Thread: [Idea] [New Content] Ways to obtain Event Legendaries

[Idea] [New Content] Ways to obtain Event Legendaries

I wanted to propose a new way for us to obtain event LT legendaries weapons/armors/vehicles that we have missed out on.
    The idea is to give the player base a way to improve their inner circles/LT's to the max. Many long time players are reaching their character maxes, but are missing the final pieces. Many people have obtained those special Event LTs but simply have no way to obtain the items.
    It will be both for big and small spenders to be able to obtain.

The idea/creation can be changed to fit into UE's world but this is my simple idea. Everything can be modified as per how the Dev's think it would work best.

Every day you login you receive a LT token. After 365 days/tokens. You are able to purchase with the tokens/fp 1 of the legendaries you are missing.
    I believe this should be for all players. So I think 365 tokens and 1 VIP is a fair amount of money for 1 of the Legendaries of your choice.

It's hard to say whether 1 year is correct or not. 1 Event Legendary a year is even slow in the grand scheme of things the game has been out for almost 5 years and we have so so many Lt's/Legendaries.

We could add token drops to scratchers instead of the 25,000 reward. You get 1 token, 5 tokens, ect. It would be a small way to make it a bit quicker while promoting purchasing of fp.

Why 1 year? Legendaries from bosses are supposed to be rare.
    My main has had 1 full legendary drop in 4 years of play. I have created 3 others through boss/tech lab.
    My mini has had 3 full legendaries drop in 3 years of play.

As you can see there is massive rng and I'm obtaining about 1 legendary a year.

The reintroduction of old Event LT's have already been placed in the game. Example: Reaper, Midas, Exterminator, Scythe.
    All of Reaper's items were re obtainable and a new one was added. (I think tons of people were happy/overjoyed to see this) There needs to be a way for the rest of the people to get his Rifle they missed out on.
    Midas's The One belt wasn't re obtainable.
    Scythe's Head Hunter Blade and Face of Death wasn't re obtainable.
    Exterminator's weapon can be obtained from a boss fight.

In any game the objective for many people is to maximize your character to the fullest. Become the Strongest!
    I want to use Freeman as an example hopefully he doesn't mind me using him.
    He has obtained tons and tons of gear/Legendaries for his LT's yet he is missing Alpha's Dragster MC Vest, Scythe's Head Hunter Blade & Face of Death, Spectre's Hazmat Suit & Vac Van, Chopper's The one-percenter's headgear. He may be missing more, but that is 6 items he is missing to complete his character. Maximize it, Make it as strong as possible.
    You can tell he plays a ton and he has almost all or even all of the very difficult to create legendaries from the tech lab.
    There is still the problem where it will take him 6 years even with this new system to obtain those legendaries. (System perhaps needs tweaking)
    At least he would have a chance at them with this system instead of not having a chance at all.

I guess the question is why haven't we made a way for the players to maximize their characters to the fullest yet?
    I don't believe this should be only for the high spenders it needs to be able to include everyone.
    I'd also like to see when Event LT's are reintroduced there are ways to obtain all their items. (Mini Games or Some fun way)

Thanks,

Rokub

Re: [Idea] [New Content] Ways to obtain Event Legendaries

I like the idea but think it should be a bit cheaper and take less time to get a legendary given that most weapons / gear / vehicles don't have a big impact to gameplay. They are mostly vanity items to be displayed in the profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdwstrnkid View Post
    I like the idea but think it should be a bit cheaper and take less time to get a legendary given that most weapons / gear / vehicles don't have a big impact to gameplay. They are mostly vanity items to be displayed in the profile.

Concerning price and time that obviously can be changed/tweaked.
    As per vanity items in your profile it is only true to some extent.
    Many people are missing that extra 10% attack or 10 % defense to a LT in their inner circle that they simply don't have access to obtain it. Every little bit counts when you are mix/maxing your character.

Me as an example: I use Reaper in my inner circle but I don't have The Death's Toll for that extra 7% crit dmg.
    7% Crit dmg isn't make or break, but I'd love to have it knowing I use the LT all the time.
    My character was simply not strong enough to obtain it. I spent $300 to get reaper for that event in particular and didn't get the skin or the legendary weapon.
    Everyone's story on whether they did or didn't get A or B will be different and you can't do much about previous MMB's where item drops were total RNG and a large amount of the population is missing legendaries from the beginning MMB's.

There were also plenty of reports about Salvatore's MMB only dropping WhipLash's legendaries so the majority missed out on Salvatore's all together. (This was reported I don't have 100% proof) It could have been a 'feature' where only past MMB items were dropping which makes only half sense since Salvatore was the main LT of the event.
    Last edited by Rokub; 11-03-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokub View Post
    Concerning price and time that obviously can be changed/tweaked.
    As per vanity items in your profile it is only true to some extent.
    Many people are missing that extra 10% attack or 10 % defense to a LT in their inner circle that they simply don't have access to obtain it. Every little bit counts when you are mix/maxing your character.

Me as an example: I use Reaper in my inner circle but I don't have The Death's Toll for that extra 7% crit dmg.
    7% Crit dmg isn't make or break, but I'd love to have it knowing I use the LT all the time.
    My character was simply not strong enough to obtain it. I spent $300 to get reaper for that event in particular and didn't get the skin or the legendary weapon.
    Everyone's story on whether they did or didn't get A or B will be different and you can't do much about previous MMB's where item drops were total RNG and a large amount of the population is missing legendaries from the beginning MMB's.

There were also plenty of reports about Salvatore's MMB only dropping WhipLash's legendaries so the majority missed out on Salvatore's all together. (This was reported I don't have 100% proof) It could have been a 'feature' where only past MMB items were dropping which makes only half sense since Salvatore was the main LT of the event.
    7% crit damage is actually a huge deal but I highly doubt they'll ever make that item available again. People paid good money to get into the top 300 of battle royals just for that reward. While I agree that stats like 5-10% attack/defense can make a difference that matters, legendary items are also trophies to show that you reached a top rank in a certain event.

I think they need to just increase the number of people who receive legendary items from events. These items are usually only given to the top 75 which is ridiculous since 1000 people are getting the event LT. I'd like to see the legendary items be given to at least the top 300 or top 600 in the future.