Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What activities or contents do you want to see on the forum?

Lightbulb What activities or contents do you want to see on the forum?

For several years Underworld Empire has been your constant companion, but did you know you can also pay our forum a visit to see if there is anything new coming up, talk with other players about your favorite LTs, and submit your feedback?

Well, the thing is, our forum is meant for what your want to see instead of what we want you to see, so here we are, reaching out for your opinions on what it is that you would like to see the most on our forum besides the above mentioned content. Little bonus events where you can get nice in-game rewards, or some fun facts behind the scene of the making of UE? Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, and maybe you'll be lucky enough to get rewards in return!

Available: 11/28 02:00 - 12/04 19:00 PST
    Rewards: 5 lucky players will get the Crate roll x1

Rules:
    1. Organize your suggestions in a single reply. We will check first one if you have multiple replies.
    2. Uncivilized/irrelavent responses will be ignored.
    3. Please also write down your Army Code in your reply.
    4. Lucky players will be announced within three days after the event ends.

Re: What activities or contents do you want to see on the forum?

Bonus Events,Happy Weekend with faster Token/Stam/Energy.More Infomation about Events before they start,how it works or how Skill works,dont wait until we ask how/when/what procs.
    Give us a chance to create Lab Tech Items.
    New Black Market LT.

1992F5

Great idea!

Ally code sent via PM (This is also a PvP game after all )

Advanced notice (2 weeks+) on upcoming major events would be really nice to allow planning for it. I've known some to book the day off work to be able to play at event start.

Behind the scenes UE information is always welcome! Let us know what is in development for new features! Build excitement for the new things coming up. A little hype can go a long way and spawn numerous discussions about what the player base hopes the new features will ultimately mean for their toons and the game as a whole.

Mirror your social media posts here to encourage discussion about what is new or upcoming in UE!

Announce new promos or FP sales here to see how the community feels about the offerings and allow yourself to bask in the praise if you really outdo yourselves here.

Detail your new things! We want to know what you have spent so much time working upon! Often when a new feature or LT is released we ourselves need to figure it out and that can be difficult as the learning curve for UE can be quite steep for new players. *Sell* us on your new features and give us detailed breakdowns of why that new LT in the black market or event is worth us spending our FP upon. Tell us how every new element introduced into the game from here on will benefit us and why we will want it so bad to be amongst the best players! It can be overwhelming to try and figure out a new game mechanic without the insights of how it was designed or how it is supposed to act for us. I can't stress the benefits of this enough from a player perspective. It can accelerate adoption and it can also let us know for sure when somehthing isn't working as intended. Stickies with new feature, new lt, new anything with description and discussion would be great.

If you have multiple ideas and are unsure how to prioritize them in development, give us a list and ask us! Some of us can be quite vocal and would love the opportunity to give this level of feedback to improve the game.

Ask us about any outstanding game bugs - a sticky for each platform. This will give you an opportunity to see what issues continue to impact players and allow you to differentiate between specific platform bugs or core mechanic bugs affecting both. Refresh these posts upon every version release and we'll help you make this a very solid platform.

Give us changelogs with updates - they don't have to be overly technical but if you have fixed something or think you might have fixed something, let us know so we can stress test these fixes and make sure they are working as intended. Also let us know if you have changed the functionality of existing features for a better user experience in these user-friendly change logs. We can really take some strain off the support ticket system if we have a working list of known issues and fixes moving forward.

All the best, and welcome to the forums Elise!

All what Quaranj said 👍🏻

And off course, more load outs!

Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by UWE_Elise View Post
    Well, the thing is, our forum is meant for what your want to see instead of what we want you to see, so here we are, reaching out for your opinions on what it is that you would like to see the most on our forum besides the above mentioned content. Little bonus events where you can get nice in-game rewards, or some fun facts behind the scene of the making of UE? Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, and maybe you'll be lucky enough to get rewards in return!
    I hope I understand you correctly.
    This is what I want to see.
    1. More EVE mini heist events, every weekend or every second weekend.(they are free).
    2. I really have a problem obtaining tech lab ingredients and Mafia contracts from daily achievements and feed the fishes execution. I don't understand 6% drop rate, it does not make sense.
    Suggestion: Create a Black market lieutenant that drop tech lab ingredients and contracts from jobs/PVP or change Sara's ability from +5 max energy to x% chance of dropping tech lab ingredients from jobs/PVP and +1,+2,+3 increase with every star.
    3. I really have a problem obtaining Legend: Baron passports from Cataclysm boss. I can't join Legend: Baron boss to farm for Mafia contracts brcause I don't have passports.
    4, Give us more options to obtain hunting supplies, Dojo or new Black market lieutenant.
    5. The Thanksgiving Promo was very good make all future promo's like that. Uncommon 70%, rare 20% and epic 10% PLUS hunting supplies, class coins, alloy, 3x uncapped energy and 3x stamina.
    6. More HOLIDAY DAILY LOGIN GIFTS at the end of the year.
    7. More EVE TURF WAR events, make it a main event.

What I want to see on forum:
    1. I want to see more activity in the Underworld times for example get ready for next weeks main event: Million Man Boss: Narco Empire, get ready for next weeks mini boss heist and so on and so forth.
    2. Create a calendar and put all mini and main events in the Calendar.
    I want to see a Calendar in the news section of Underworld Empire Forums just underneath Underworld times with all upcoming mini heists and main events. At least 3 months in advance.
    3. More create a lieutenant contests. Add to calendar. 1 every quarter.
    4. More feedback from developers, create a sticky thread in technical support/suggestions:
    If someone make a suggestion like Jobs: Full Energy spending option reply to it in "sticky FEEDBACK FROM DEVS" thread and give a reason why it will never work aka feedback from developers.
    Example 1: Jobs: Full Energy spending option will not be implemented because Fixer, Mastermind and Baron will become useless and there is the possibility of infinite level up.
    Example 2: We will not remove Apache: gun from Phoenix Resurrection boss. Give feedback.
    Example 3: There is nothing wrong with feed the fishes drop rate it stays 6%. Give feedback.
    Example 4: We created a task for the designers to chance the energy/stamina converters ratio from 2:1 to 1:1 but decided against it because... Give feedback.

Mobile mobster
    1c858b
    Last edited by Mobile Mob; 12-03-2017 at 07:17 AM. Reason: What I want to see on forum

its what would u like to see on FORUM. not in game.
    -i want job boss pvp eve heist threads whenever they are released with specification and reward table even if it is the same as the previous one .
    -i want explanation of lts for every new crate that gets released , we didnt get one for the previous one and it was a mess , im sure many players dont know what some of lts do from overlord crate yet , and the ones who understand them only learnt from a player to player discussion on forums or chats.
    -i want bug fixes , changes made to how the game works to be published on the forums with specifications .
    - i want threads released with info on what u are working on for new contents and asking for players suggestions on that content, imagine if u came here before with the idea of adding the hunting range to the game, how much constructive suggestions u would get for free from the players. 41B65A

1. Tips and tricks for maximizing game play and loot drops.
    2. Maybe a secret every once in awhile on how to obtain something that has been difficult to obtain.
    3. Background on development of the game and how it evolved and will continue to evolve.
    4. Future enhancements to come and timeline.

Thanks B6a298

I would like to see maybe weekly updates on what is in development and what we might expect to see soon in either new content or events.

I also would love more explanations of the different LTs. Maybe once a week pick an LT that is often misunderstood or new and a little confusing. Make a thread that explains the power, give a few examples of how it would affect the gameplay, and then allow players to ask questions for clarification.

I feel like some LTs might get used a lot more if there are concrete examples of how they work. Many people thought exterminator was absolute garbage for example because they werenít sure how attack power worked and the description didnít explain it perfectly for many.

More explanations and clarity equals happier player base.

E7B037

Hi

I see a lot of good suggestions above.

I think they all can boil down to one word "communication".

Communicate whats going on behind the scenes, whats coming up, answer questions, give feedback, new lt powers etc.

As it is now someone comes in from time to time, sweeps the sections and answer some questions but avoid plenty.

If the community manager dont know the answer then forward it to those who can. Then manager replies back when questions answered. That way it only takes one person to keep track of it all and its easier to know what has been adressed or not.

kindest regards 🌺

Quote Originally Posted by Malikar View Post

I also would love more explanations of the different LTs. Maybe once a week pick an LT that is often misunderstood or new and a little confusing. Make a thread that explains the power, give a few examples of how it would affect the gameplay, and then allow players to ask questions for clarification.

I feel like some LTs might get used a lot more if there are concrete examples of how they work. Many people thought exterminator was absolute garbage for example because they werenít sure how attack power worked and the description didnít explain it perfectly for many.
    This would really help! Misconceptions on LT powers is widespread. Now sidekicks also are subject to debate until they are figured out too.

I want to see a new section for Bounty Hunters.
    Maybe just players can put bounty to kill 1 or 2 players per day.
    The bounty hunter may be able to get not only cash but Class Coins or Hunting Supplies or FP or other lab items.

* monthly turnaround for black market LTs // a rotation based on votes from forum?

* as previously mentioned; more notice for major events. 2 weekís was mentioned. I would be happy with 5days.
    I donít mind the Ďpop up eventsí with short notice but the major ones surely have more planning involved, share the knowledge! I am by no means a boss hunter but I can imagine the short notice does bug a lot of those guys n gals.
    The forums have a calendar section. . .it would be ideal if events and the like were shown in that feature.

* monthly AMA with a dev? Last time was hugely popular & informative.

* reintroduction of *complete* changelogs whenever a patch / update is released. If you canít tell us the change (% may be a secret) at least note that it was changed + or -

frsh
    38E5D6
    Last edited by frsh; 11-29-2017 at 02:48 AM.

First of all if you really want a lot of opinios you should link to this thread from an ingame message. The vocal majority on the forum is just a very small group of people.

The most important aspect in general is communication between the community and either community managers or devs directly. My prime example for this is Grinding Gear Games (makers of Path of Exile). Their communication on their subreddit and their forum is the best i've seen from any gaming company.
    Once the communication is working we can discuss all the other aspects mentioned in this thread (this thread is not meant as an ingame content suggestions thread btw.)
    Development manifestos and behind the scenes are always apprechiated and help us unterstand why you guys are doing things a certain way.

The 'create a Lt' contests are a nice addition but i personally don't think that should be the main function of the forum.

Oh and another thing i find really helpful is visually indicating where devs/CMs have answered in threads (mark the threads with a little Gaea sign in the overview or something like that). Right now the forum is not that active and it's quite easy to follow Duke's replys but if it gets more active again it might be a bit much to 'stalk' every Dev and CM on here or read every single post.
    Last edited by CYBORGX; 11-28-2017 at 08:19 PM.

-Earlier notices for events, usually they pop up at the same time as the banner in game.
    -More feedback/suggestion rewards.
    -Lore contests.
    -More UWE_ presence and activity.
    -Forum based mini events. (like the heists)
    -Unique forum based main event. (like MMB/CR/BR)
    -Weekly/Monthly newsletter of upcoming updates/events etc.

2A4DE3

PS. Since this may be a good time to mention it; you have a twitter account for the game that you may not know about.
    Last edited by Havok; 11-28-2017 at 08:52 PM.

If I understand correctly, this is how to make the forums better, not the game itself.

I would love to see a section for lieutenants where each post gives the description of EXACTLY what the lt does. Then players can ask questions about that lt specifically and future players will be able to see historical questions they may also have asked.

The same idea could be expanded for items, class skills, etc. I understand that this sounds like the wiki, cause it is. The only problem is, the wiki is created by players and most of the time, weíre just guessing.

To make the forums more fun, please continue to ask for more create a lieutenant ideas. Even create an item or sidekick, etc.

How about player artwork contest? Probably some liability issues there, but Iíll leave that to you to figure out.

Most of everything I wanted has already been said.
    Make a clicky in game to come to this thread, someone said it earlier, but this is a very small community.

Black Market LTs, either pump out new ones on a monthly basis or so, and/or rotate older black market LTs through again on a weekly basis.

Player feedback on substantially weak LT abilities, Sara, Slade, Berserker, etc. to possibly change or buff the ability. This will give LTs that have been permanently shelved by players some playability to give more loadout options.

Announcing events and mini events on the forum in advance, seeing a banner in game 7 hours before it starts really messes with people's planning.

I'd also be interested in seeing the creation of LT and sidekick artwork for the game. I've always liked seeing sketches and how things evolve into very pretty pieces of art.

And the one I want the most is to just have Armid come say hello to us, she was the best.

I really enjoy when forum activities influence the game environment like the Create a LT contest or even this one.

I think it would be great if we had weekly votes for the Black Market LT for sale.

Discordant Game Guru

I would like to see there be an advantage or edge to be gained by involvement in the forums. I’m not sure the best way to implement this beyond passive acquisition of knowledge... One idea would be to use the “social media use=rewards” setup that other games use. Maybe in-forum goals to gain in-game rewards? Join the forums and gain 300 hunting supplies! Receive rewards for your forum account anniversaries? First 50 players to respond get a reward? Etc etc. Information is great but I’d like to see there be perks that can’t be shared in a Line group later. It doesn’t have to be that idea but something similar in spirit?

With that being said, having a much more aggressive developer presence in the forums would be wonderful. I’d love to have advance warning of upcoming events, promos, and content. Talking about in-the-pipeline concepts is enjoyable and player feedback can be beneficial during development. Several other posts have addressed this well and I agree with them.

One thing I would really like would be an overhaul of the Guides section. Please correct any missing bits or misinformation. Of specific priority would be areas players can actively affect i.e. boss thresholds but ideally it would all be checked to make sure it correctly guides the readers. Maybe add things you wish we knew?

It would be interesting to have quarterly or semiannual “grant awards” for improving the game awarded on the forums. Imagine taking the create an LT concept so wonderfully championed by Mist to a broader level. Have players submit proposals for a larger project that attempts to add or change in-game content. They are awarded monthly FP disbursements while working on their project with a developer. Once done, the content is released or modified in-game with an in-depth explanation posted to the forums. For example, Ya Boi Eddie! is currently working on concepts for LTs for an entirely new crate. If his proposal was accepted and funded, he could be rewarded for his efforts with FP and work directly with devs to make it practical, functional, implementable. There are a lot of creative people out there with a lot of great ideas.

I do like the idea of behind the scenes info. Show us the process it takes your artists to create a character. Show us your evil lair, I mean headquarters. Gives us outtakes, glitched images, terrible ideas that were discarded. Talk about the industry. Talk about pros/cons to the current app market. Talk about market pressures and difficulties behind the intellectual property that we may not be aware of. Make it personal.

That’s what I’ve got for the moment - might need to come back and edit...
    Last edited by Cthulu; 11-29-2017 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulu View Post
    I would like to see there be an advantage or edge to be gained by involvement in the forums. I’m not sure the best way to implement this beyond passive acquisition of knowledge... One idea would be to use the “social media use=rewards” setup that other games use. Maybe in-forum goals to gain in-game rewards? Join the forums and gain 300 hunting supplies! Receive rewards for your forum account anniversaries? First 50 players to respond get a reward? Etc etc. Information is great but I’d like to see there be perks that can’t be shared in a Line group later. It doesn’t have to be that idea but something similar in spirit?

With that being said, having a much more aggressive developer presence in the forums would be wonderful. I’d love to have advance warning of upcoming events, promos, and content. Talking about in-the-pipeline concepts is enjoyable and player feedback can be beneficial during development. Several other posts have addressed this well and I agree with them.

One thing I would really like would be an overhaul of the Guides section. Please correct any missing bits or misinformation. Of specific priority would be areas players can actively affect i.e. boss thresholds but ideally it would all be checked to make sure it correctly guides the readers. Maybe add things you wish we knew?

It would be interesting to have quarterly or semiannual “grant awards” for improving the game awarded on the forums. Imagine taking the create an LT concept so wonderfully championed by Mist to a broader level. Have players submit proposals for a larger project that attempts to add or change in-game content. They are awarded monthly FP disbursements while working on their project with a developer. Once done, the content is released or modified in-game with an in-depth explanation posted to the forums. For example, Ya Boi Eddie! is currently working on concepts for LTs for an entirely new crate. If his proposal was accepted and funded, he could be rewarded for his efforts with FP and work directly with devs to make it practical, functional, implementable. There are a lot of creative people out there with a lot of great ideas.

I do like the idea of behind the scenes info. Show us the process it takes your artists to create a character. Show us your evil lair, I mean headquarters. Gives us outtakes, glitched images, terrible ideas that were discarded. Talk about the industry. Talk about pros/cons to the current app market. Talk about market pressures and difficulties behind the intellectual property that we may not be aware of. Make it personal.

That’s what I’ve got for the moment - might need to come back and edit...
    ^All of this!!! I wish I had suggested much of this. Bonus points for your behind-the-scenes paragraph and the hopes of guide clarification. Yes!

Iíd like to see a reddit style up/down vote system for individual posts. The opinions shared on these forums arenít necessarily held by the greater community and this would help give a voice to the silent majority. Iíve also found myself in the situation multiple times where wanted to state that I agreed or disagreed with a particular post but refrained from doing so because I didnít have anything else to contribute and I didnít want to spam the thread.

Dev insights would be good too. When changes are made or new features are introduced I think it would be good if the devs could provide a brief overview of why they chose to make the particular decisions that they did.

3A3AE2
    Last edited by Metalstorm; 12-02-2017 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Forgot to add ally code