Post your opinions about the sidekicks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your opinions about the sidekicks!

Have you hunted for the sidekicks?
    How do you think about Hunting Range?
    Post your opinions let us know.
    Your feedback is always helpful.
  • socool
    Goon
    • May 2014

Re: Post your opinions about the sidekicks!

Originally posted by UWE_Elise View Post
    Have you hunted for the sidekicks?
    How do you think about Hunting Range?
    Post your opinions let us know.
    Your feedback is always helpful.
    I do really like this feature added to the game. However, there is a lot improvement that is needed.

- Sidekick Power : Some of them have really good skill, some has skill that would never really give you anything.
    - This feature is really luck based . You might offer players alternative ways to obtain sidekick, such as limited sidekick in event, low chance to hunt them from using stamina/energy in general or certain events.
    - More variety of Power

Comment

• Metalstorm
      Brawler
      • Nov 2013

I’m actually super happy to see this post. Literally 55 mins before this thread was made I commented on a post in the “to the devs” section suggesting it would be useful for the devs to seek more community feedback. It’s probably just a happy coincidence but my ego would like to believe otherwise.

One thing that immediately jumped out at me was that free hunts and paid hunts are both called the same thing. Free hunts seem to refer to the 3 free hunts that everyone gets each day whereas paid hunts refer to the equivalent of 3 free hunts. Perhaps using a different word to refer to paid hunts (so it was more obvious that you were using FP to buy 3 more hunts, not just 1) would help clear up any ambiguity

Comment

• Metalstorm
        Brawler
        • Nov 2013

I also think the way Ficus works could/should be reworked slightly. I already posted this in “to the devs” so feel free to delete this post if it’s considered spam.

If they’re gonna base it’s power on dice jobs it has to based slums dice job. There’s multiple dice jobs where it costs several thousand energy to get to “great” which is required for Ficus’s skill to proc. I get that the devs didn’t want people to be getting too many shards from Ficus but it also means that even at 9* he is more or less useless on anything other than the slums dice job.

It’s not a perfect solution, but I think a better way to have done it would be to calculate how much energy is needed to get the slums dice job to “great” or even to 100% and then (assuming it’s 100 for ease of maths) setting spending that much energy on dice jobs to give you x amount of chances to get crate shards when you collect at great or better on other dice jobs. So if it took 1000 energy to get to “great” on a dice job I’d have 10 chances to get shards. You would still be unlikely to get any shards in this instance but at least it would make Ficus usable on all dice jobs and not just slums. I don’t think Ficus’s skill is good enough (even at high stars) to just farm crate shards so for those people who already have 9* Pain and effectively no more reason to do slums dice job, Ficus is substantialy worse for those people.

Comment

• socool
          Goon
          • May 2014

Math Lesson on Ficus.

0.5% chance to loot a single shard (20:5:1)

500 Energy to 100% Slum. Above Great is 80%, Let's take it 400 Energy (80%).

0.5% chance = 1 in out of 200 in average

=> 400 x 200 = 80,000 Energy , In average to loot 1 single shard.

If you want to get epic shard with (1:5:20), in average, you would need : 80,000 x(1+5+20) = 2,080,000 Energy.

If you want to craft an epic create (required 30 shards) , with that (1:5:20) ratio ; In average, you would need 2,080,000 x 30 = 62,400,000 Energy, at Ficus 1*.

... That is just slum job by the way, with the lowest "great" percentage collect.

Comment

• Ramaria2
            Soldier
            • Nov 2014

Hi
            Want feedback on the idea of sidekicks or the execution of added content?

The idea is good. Makes players who dont play eve to log in 3 times a day.

Also makes it possible to enhance your build or to balance it.

Execution of implementing it is also good. But supplies need to drop from more then hunts.

Adding a 6:th inner cirkle isent enough. U want atleast 8. Prob more.

Side kicks need to be easier to identify when arranging seats, combining and fusing. Some sidekicks look too much alike.

Recombinator aquirement pop up must be fixed sice they arent needed within the process itself.

Its confusing to go from 3 hunts left to crit hunt (thats not your accual crit hunt but the last one of the bunch)

A timer on main menu please

Has the walk through for new acc been added on how to do hunts?

Kindest Regards 🌺

Comment

• JPitalia
              Goon
              • Mar 2017

So I’m really not sure about side kicks. Some of the abilities are creative and I like that we get 3 free each day but honestly it seems a weird fit with the game. Farming snakes and butterflies in a crime game. On top of that the redesign of the LT screen to accommodate it feels dated/clunky.

Gaea have done a lot of great things for this game and I love that they are bringing new content, this one feels just... weird.

