should be 100%. Trigger rate can drop to 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10

  4. #4

    Re: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    Quote Originally Posted by Xcali1985 View Post
    Damage should be 100%. Trigger rate can drop to 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
    Absolutely agree. This sidekick is not only crap it is actually counterproductive and wasteful

  5. #5

    Re: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    Quote Originally Posted by Xcali1985 View Post
    Damage should be 100%. Trigger rate can drop to 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
    I agree that the damage needs to increase greatly. 10% is a massive waste of trap tokens and a real source of concern.

    However, buffing it too high could also be problematic. If it goes off too often (imagine 30 toons hitting with this sidekick) doing 100% damage, it could lead to buildings falling too easily.

    I don't know the answer, but I do know that anything less than 50% damage is wrong.

    Game designers really need to look at this one and do something about it.

  6. #6

    Re: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    I agree that the damage needs to increase greatly. 10% is a massive waste of trap tokens and a real source of concern.

    However, buffing it too high could also be problematic. If it goes off too often (imagine 30 toons hitting with this sidekick) doing 100% damage, it could lead to buildings falling too easily.

    I don't know the answer, but I do know that anything less than 50% damage is wrong.

    Game designers really need to look at this one and do something about it.
    30 toons hitting a player, the building is coming down fast already. Gotta look at it in context.

    So 30 tokens would trigger 3 traps at 9* 10% rate.

    It would probably be 1-2 triggers as the player would probably set one off healing in that same period.
    Last edited by Xcali1985; 12-06-2017 at 04:14 PM.

  7. #7

    Re: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    This is a good sks when you know how to use him. You guys are using him the wrong way

  8. #8

    Re: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilolbs View Post
    This is a good sks when you know how to use him. You guys are using him the wrong way
    What’s the right way?

  9. #9

    Re: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    What’s the right way?
    Yes please do tell how doing 10-15 building damage is better than 100-150. I’ll wait....

  10. #10

    Re: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    You could plant boobies on nonactives. Extra damage on them, compared to no damage, since no heals.

    Does he work with splash? Imagine a Terminator using Bury on a full building, all with Traps. Token damage plus collapse damage would be pretty high.

    Does it worth it, compared to gathering the traps on the healer? Not sure, depends on each individual empire.


    Note: I do believe that the damage is not worth it compared to a normal detonation by heal / stim. But the power is something different, its an outside the box thinking compared to the usual "tap tap tap / healer dead / tap tap tap / building demoed". That's what I would expect from sidekicks, something different to lts' usual powers. Something like Panzor heal gain on dodge, Ficus's shard chance.
    Do I think this power should be buffed? Yeah, but not to 100% damage, he is only an uncommon. 100% would be more appropriate for an epic, since the chance to have him would be lower.
    Last edited by alexian; 12-07-2017 at 06:24 AM.

  11. #11

    Re: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    What’s the right way?
    Ok ill share the right way to use that sidekick.
    First off you would never want to set off trap on the empire that you at war with for 10% of damage. That's crazy thinking. You would want to set off trap on your team that would normally set off to 100% to only 10%.

    Ok when you have a trap on you and a stimmer stims you, the trap goes off with 100% damage. But if a stimmer stims you and then the trap only does 10% damage. That would be great. Do I need to go any further? Are you thinking correctly on how that sks should be used. It's funny seeing ppl using it on the empire they at war with, instead of their own empire. Good luck mates. I'm here to help

  12. #12

    Re: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    Quote Originally Posted by Xcali1985 View Post
    Yes please do tell how doing 10-15 building damage is better than 100-150. I’ll wait....
    You can stop waiting now

  13. #13

    Re: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilolbs View Post
    Ok ill share the right way to use that sidekick.
    First off you would never want to set off trap on the empire that you at war with for 10% of damage. That's crazy thinking. You would want to set off trap on your team that would normally set off to 100% to only 10%.

    Ok when you have a trap on you and a stimmer stims you, the trap goes off with 100% damage. But if a stimmer stims you and then the trap only does 10% damage. That would be great. Do I need to go any further? Are you thinking correctly on how that sks should be used. It's funny seeing ppl using it on the empire they at war with, instead of their own empire. Good luck mates. I'm here to help
    I like the way you are thinking but in the sidekicks description it says "on attack". Not sure if the in game mechanics treat a stim or riot shield (riot shield i think is treated as a sort of attack) as attacks but they could? Anybody test this or see it happen?

  14. #14

    Re: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I like the way you are thinking but in the sidekicks description it says "on attack". Not sure if the in game mechanics treat a stim or riot shield (riot shield i think is treated as a sort of attack) as attacks but they could? Anybody test this or see it happen?
    Doesn't say "on attack" just say attack

  15. #15

    Re: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilolbs View Post
    Doesn't say "on attack" just say attack
    If you've tested it and it does work like this, it's decent then

  16. #16

    Re: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilolbs View Post
    Doesn't say "on attack" just say attack
    You don’t attack your mates you assist.

  17. #17
    Lieutenant Godric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    502

    Re: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    Quote Originally Posted by Xcali1985 View Post
    Damage should be 100%. Trigger rate can drop to 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
    I like this idea. I’m all for a buff!

  18. #18

    Re: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    Quote Originally Posted by Xcali1985 View Post
    You don’t attack your mates you assist.
    I agree...but, stimming someone 50 levels higher than you counts towards the daily achievement of “winning a battle with 10 opponents 50 levels higher than you”. So, yes, a clever way to use this sk.

  19. #19

    Re: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    I agree...but, stimming someone 50 levels higher than you counts towards the daily achievement of “winning a battle with 10 opponents 50 levels higher than you”. So, yes, a clever way to use this sk.
    Yeah ive heard riot shield does the same so i guess it can be used this way. Its still worded strangely though. Im not sure if the wording is intentionally misleading, so that only a few know the proper use, but it seems way clearer to put "on assist" or "on stim or riot shield". I asked about this power in the original thread on sidekicks and i dont think it was ever answered but if this is how the power is supposed to be used the description should be changed.

  20. #20

    Re: Sidekick "Dash" needs buff

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Yeah ive heard riot shield does the same so i guess it can be used this way. Its still worded strangely though. Im not sure if the wording is intentionally misleading, so that only a few know the proper use, but it seems way clearer to put "on assist" or "on stim or riot shield". I asked about this power in the original thread on sidekicks and i dont think it was ever answered but if this is how the power is supposed to be used the description should be changed.
    I think it's more like an unintended consequence but we'll most likely never know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •