Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Typical Rant Post

  1. #1

    Typical Rant Post

    Normally i wasn't one that quick to complain whether its about how bad the RNG in this game or how ridiculously handicapped some build compared to others.. But after playing for more than 4 years i found it hard to believe that some crazy bad RNG was never tweaked at all.. No, i'm not talking about rolling epics; getting 30 stam refills from scratcher etc..

    Its more of "grinding" aspect of this game that could reward you with close-to-nothing/almost useless things.. Ever think about how less en build that drops couple of refills at dice jobs to 90-100% getting cashed out? How people with less stam hitting healthy players with couple of refills then getting executions stealed/bugged because run out of health? Etc etc. i know this game was all about gambling and stuff but really?

    Basically i made this thread after wasting 10-13 en refills to get 5 attempts at westside dice jobs around 90-100% to get 3 cash out in a row and 2 Lotus. The lotus part i still can understand, but cashed out for 3 times? In short after spending some all this years i'm feeling Buyer's Remorse really strong lately.. why must you drove us all to specific builds that (you claimed) will be superior than others? It used to be not this extreme but lately i feel the gap was really extreme.

    TLDR; please give us middle grounds - if you're keeping this gameplan up you're basically will made the dying breed extinct.
    Last edited by tambunan; 11-03-2017 at 10:40 PM. Reason: I'm quite frustrated that i forgot to use how many refills its around that number or even more.

  2. #2
    Underboss Quaranj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pokťmon Empire
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: Typical Rant Post

    I read an old thread here once about certified RNGs. I don't think this one has ever been under the microscope of a 3rd party.

  3. #3

    Re: Typical Rant Post

    I learned my lesson and will never collect from a Dice job without going to 100%
    As far as I can remember, I never got a cash out on any Dice job when collecting at 100%
    Getting a cash out on a Dice job is the worst.
    It was worse than getting "better luck next time" on scratchers.
    I don't know if the RNG is "broken" or not but I have adjusted my game play accordingly.
    I spend very very little and I have accepted the fact that most of the Epic Lt's and Legendary Items are unobtainable for me.
    Believe me, I hate the bad drops as much as everybody else, I just have accepted it as part of the game.

  4. #4

    Re: Typical Rant Post

    I know *sigh* the chances of getting anything, even if you're paying are bad in this game. Its casino, what do you expect? my grief was these so-called-RNG should revisited at some point.

    And i gonna try to find those thread, i need to assure my restless soul lol

  5. #5

    Re: Typical Rant Post

    i've seen alot of cashouts on westside job lately on all my accounts lately at 95 percent, so myself to have adjusted my gameplay to get them to 100 percent now, but seems you then get screwed with a recombinator instead, you just cant win, theres lots of little niggles I have with rng in this game, its like its got some code in it thats designed to know what the player is trying to achieve and will deliberately put in the brakes to make the player try and grind more, what about when you need say 600 xp to level up, guarantee it will give out 1 multiplier on the stamina so you are short or less than a 100 xp needed to level and you want a 320 hit and you dont get it are good examples unless you have loads of stamina on hand which you dont want to waste, scratchers give out money alot more or if not money it will give out shop achievement items, but the kick in the teeth is it will usually be the ones you have already got the achievement for, the list is endless on this lol.

  6. #6

    Re: Typical Rant Post

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_teflon View Post
    i've seen alot of cashouts on westside job lately on all my accounts lately at 95 percent, so myself to have adjusted my gameplay to get them to 100 percent now, but seems you then get screwed with a recombinator instead, you just cant win, theres lots of little niggles I have with rng in this game, its like its got some code in it thats designed to know what the player is trying to achieve and will deliberately put in the brakes to make the player try and grind more, what about when you need say 600 xp to level up, guarantee it will give out 1 multiplier on the stamina so you are short or less than a 100 xp needed to level and you want a 320 hit and you dont get it are good examples unless you have loads of stamina on hand which you dont want to waste, scratchers give out money alot more or if not money it will give out shop achievement items, but the kick in the teeth is it will usually be the ones you have already got the achievement for, the list is endless on this lol.
    This. Lol this these things even made me paranoid that the game deliberately monitoring our recent behaviour and stopping us to pursue those things whether free or paid. I'm struggling hard to keep myself objective, i've said to myself that i probably just havin straw of bad luck but its becaming harder and harder at times.

