• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DFish
    Brawler
    • Mar 2015

Hunting Grounds- Meh

The hunting grounds offer some great sidekicks. You can do some interesting things with your line ups now.

But, it's just another RNG click and be done. Nearly everything on this game is RNG. How about adding something that takes skill?

Make it a mini game like duck hunt. Or any kind of mini game. Just clicking something every hour is not fun or interesting.

Also, we need more load out now. I am not going to reset my attack load out and my defense load before and after every war. I don't want to have 4 of my load outs devoted EvE and PvP load outs.

Can we please make them easier to get? And make them not needed to be in a certain order. I had 10 LTs to lvl 35 before I had the 35 to lvl 20.

After the Turf War debacle, I am barely hanging on. I saw Duke mention new content, so I kept coming back. But not really interested in just clicking a button and hoping for the best. And then not being able to utilize what new RNG blessing pops up.
  • Quaranj
    Boss
    • May 2015

Re: Hunting Grounds- Meh

Originally posted by DFish View Post

Can we please make them easier to get? And make them not needed to be in a certain order. I had 10 LTs to lvl 35 before I had the 35 to lvl 20.
    How about "no"? 😊

If they did this there would have to be a major award given to those who did it the hard way to make it fair imo.

The stagger is likely there to penalize those who fuse things away too early. You can certainly fuse anytime you want but doing so nerfs your ability to have other loadouts.

We got another loadout circle today. 25 unique sidekicks. Will take a little time but I'm alright with that too.

Comment

• Metalstorm
      Brawler
      • Nov 2013

I’m strongly in favour of implementing something that is purely skill based. My idea of how this could be done would be to create sandbox style events where players have access to all or perhaps a pre-selected group of LTs (for obvious reasons this would need to be seperate from the main game) and we would be able to use a slider to freely star them up or down. The catch being that the devs could set tasks with certain restrictions such as “everyone’s attack and defence power are set to 100, using only common lieutenants, deal as much damage as you can to x boss with 30 tokens. You have 20 stars to use but no LT may be started higher than 7*. Then you could have leaderboards and winners for the most total damage and the biggest single hit.

The current leaderboards only really denote who spent the most money on PvP or killing bosses, which is fine, but I think it would be cool if the most strategiy brilliant players or the best ones who have the best understanding of the game mechanics could also get some recognition.

Back on topic, I don’t think the required 25 sidekicks for the 6th seat setup is designed to penalise fusing/recasting. I think having just 1 extra seat setup is pretty significant so it makes sense that we’d have to earn it. It will also become much easier to obtain as more sidekicks are added.

Comment

• Quaranj
        Boss
        • May 2015

Originally posted by Metalstorm View Post
        Back on topic, I don’t think the required 25 sidekicks for the 6th seat setup is designed to penalise fusing/recasting. I think having just 1 extra seat setup is pretty significant so it makes sense that we’d have to earn it. It will also become much easier to obtain as more sidekicks are added.
        OP was talking about making the previous seats before this new one easier to get or allowing them out of order. Fusing away LTs early on -absolutely- makes loadout 3 + 4 more difficult without some money spent. If anything is to be done to make this easier I would prefer they up the ability for all to obtain more LTs rather than invalidating the grind many have already taken.

That way those of us who already unlocked them still benefit from the change instead of merely giving a handout in the form of an easy pass on what is one of the long game grinds.

Also, those who are at 5 loadouts but have been recasting will have a longer path to the 6th. I remember reading that someone was recasting all of their common sidekicks - I wonder if they have altered that strategy because of the 6th load out.

Comment

• DFish
          Brawler
          • Mar 2015

My main point, was, while new and with some interesting abilities, hunting grounds aren't really new. It's just more RNG hoping.

I like Metalstorm's idea, we need more if this game that uses skills and strategy. How many threads have people angry about crate roll drop rate, etc? Wouldn't it be nice to be rewarded for being skillful?

I play 3 wars a day, so I know there is skill and strategy in this game, that's not what I'm saying. But so much of it is based on RNG.

The seats weren't my main point, but I will try to clarify. For the seats, I could realistically use 8 or 10 given the side kicks and unique builds you could have with them.

A health load out
          Job load out
          Boss load out
          Attack- win EvE
          Attack-loss EvE
          Attack PvP
          Defense EvE
          Defense PvP
          Level Up load out

I have mentioned before, it would be awesome if, as you earned new load outs, they became more powerful.

For underboss seat, switch percentage to 25/75, with one attack and one defense.

Enforcer go to 20% and possibly have one that is defensive.

There are a ton of things you could do to make the seats more valuable.

Comment

• alexian
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Quaranj View Post
            Also, those who are at 5 loadouts but have been recasting will have a longer path to the 6th. I remember reading that someone was recasting all of their common sidekicks - I wonder if they have altered that strategy because of the 6th load out.
            On one of my accounts I have recasted almost all of my commons to test the "fuse bait". Now I have all 8 of them back, onyl from free hunts. They drop so often, so it doesn't really matter if you recast them untill you get all the other 17 unique sidekicks.
            48BE8B

Comment

• Reaper9292
              Banned
              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Quaranj View Post
              thats was me probably and no i still recast all the commons, as i dont collect lts and always fusing up the ones i dont use i have a small number of good lts to play around so 4 loadouts are enough for me, some toons of mine have only 2 loadouts unlocked so the 6th one is not more my toons.
              with 234 energy 220 stamina i wasnt gonna play eve for 3 years with 1 star epics and 1* rares and 3* uncommons so now i have a 3* epic 2* epic 4* rare 5* uncommon 4* uncommon and a long way to opening the 3rd loadout 😂 but its a little easier to collect lts nowdays so might give it a try,
              i just wish they were seperated from each other and what we couldnt do with lts we could try do with sidekicks.

Comment

• mr_teflon
                Lieutenant
                • May 2014

even though I dont mind the hunting grounds as its more things to do I would prefer it if they reskinned the whole thing and changed it to humans but give them all some randomly generated abilities like insignias do, some animals is not a bad idea though as some villians do have their evil sidekick like tigress has that tiger and hyena has his pet, maybe certain animals should have a synergy with certain Lts if it fits in with that Lts vibe and sharing the same seat, what about for example the consigliere having his sharks in a shark tank for example to go with a vegas extravagant lifestyle and boosting him, just a few ideas.

Comment

Working...
                X