• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meyer
    Lackey
    • Nov 2013

Re: Game update v5.00

Duke, can you also fix the Sidekicks display page to show the roles of the seated Sidekicks like the Lts page does? Not a big deal when you only have a few, but they all say "ASSIGN" at the bottom and many of them look similar. Would be nice to be able to see at a glance which snake, bear, bird, etc is actually seated without having to click on each one to check.

Comment

• Guy
      Brawler
      • Apr 2015

Anyone else having issues with boss sidekick “Gold bullets cost x2â€‌? Doesn’t seem to be working.

Comment

• GQuest
        Soldier
        • Jun 2015

More RNG frustrations, I have done 16 hunts and all commons and a few uncommons

Comment

• Metalstorm
          Brawler
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by GQuest View Post
          More RNG frustrations, I have done 16 hunts and all commons and a few uncommons
          I’ve been attempting to compile a spreadsheet to try to get some insight into the probability of obtaining sidekicks of a specific rarity. My dataset (73 hunts, 2 critical hunts) is still far too small to draw any meaningful conclusions but from what I have so far it appears the probability of getting either a common or uncommon (without any upgrades) is around 90%.

Based on what I have so far, from 16 hunts (assuming no critical hunts) you could expect 10.95 commons, 3.30 uncommons, 1.32 rares and 0.44 epics which puts you slightly behind the bell curve but not by much.

Comment

• GQuest
            Soldier
            • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Metalstorm View Post
            I’ve been attempting to compile a spreadsheet to try to get some insight into the probability of obtaining sidekicks of a specific rarity. My dataset (73 hunts, 2 critical hunts) is still far too small to draw any meaningful conclusions but from what I have so far it appears the probability of getting either a common or uncommon (without any upgrades) is around 90%.

Based on what I have so far, from 16 hunts (assuming no critical hunts) you could expect 10.95 commons, 3.30 uncommons, 1.32 rares and 0.44 epics which puts you slightly behind the bell curve but not by much.
            I did have one critical Hunt that I got uncommon. Just did 17th and got my fifth Prancer common (third in a row). Update-just did two more got another prancer fourth in a row and my second teddy. I have decided I am not spending any more FP on this BS. I will stick with free ones and keep collecting my commons...I am convinced the higher your level the worse RNG is, which begs the question Is it really RNG then? Hmm...Duke want to weigh in on this?
            Last edited by GQuest; 11-09-2017, 04:36 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

• Metalstorm
              Brawler
              • Nov 2013

If you have a circumstance where x result is expected to occur 90% of the time then you shouldn’t be all that surprised when that outcome occurs 95+% of the time with a small enough sample, that just means you are currently slightly less lucky than the average person.

I don’t think it’s reasonable to assume that the RNG is stacked against you just because it seems like you are currently having a bad run.

Statistics are complicated. Much more so than most people appreciate, but speaking as someone who is often very cynical of the devs motivations - and someone who hates making absolute statements in the absence of evidence - I can say with almost 100% certainty that the RNG does not get progressively worse as you level higher.

Comment

• GQuest
                Soldier
                • Jun 2015

I agree with the math. I don't agree with the odds they establish for us. As for my comment regarding g levels, I simply base that on observations over four years and comments of others, where it appears that lower level RNG seems much more generous than higher level RNG. I understand it could all be luck, but since this is a gambling game I could see how the R G could be tweaked to reward lower levels more to get them hooked on game. I think there is plenty of evidence to support this theory. FYI, 20th hunt, critical yielded my first rare beast.
                Last edited by GQuest; 11-09-2017, 05:44 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

• Dr death
                  Kingpin
                  • May 2013

I have done 78 in total so far. Here is my breakdown:

3 Epics
                  5 Rares
                  14 Uncommons
                  56 Commons

Now as far as supplies goes, they need to bump that up. About 20% is in the 0-5/6 range. At the level of supplies needed, that is going to take forever to upgrade to something decent.

Yesterday I spent the 2nd Tier FPs. I will not do that again since 2 out of 5 accounts have no Epics or rares. If the supplies and drops stay that bad, they will not get my 14 FPs (I paid to save).

My guess is in the next week or 2, there will be a heist event for supplies. If I can't do an upgrade at the earliest levels but 1 time every 3-4 days, then we are looking at months for the medium level ones and years at the high level ones. That is with the pay to play hunts. I fully get the delay for the free players.

Comment

• p@go
                    Brawler
                    • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Mobile Mob View Post
                    Thank you Duke
                    I think all what they ment is that u must login in the first week to get them

Comment

• p@go
                      Brawler
                      • Jun 2016

It is a cool feature, although I seem to have the need of even more loadouts now. But am I the only one asking why u didn’t choose weapons, gear and stuff for this new system? Would be better then having animals in the underworld theme.....

Comment

• GQuest
                        Soldier
                        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Dr death View Post
                        I have done 78 in total so far. Here is my breakdown:

3 Epics
                        5 Rares
                        14 Uncommons
                        56 Commons

Now as far as supplies goes, they need to bump that up. About 20% is in the 0-5/6 range. At the level of supplies needed, that is going to take forever to upgrade to something decent.

Yesterday I spent the 2nd Tier FPs. I will not do that again since 2 out of 5 accounts have no Epics or rares. If the supplies and drops stay that bad, they will not get my 14 FPs (I paid to save).

My guess is in the next week or 2, there will be a heist event for supplies. If I can't do an upgrade at the earliest levels but 1 time every 3-4 days, then we are looking at months for the medium level ones and years at the high level ones. That is with the pay to play hunts. I fully get the delay for the free players.
                        Dr. Do u mind sharing with me what levels got the Epics/Rares and if they were received on the critical hunt? Also, what levels did not get any epic. Thanks!

Comment

• Dr death
                          Kingpin
                          • May 2013

They were all in the random hunts. The 'criticals' all yielded uncommons. Some might have hit in paid section of the day.

My default is the EVE group, but I do not think that makes a bit of a difference.

I will have at least 4 criticals tomorrow and will share those results.
                          Last edited by Dr death; 11-09-2017, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• GQuest
                            Soldier
                            • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Dr death View Post
                            They were all in the random hunts. The 'criticals' all yielded uncommons. Some might have hit in paid section of the day.

My default is the EVE group, but I do not think that makes a bit of a difference.

I will have at least 4 criticals tomorrow and will share those results.
                            i am curious if ur lower level toons got all the epics or not

Comment

• TeRRaNN
                              Lackey
                              • Jul 2017

@ Cthulu : Damn you guys are fast

Comment

• Dr death
                                Kingpin
                                • May 2013

My main 2300+ got an epic and 3 Rares. The 1900+ (lower end) got an Epic and rare as did the 1300+. The 1900+ (upper end) and the 1300+ Super LSI have garbage.

Comment

Working...
                                X