  7. #7

    Re: Typical Rant Post

    From another post that was on this subject. Opinion is still the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xcali1985 View Post
    Exactly, the it may piss some people off excuse doesnít work for me. Never has. Look itís broken so your saying donít fix it because so many people spent money on a broken system.

    That makes no sense. The odds on the scratchers are a lie, itís probably not intentional, but lots of people have tested this and itís a lie. Refills are the best way to test it and the returns just arenít there.

    Itís no different than me seeing Hotwire proc 3 Times in an 80 hit run or 4-5 deflects. Something in the coding is broken.

    I personally feel at times the server loads seem to get loaded and the cache gets jammed up and it returns the same result over and over.

    There needs to be a clear server cache command ran before any RNG command is executed.

    While Iím ranting Iíll also say something about the crates, this has nothing to do with the RNG but the odds of obtaining a SPECIFIC LT needs to be stated under each LT. I know for a face that when you roll a common you have a higher chance of rolling a certain common than others.

    There is a reason I have 1-2 commons almost 6* and the rest in the crate are 2-3*. You can literally look at the crate and guess between 2-3 LTs which one your going to get and be 60+% right.

    Please please please I beg of you, take a look at the coding. Duke stated in the past that they had to rewrite some codes because they werenít working as intended and it was a mess.

    Well the RNG has been a mess from the beginning and I ask that someone take the time to make sure he engine that drives the game is functioning as intended, because some of these results we are seeing have lower odds of happening than hitting the lottery.

  8. #8
    Brawler
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    215

    Re: Typical Rant Post

    Don't forget about Phoenix Resurrection boss.
    Apache: gun has absolutely NOTHING to do with Copperhead killer parts and that seem to be the only "part" that drops !!!

    Apache: gun 99% drop rate
    Third Eye 1% drop rate
    Hellseeker Helmet 1% drop rate
    The Calculator 1% drop rate
    Mob Bop 1% drop rate

    It should be the other way around:
    Apache: gun 1% drop rate
    Third Eye 99% drop rate
    Hellseeker Helmet 99% drop rate
    The Calculator 99% drop rate
    Mob Bop 99% drop rate


    Sara pieces are fixed. Thank you UWE_DUKE but everything else is messed up.
    EDIT: Imagine copperhead killer parts drop as much as Apache: gun part.
    Nobody will complain.
    Oh No not another Copperhead killer part instead of Oh No not another Apache: gun part.
    Last edited by Mobile Mob; 11-08-2017 at 08:27 PM. Reason: edit

  9. #9

    Re: Typical Rant Post

    you know something thats really odd on phoenix resurrection boss, I have 4 accounts, and the parts for the copperhead dropped fairly quickly on it and the item was made, ok it took several summons but it was kinda reasonable time frame, my main account and the other 3 minis have yet to get even one part for the copperhead, but have loads of chopper guns exclusively, they really need to remove that item as you dont even fight a chopper.

  10. #10

    Re: Typical Rant Post

    Thats actually good reasoning Xcali, before executing any attempts at RNG the server should be cleared of cache so every kndividual attempts at rolling dice should be guaranteed a fresh one.

    Idk if that affects my seemingly endless bad luck in this (god forbid i'll not swearing lol) game, but at the very least would assure me a little, knowing all gamble are started on new table.

    Bit off topic:
    Ever try scratching 100$ worth of scratcher on newer toons and older toons? Seems like the newer toons are getting the upper hand. (Probably biased but at this point idc anymore lol)

  11. #11

    Re: Typical Rant Post

    Quote Originally Posted by tambunan View Post
    Bit off topic:
    Ever try scratching 100$ worth of scratcher on newer toons and older toons? Seems like the newer toons are getting the upper hand. (Probably biased but at this point idc anymore lol)
    Tempted to try it just to verify my suspicions so I can finally put the nail in the coffin for this game.

    Would be roughly 160 scratcher I think.