Comment

• DeviL337
                Goon
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by JPitalia View Post
                So I’m really not sure about side kicks. Some of the abilities are creative and I like that we get 3 free each day but honestly it seems a weird fit with the game. Farming snakes and butterflies in a crime game. On top of that the redesign of the LT screen to accommodate it feels dated/clunky.

Gaea have done a lot of great things for this game and I love that they are bringing new content, this one feels just... weird.
                agreed. why is it animals? why not just consider bodyguards for the lieutenants instead?

Comment

• Reaper9292
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2016

1. some skills that arent that much powerful have such a low chance to proc? buckeye /rare 1* has only 0.1% chance thats very low 1% + is better , anything below 1% is so bad.
                  2. its enough getting a common sidekick most of the time but getting 0 supplies its not cool . make minimum supply drop 5.
                  3. u need to have recombinators to fuse sidekicks really?
                  like dna and 2 fusion fodders arent enough for a fusion .
                  4. make the base chance for dropping common, uncommon,rare , epic sidekicks public .

Comment

• TheToug
                    Brawler
                    • Nov 2014

I do really like these Sidekicks.

However, there NEEDS to be another way to get Supply Bags.

Perhaps have Supply Bags drop randomly from Jobs similar to how Alloy drops randomly from Jobs.

Also, introduce a new Property (or Properties! Need some new ones!) that increases the amount of Supply Bags that drop from Hunts and from Jobs (if that could get implemented).

I strongly feel that these suggestions would serve everybody well in terms of getting Supply Bags and being able to upgrade Squads at a much more timely rate.
                    If ya smellllllll
                    What The Toug
                    Is Cookin'
                    0F2D17 or 9A44EE

Comment

• Metalstorm
                      Brawler
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Reaper9292 View Post
                      1. some skills that arent that much powerful have such a low chance to proc? buckeye /rare 1* has only 0.1% chance thats very low 1% + is better , anything below 1% is so bad.
                      At 1*Buckeye is very weak. His skill has a 1 in 1000 chance of procing. For someone with 2000 energy using 2 stam hits the skill will proc on average once per refill. If I understand how it works, job completion will be doubled on the hit the skill procs on so it will be worth 4 stamina effectively giving 2 free stamina which seems weak for a rare. And then there’s Prancer who’s skill (+5 energy / -10 stamina) makes no sense at all as it gives a net loss of 15 skill points.

Comment

• Mobile Mob
                        Lieutenant
                        • May 2016

I like the sidekick idea.
                        I login 3 times a day just to do hunting range while I wait for my energy/stamina to refill.
                        1. More variety of Power
                        Common and uncommon jobs sidekicks have the same power?
                        2. A timer on main menu please
                        3. More options to obtain hunting supplies please.
                        Sometimes you get 6 hunting supplies and sometimes nothing 0.

I hate sidekicks with negative ability for example +5 energy/-10 stamina
                        Make sidekicks with negative ability positive for example +5 energy/+10 stamina
                        UPDATE:
                        4. Make all FP hunts critical hunts, I don't spend FP on common sidekicks!
                        Unless you want to build a 9* butterfly then go for it!
                        The free hunts stay the same, 10th hunt is critical hunt.
                        Last edited by Mobile Mob; 11-20-2017, 05:39 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Comment

• Will777
                          Goon
                          • Jun 2014

Hi, at least its something new. I like some parts and some parts not. It's sort of strange idea to add animals. It feels like Jar Jar Binks in star wars movie. Tobeginwith the hunting range items were difficult to find and not well explained. It's not obvious where one finds the squads etc. Some sidekick names are hilarious: Brown Wind. Lol. Most SK powers seem weak. Then again they are not supposed to beat lieutenant powers. I agree it's not easy to tell a part epic, rare uncommon and common SK's just by looking at them. It's one more thing one has to remember to click daily. Best thing that has come out of this is the availability of the 6th loadout which is long overdue. Even 6 loadouts is barely manageable. I can still think of combinations of lieutenants which require almost daily switching. And I have not even considered yet the possibility of starting to optimize sidekicks for each loadout. Too much shuffling!
                          Last edited by Will777; 11-17-2017, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• mod.s
                            Lackey
                            • Aug 2017

Greetings,

Kindly:
                            1.Boost hunting supplies (asked many times before, i know).
                            2.Let us see other toons sidekicks in their profile (just like seeing their lts, insignia,etc), i just don't know why you are hiding them!!

Regards.

Comment

• Mdwstrnkid
                              Consigliere
                              • Aug 2013

I don't know if others have the same issue, but I have trouble telling the different sidekicks apart. Too many snakes, butterflies, bears, wolves, etc. that all look the same to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X