Thread: "No Clone"

"No Clone"

Could all "No clone" LTs possibly have "no clone" changed to "cloning is half effective" or even changed to "cloning is one third effective" (except for Ace, obviously. Ace should stay a "no clone".

I don't own Vice, but I feel "no clone" is super unfair to people who have invested in starring up Vice, Viper, and even Envy. I know cloning is strong, but almost every new LT, and every new event epic LT is a "No clone". All I'm trying to say is if new LTs won't be allowed to be cloned at all, we may as well remove Vice, Viper, and Envy and give everyone who had them a refund since it's pretty clear the devs have decided to leave these LTs in the dust.

I think it's a much better solution to limit their effectiveness, rather than completely removing their interactions with all the new LTs.

Re: "No Clone"

Quote Originally Posted by Bungboy View Post
    Could all "No clone" LTs possibly have "no clone" changed to "cloning is half effective" or even changed to "cloning is one third effective" (except for Ace, obviously. Ace should stay a "no clone".

I don't own Vice, but I feel "no clone" is super unfair to people who have invested in starring up Vice, Viper, and even Envy. I know cloning is strong, but almost every new LT, and every new event epic LT is a "No clone". All I'm trying to say is if new LTs won't be allowed to be cloned at all, we may as well remove Vice, Viper, and Envy and give everyone who had them a refund since it's pretty clear the devs have decided to leave these LTs in the dust.

I think it's a much better solution to limit their effectiveness, rather than completely removing their interactions with all the new LTs.
    Some event lts have great powers and cloning those powers would be overpowered. We complain that the event lts should have great power. Then complain that they are overpowered, then complain that they can't be clone. There are still over 100 lts that can be clone. The ones that can't be clone, can't be clone for good reasons.

Yeah i agree with the guy above. I think the no clone is a way to make sure they can still introduce great powers but not have them break the game. Most of the lieutenants i use are no clone and i am ok with it. It makes sense because when they create the power they need it to look at how that power will affect the balance of the game and if you want the power to be good enough people want it and spend for it, then you might have to restrict it being cloned because then you would have to make it half as powerful (to account for cloning) which would probably make it undesirable.

When I suggest "cloning is one third effective" this means 6 star Envy who can normally clone 30% of an ability, would only clone 10% of an ability when seated with "reduced cloning" LTs. That's tiny. And a 6 star Vice who can normally clone 82%, would only clone 27.3% when seated with "reduced cloning" LTs. That's a noticeable number but it's very small for a 6 star event epic. And I'm leaning towards the "one third effectiveness" because I know I would need a very good reason to use up an LT seat to clone only 6.66% of an LT's power with a 6* Viper (it's normally 20%), 10% of an LT's power with a 6* Envy (it's normally 30%), or 27.3% with a 6* Lady Vice (it's normally 82%). I just want the people who want to use their Viper/Vice/Envy with new LTs to at least have the option to do it.

Think about what I'm saying. The devs do not have to make future LTs weaker to account for Viper/Vice/Envy. They shouldn't "restrict" cloning. They should just REDUCE cloning when used with certain LTs. Literally all they need to do when they release a new LT is think for a few minutes "Hmm would this ability be OP if cloned?" If yes, then reduce cloning effects to one third effectiveness, or it could possibly be even less than one third.
    Last edited by Bungboy; 11-07-2017 at 12:51 PM.

when it comes to " no clone " status in my opinion they messed up some things.
    there are some very powerful lts that i agree should be no clone but wildcard no clone? celia no clone ? while chopper frank can be clonned? weird .
    but whats done is done.
    what i suggest to be changed is the status " no clone" into "cannot be seated with lady vice" and allow us to clone with envy viper bcz their % of clone isnt overpowering in my eyes.
    so just bcz a 9* lady vice makes the cloning of a lt look overpowering doesnt mean that its the same with a 9* envy, devs should take it into consideration. thanks

I think it probably depends a lot on the individual LT and how itís skill is cloned. I like the idea of being able to clone some LTs with Envy and Viper but not Vice but I think a better way to approach that problem would be to introduce a maximum clone percentage. I.E. if the max clone percentage for an LT is 50% then even with a 9* Vice you would still only be able to clone a maximum of 50% of that LTs power.