  12. #12

    Re: Typical Rant Post

    Been playing for a few years. Rng has been strange since beginning.

    I have a few accounts. 3 of them are old. One of them I call my lucky acc. It is also the acc that I have spent less on and the one I have attended less. But the luck has come to an end now.

    My 2 well visited acc cant get anything that goes with their build. Only the opposite.

    My baby minis, here I tried to check on crate rolls early on. And rng is better for new toons. But only for a little while. If its for the acc to catch up or to get players on the hook, I dont know, maybe both.

    The over flow, or if close to lv up. That is a Gaea change, didnt use to be so consitant as now. Its def a code. Before if u tapped too fast u could hold your breath and get lucky. But not now. U will Always draw the short stick.

    About rng. Rng is something a computerized game cant do. Not true rng, because it uses an algorithm. It And an algorithm is programmed by people.

    This rng algorithm should be designed by a third part. No idea if it was. Maybe it was. But that doesnt change the fact that u get the opposite of your build. For me that isent rng. I agree with person above who suggested that each lt in crate should have the % for every specific lt clearly written down.

    I also think when it comes to xp, on the note of lveling up, it is not rng at all.

    I dont buy scratchers, never have, so cant give any feedback there.


    I dont know if its ok to call it rng when its not, not in the way thats very easy for players to asume.

    It is 5% chance to get an epic from crates, but the chance to get the epic that would suit your build might only be 0.05 of those 5%.

    Maybe it is completely by the book. But it still doesnt make it right.

    All we can do is to inform new players that their initial "good luck" will change.

    And that getting epics from heists or events prob will be cheaper in the long run.
    Last edited by Ramaria2; 11-06-2017 at 08:28 PM.

  13. #13

    Re: Typical Rant Post

    So to summarize, i sees post that one acc could very well got very lucky (winning 2 LT scratcher grand prize) good to him, even if it made me super jelly at some point, but it just showed that some acc could very well blessed by the luck of UE gods.

    I don't want to slam at devs that this was somehow intended to bashing on them no. I just ranting, and in process could be as well plea for this RNG thing to be revisited or checked if there was something wrong with it. The all abovementioned complaints mostly came when spamming something, whether it was bosses; scratchers; dice jobs; and crates so probably the best way to start is to check the spam method of the so called RNG. (Excluding exp lol i dunno about that one)

  14. #14

    Re: Typical Rant Post

    in my opinion rng is just rng it sucks but that is it .
    i think the problem lies at the "hiden percetanges" is what i like to call them.
    that is the different percentages that epic lts have in the epic crate roll.
    for example , if there are 10 epic lts (6 normal crate epic lts -4 event epic lts) in an epic crate roll u would think u have 10% chance getting the event epic lt but u dont , its like 15% for each of 6 normal crate epic lts (90%) and the 10% is split between 4 event epic lts which makes it 2.5% chance getting any of the 4 event lts.
    do u think the way of coding for the underworld legend boss phone items drop (80% to drop one of them item and 20% dropping one of the 4 others) was used on this game for the first time ?
    i dont think so , i think this way was used on most of the boss drops and tech lab items like the copperhead killer gun , 3 out 4 items have 10% chance to drop while the last one has like 1% .

  15. #15

    Re: Typical Rant Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper9292 View Post
    in my opinion rng is just rng it sucks but that is it .
    i think the problem lies at the "hiden percetanges" is what i like to call them.
    that is the different percentages that epic lts have in the epic crate roll.
    for example , if there are 10 epic lts (6 normal crate epic lts -4 event epic lts) in an epic crate roll u would think u have 10% chance getting the event epic lt but u dont , its like 15% for each of 6 normal crate epic lts (90%) and the 10% is split between 4 event epic lts which makes it 2.5% chance getting any of the 4 event lts.
    do u think the way of coding for the underworld legend boss phone items drop (80% to drop one of them item and 20% dropping one of the 4 others) was used on this game for the first time ?
    i dont think so , i think this way was used on most of the boss drops and tech lab items like the copperhead killer gun , 3 out 4 items have 10% chance to drop while the last one has like 1% .
    Normal RNG sure, but people have done the tests and the results just arenít showing up to match stated percentages and chances.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •