X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • socool
    Goon
    • May 2014

Re: Post your opinions about the sidekicks!

Originally posted by DeviL337 View Post
    so after playing through it some time now, i'm finding it hard to determine which sidekick im putting where, what were the devs thinking making the same type of art for 4 different rarities??? i know i've said it before but its really annoying to use animals... in a mafia game.

i play one gacha game which this game kind of reminds me of, i still don't understand why it's so hard to pull an epic (>5%??) its usually at least 10% in other games.

this 'new feature' is just another lazy copy paste.
    Do you realize that a rare is at 10% ? lol. Every game has their own design and chance based. It affects the entire economy of the game, making it higher or lower than the default is not a smart design way.

Comment

• Aprilwine
      Street Boss
      • Oct 2013

In my empire I'm seeing epic Beasts drop more and more on critcal attempts. I have two so far and other members are experiencing the same thing. Main reason I like this little implementation is rolling a epic. Something I could rarerly do when rolling crates. Anybody else seeing epics drop from a critical hunt?

Btw, this is a good thing guys. Not ground breaking but a little something you do not have to spend to get.
      sigpic

Comment

• Mobile Mob
        Lieutenant
        • May 2016

Originally posted by Aprilwine View Post
        In my empire I'm seeing epic Beasts drop more and more on critcal attempts. I have two so far and other members are experiencing the same thing. Main reason I like this little implementation is rolling a epic. Something I could rarerly do when rolling crates. Anybody else seeing epics drop from a critical hunt?

Btw, this is a good thing guys. Not ground breaking but a little something you do not have to spend to get.
        Maybe GAEA is handing out epic sidekicks so we can star up the MMB event epic sidekick.
        How can we star up an MMB event sidekick if we don't have epics?

Comment

• Havok
          Goon
          • Feb 2017

I'm disappointed that lower level = better sidekick drop rates.

Comment

• Bungboy
            Hitman
            • Aug 2013

I don't like how this update was implemented. Some of the abilities are good, but sidekicks should've been humans, not animals. And they should have made us spend energy and stamina on it, and made hunting them similar to attacking in bosses or EvE, instead of being a single tap. So we would have to actually win the favor of the sidekick by beating them up in a fight, and spending our energy and stamina on the hunt.

We needed something new and fresh but sidekicks ended up being a boring reskinned version of crates and LTs where you have to spend FP to get more rolls. I don't even get excited over it. I don't know how it's possible but every update makes the game feel even more and more like a cash machine and not a game.
            Last edited by Bungboy; 12-01-2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Quaranj
              Boss
              • May 2015

Originally posted by Havok View Post
              I'm disappointed that lower level = better sidekick drop rates.
              I think this is just pointing out the sliding scale beneath UE. Low levels usually have better crate luck too I mean. I know so many who rolled epic on their first crate that it would be hard to believe that it is all coincidence.

Comment

• Metalstorm
                Brawler
                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Quaranj View Post
                I think this is just pointing out the sliding scale beneath UE. Low levels usually have better crate luck too I mean. I know so many who rolled epic on their first crate that it would be hard to believe that it is all coincidence.
                From the perspective of player acquisition and retention it makes complete sense to slightly favourably skew the RNG in favour of new accounts or accounts flagged as likely to quit playing.

Comment

• Cthulu
                  Retired Game Guru
                  • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Gwellin View Post
                  Before John Wick goes on a rampage he visits some of those people to prepare. I don’t recall him going to a forest to catch some butterflies or pet a deer.
                  John Wick 3: Welcome to the Jungle
                  Come join us
                  on the official
                  Underworld Empire Discord Server
                  https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

• Reaper9292
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2016

how hard would be for devs to change hunting range into shooting range where we can shoot 3 times a day and get different weapons ?
                    same powers as the current wilds but the graphics would be changed to different type of weapons ( pistols , machine guns , rifles, snipers ) hunting supplies could be called bullets .
                    i think devs should consider reworking it . birds and butterflies just dont fit in this game in my opinion . i hope they take it into consideration.thanks

Comment

• Havok
                      Goon
                      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Reaper9292 View Post
                      how hard would be for devs to change hunting range into shooting range where we can shoot 3 times a day and get different weapons ?
                      same powers as the current wilds but the graphics would be changed to different type of weapons ( pistols , machine guns , rifles, snipers ) hunting supplies could be called bullets .
                      i think devs should consider reworking it . birds and butterflies just dont fit in this game in my opinion . i hope they take it into consideration.thanks
                      This or underground fighting rings or literally anything else honestly.

