Thread: Add A Final Check to EvE Battle Formula

Add A Final Check to EvE Battle Formula

In EvE i consistently have situans where i’ll deal 125 damage and receive around 85 damage but considered defeat.

Can you add to the battle formula a final check that labels a fight a Victory if Damage > Counter Damage.

IMO If I done more harm to the enemy than received, that’s a victory in my eyes.

How is this justified other than blaming amendable code? Can devs adding a few lines of code to end of battle formula. Doesn’t have to tweak Damage or stats, but it would allow “true victories” to earn the CC from a win rather than being shorted from Defear status.

Thank you for your consideration on this matter.

Godric
    DeNiro Family
    34571D

Signature by: MageFX

Re: Add A Final Check to EvE Battle Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    In EvE i consistently have situans where i’ll deal 125 damage and receive around 85 damage but considered defeat.

Can you add to the battle formula a final check that labels a fight a Victory if Damage > Counter Damage.

IMO If I done more harm to the enemy than received, that’s a victory in my eyes.

How is this justified other than blaming amendable code? Can devs adding a few lines of code to end of battle formula. Doesn’t have to tweak Damage or stats, but it would allow “true victories” to earn the CC from a win rather than being shorted from Defear status.

Thank you for your consideration on this matter.

Godric
    DeNiro Family
    34571D
    This trips up a lot of players.

The way I had it explained to me was like this.

The win/loss is based on the att/def of you and the target with a random roll of +/-5%.

If you come out on the bottom of that, you score a loss regardless of the bonuses to your loss damage (less done on loss than on win). This is why a Ghost can do a 2k+ hit on a loss. They lose, but power shot, precision and accuracy proc for max damage based upon your base win/lose damage dealt.

Funny, I know but it works. The argument is if it did the win/loss based upon damage procs, the hits would get insane and there would be no point of defenders really.

I bend a quote from office space when my Ghost loses for over 1k damage.

"I wouldn't say I was defeated, Bob!"

Re: Add A Final Check to EvE Battle Formula

in my opinion its fine as it is .
    if damage would determine the win then me as a reaper using preciseblade would win all the time and deal double the damage i do now , bcz i would bypass the 50% less damage from loss all the time , and if somehow the titan would still make my preciseblade hit deal less damage than counterdamage i would add poppy and get the win and do high amount of damage even if he has way more stats than me.
    i like how its seperated like that it makes it a bit balanced .
    thanks