• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SSilver
    Goon
    • Feb 2015

Android 7.0 bugs

Hi,

I just wanted to share bugs that i face on Android 7.0 hoping that some of them may be fixed as they really take away a big chunk of pleasure from playing the game.

1. Emojis. - I neither can see or type emojis in game chat which is really annoying especialy when nicknames contain them - ir can really ruin the communication. I don't have any problems with emojis in any other app on my phone.

2. Scrolling through pvp list or lieutenants list or any other lists (standard view EvE building, event releated list etc.) cause crashes very very often - in more than 50% of tries.

Can any Dev please adress these two issues?

I play on samsung galaxy s7 SM-G930F
    with english language set as default and on default configuration.

Thx
  • Quaranj
    Boss
    • May 2015

Re: Android 7.0 bugs

The scrolling crash isn't limited to android 7 - all my droids do it.

It's appears to time out or stall and be unable to recover so it hangs. Sometimes happens in a similar way when traversing areas of the game that causes the bottom buttons to refresh. I see 1/2 of them populate in the animation and stop in mid motion. Same with PvP at times. You do the 1st hit and the screen changes to the fight, partially populates and hangs. Really frustrating when you have been (at peril of hanging) refreshing a fight list and dangerously scrolling through searching for a badge worthy of hitting.

As far as scrolling goes, my near-full ally list is likely the worst offender and looking at profiles (self/other) is second though it can happen in any scroll. A building stacked with offense targets can do it, looking through the leaders section under empire home, viewing the public boss lists, etc.

Something just seems to happen in lists especially if you scroll to the threshold of an incompletely loaded section. (Example: If viewing a profile as it is populating, if you scroll too far and it hasn't retrieved that data yet, the whole works often crashes right there.)

Comment

• SSilver
      Goon
      • Feb 2015

Any chance for an answer?

I cant see nicknames because of emoji bug. It's making the game really hard to play as I can't really point anyone.

Comment

• katha
        Goon
        • Dec 2014

The game does't even start with Android 7.0 Nougat. That is really disappointing!

Comment

• IceQueen
          Lackey
          • May 2016

The only place I can't view tune names in certain fonts or view and use emoji is in game. Which makes it look like it may be a game issue. This can make communication and gifting parts to the correct party dfficult. Please fix this issue. Is there any estimated timeframe this might be addressed?

Comment

• Quaranj
            Boss
            • May 2015

Originally posted by IceQueen View Post
            The only place I can't view tune names in certain fonts or view and use emoji is in game. Which makes it look like it may be a game issue. This can make communication and gifting parts to the correct party dfficult. Please fix this issue. Is there any estimated timeframe this might be addressed?
            Google issue - someone dropped some good links on how Google is addressing rhe situation moving forward in the Discord discussion room. Looks like we're all going to want Android 8 devices.

Some apps have been applying a 3rd party workaround to facilitate things like this but the concern is how badly this could impact performance of an already slow app. If the app is translating 100+ emoji on a page of chat or an empire/ally list it might take minutes to populate in the current game engine. It can take over a minute for my ally list to populate now.

Imagine entering a building in war and waiting 45 seconds as the app translates the unicode of an emoji into a graphic it has stored for every username in there. It would become an exploit unto itself if it could be done to deliberately slow attackers on android I mean.

I'm hoping that somewhere Gaea has someone off in a corner optimizing or rewriting the core app as a whole to bring the performance in line with modern games so that things like this can be addressed without further breaking the game experience.

Comment

• UE Addict
              Lackey
              • Dec 2017

These issues need to be fixed soon as it gives android users a bad and frustrating experience. It also puts android users at a disadvantage to everyone else playing the game. In pvp I have a hard time finding people if they drop off my feed or block me because you can't read any of the names. I can't really communicate well in empire chat bc I can't read half the things people say and if I say anything and I need to edit what I have typed, I have to back out of the whole message and retype the whole thing. You cannot edit your text so you better get it right the first time. Please fix these issues

Comment

• Quaranj
                Boss
                • May 2015

Originally posted by UE Addict View Post
                These issues need to be fixed soon as it gives android users a bad and frustrating experience. It also puts android users at a disadvantage to everyone else playing the game. In pvp I have a hard time finding people if they drop off my feed or block me because you can't read any of the names. I can't really communicate well in empire chat bc I can't read half the things people say and if I say anything and I need to edit what I have typed, I have to back out of the whole message and retype the whole thing. You cannot edit your text so you better get it right the first time. Please fix these issues
                I miss tap-to-edit *so* much.

I worked around the emoji thing with root sorcery but I agree that it isn't ideal for everyone to have to do that.

Here's hoping there is a plan-of-attack in terms of sorting these UX issues soon.

Comment

• UE Addict
                  Lackey
                  • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Quaranj View Post
                  I miss tap-to-edit *so* much.

I worked around the emoji thing with root sorcery but I agree that it isn't ideal for everyone to have to do that.

Here's hoping there is a plan-of-attack in terms of sorting these UX issues soon.
                  You were able to get the emoji working by rooting your phone? I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Comment

• Quaranj
                    Boss
                    • May 2015

Originally posted by UE Addict View Post
                    You were able to get the emoji working by rooting your phone? I'm willing to try anything at this point.
                    It is a pretty daunting process to add the fonts to do this. I only did it because I *could*. The process of doing this would make many pull their hair out I think.

I really aught to see if someone could code an Xposed module to streamline the process for rooted devices.

If your device is getting Android 8 I would wait as there is a proposed system-level fix in there apparently.

Comment

Working...
                    X