Comment

• Xcali1985
                        Head Boss
                        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Havok View Post
                        This or underground fighting rings or literally anything else honestly.
                        I’m fine with the animals they just all need to be apex predators. Tigers, bears, etc. exotic creatures that only a crime boss would look bad ass with.

Butterflies and deer annoy me. It’s hard to remember what skills they have because they look the same from common to uncommon etc.

It just seems like a rushed feature. The idea is sound, allows you to select addition skills within your inner circle while also allowing you to gain a little atk and def.

It needs a total design though.

Comment

• analytical
                          Street Boss
                          • Aug 2013

BOTTOM LINE: I plan to ignore them. They don't make sense in my criminal underworld. If people like them and want to collect them, that's great. I'll pass.

I think sidekicks are a deviation from the game. In my view, there are LT's. You can star them up by combining / fusing, and you can level them up. That's fine, I've got it. They help you in EvE, Bosses, PvP, Jobs, donations, lots of things.

Then we started to get weapons and items that enhanced LT's. That's totally in line with the rest of the resource-grabbing mobster game. Making a super kraken or a super monster truck is cool, fits right in.

Then we got insignia. Oh boy, I've got to get insignia, level THEM up, and put them on my guys. Not a bad deal, if you have 2 billion in the bank, insignia that cost 30 mil to max is no problem. Now the LT's + insignia can help you in lots of ways. They don't give LT's new powers, but they give them MORE.

Then we got the chemicals. I admit, I never bothered to suss that one out. You can get your LT's to higher levels, so now we have LT's with MORE + ("more plus" if you imagine the tv commercial). At that point I decided that I was going to stick with LT's and insignia and let the chemicals go.

Now we get pets. And they enhance different LT's for different functions - jobs, bosses, EvE, PvP, I don't know what else. I don't want to have to keep track of that. If you want to give LT's more powers, okay, do that. But adding chairs for pets? My LT's are gangsters. Hardened criminals. Stone cold killers. They don't have pets. Not cats or birds. I agree - we've added Pokemon. It seems so unrelated to the tough world of organized crime.

I'd rather see them deepen the story of the characters we have by offering more items we could acquire that would make Fox stronger or Duke stronger, than to give us a bunch of pets that I can't keep track of.

Perhaps there are players who got bored with the game and needed a new wrinkle. If they're happy with it that's fine with me. I plan to ignore them altogether and continue to play the game the regular way - building my toons up however I like.
                          Just a bit analytical.

Comment

• GQuest
                            Soldier
                            • Jun 2015

I don't know what the problem is, butterflies go perfect with LT Fleur! I dont pretend to inject my persona in the game I just play because it is fun.

Comment

• Quaranj
                              Boss
                              • May 2015

Originally posted by analytical View Post
                              BOTTOM LINE: I plan to ignore them. They don't make sense in my criminal underworld. If people like them and want to collect them, that's great. I'll pass.

I think sidekicks are a deviation from the game. In my view, there are LT's. You can star them up by combining / fusing, and you can level them up. That's fine, I've got it. They help you in EvE, Bosses, PvP, Jobs, donations, lots of things.

Then we started to get weapons and items that enhanced LT's. That's totally in line with the rest of the resource-grabbing mobster game. Making a super kraken or a super monster truck is cool, fits right in.

Then we got insignia. Oh boy, I've got to get insignia, level THEM up, and put them on my guys. Not a bad deal, if you have 2 billion in the bank, insignia that cost 30 mil to max is no problem. Now the LT's + insignia can help you in lots of ways. They don't give LT's new powers, but they give them MORE.

Then we got the chemicals. I admit, I never bothered to suss that one out. You can get your LT's to higher levels, so now we have LT's with MORE + ("more plus" if you imagine the tv commercial). At that point I decided that I was going to stick with LT's and insignia and let the chemicals go.

Now we get pets. And they enhance different LT's for different functions - jobs, bosses, EvE, PvP, I don't know what else. I don't want to have to keep track of that. If you want to give LT's more powers, okay, do that. But adding chairs for pets? My LT's are gangsters. Hardened criminals. Stone cold killers. They don't have pets. Not cats or birds. I agree - we've added Pokemon. It seems so unrelated to the tough world of organized crime.

I'd rather see them deepen the story of the characters we have by offering more items we could acquire that would make Fox stronger or Duke stronger, than to give us a bunch of pets that I can't keep track of.

Perhaps there are players who got bored with the game and needed a new wrinkle. If they're happy with it that's fine with me. I plan to ignore them altogether and continue to play the game the regular way - building my toons up however I like.
                              I laughed about the "more plus" - Chempacks didn't make my game enjoyment go up. It had the adverse effect in the sense that you're further penalized by missing out chempacks on top of loot drops if you PvP. Boss hunters have them stacked, PvP players have a few at lvl 1/2. It would be nice and also fair I think if LT weapons could "spawn drop" on PvP. Give players a solid reason to switch it up. If the PvP players are forced to boss for specific loot, why not make the boss hunters do the same and have to PvP for certain items (and I'm not talking those top rank badges) If they wanted to add empire/tech lab/shadow drops then the executions could be updated to give more up to date drops such as insignia shards, chem packs and fp.

The sidekicks - well the theme is a bit odd I'll admit. The benefits of them are solid and they're easier to collect than LTs at this point in the game. A recruit variant for LTs would be a welcome concept as there is solid ideas in play here. I don't think there'd be as many complaints about hunts if the theme fit.

Maybe in a new area map they can tell the story of why you would go hunting for specific "magical beasts of lore" Perhaps a modern western slant on Mononoke. Maybe they're not just animals, they're sentient and straight out of legend thought to be myths.

Secret jobs there could grant full hunt refill and some supplies. I figure they can still make it work if they tie it into the game story.

Currently some of the shoehorned job stories make you question why you would bother with certain things. It would be nice if the work was examined to bring in a full continuity between areas. It would all potentially play into your suggestion of bringing out more depth to the characters.

Comment

• Land
                                Thug
                                • Sep 2015

I'm glad to have a new feature in the game, but I have to say, a hunting range and wild beasts are a completely bizarre thing to find in a game themed around organized crime. If they added a Disney themepark simulator to the game I'd be a little more confused, but not by much.

As for the feature itself and how it works, I wish it had more depth. My whole daily interaction with the feature consists of pressing a button three times - maybe a couple more if I decide to check my hunting supply quantity or slot/fuse/etc. a sidekick (which is very rarely). If you want to get anything more out of it, you have to pay FP. While I don't have any problem with being able to pay $ for more hunts (considering that's basically the very nature of this game), the feature would feel less like a simple cash grab and actually be engaging / add substance to the game if it did a few different things:

1) Involve decision making on the player's part that ultimately affects the outcome (and I mean something more than just choosing which squad to run or deciding what order to upgrade your hunting range in). Just for example, let's say you could send different LTs on the hunt, and different LTs could somehow affect your hunt results in different ways. Or let's say each hunt has a chance to proc a decision that will permanently affect their squads in different ways (for example you could choose between a very minor increase in the amount of supply you get, or take a reduction in the amount of supply you get in exchange for an increased chance to get rares or epics). Anything that helps players feel like they're playing a game rather than a mere RNG simulator.

2) Have daily goals associated with the feature that amount to more than just "come back in an hour, a couple times per day". Maybe give us a way to earn an extra free daily hunt or two by playing other parts of the game, possibly by completing new types of daily achievements or something. Something that encourages users to be active and interested in actually playing the game rather than merely logging in to press a button.

Lastly, the sidekicks could have been balanced much better. Some of the abilities are really nice (see: boss epics), but the ability of some of the sidekicks are so underwhelming that they're barely even worth spending the five seconds it would take to equip them. Buffing those (or outright changing their abilities) would go at least a little way towards helping pique my interest in the feature.

Comment

Working...
                                X