• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quaranj
    Boss
    • May 2015

5th Anniversary Speculation thread

It's nearly here - This month marks the anniversary of the beta and launch anniversary is in January.

My prediction -
    Some of the things that we got teasers about here will be baked into an app update.

What do you think we'll see this year?
  • Shifty
    Brawler
    • Jun 2015

Re: 5th Anniversary Speculation thread

I’m hoping for something to liven up weekend wars, perhaps a random grid power.

Comment

• Mobile Mob
      Lieutenant
      • May 2016

If I understand you correctly if I hear the word anniversary I think of an Epic lieutenant we can buy between 155-175 FP aka Skull King.
      If you log into the weekend they usually give a free Lt. like Nautica, or crate roll and 10 scratchers.
      Gold Digger is an epic maybe we can all buy her as part of anniversary promo?

EDIT: My biggest headache is obtaining tech lab ingredients and contracts !!!
      BSI players have the same problem, they don't have energy/stamina so they can't do Legendary bosses.
      Unless they do 50,000 damage per 80 stamina hits and not 900 like me
      Last edited by Mobile Mob; 11-02-2017, 08:22 AM. Reason: edit

Comment

• Cthulu
        Retired Game Guru
        • Dec 2014

Normally I would second Mobile Mob's prediction except Gaea didn't have time to properly do the anniversary last year and it's the 5 year which is crazy to think about.

p.s. the 5-year anniversary is the wood anniversary but I'm not sure how that would work in-game
        Last edited by Cthulu; 11-02-2017, 09:09 PM. Reason: Or silverware for the modern version, lol
        Come join us
        on the official
        Underworld Empire Discord Server
        https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

• DragonTail
          Goon
          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Cthulu View Post
          p.s. the 5-year anniversary is the wood anniversary but I'm not sure how that would work in-game
          yay - free baseball bat!

Comment

• Guy
            Brawler
            • Apr 2015

I predict a Hunting Range with sidekicks adding new powers to our inner circle. 😏

Comment

• Kilolbs
              Brawler
              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Guy View Post
              I predict a Hunting Range with sidekicks adding new powers to our inner circle. 😏
              Is that a prediction or did you look at help topics in game

Comment

• Dr death
                Kingpin
                • May 2013

He saw the game help section...but now that it is out there....

Comment

• Quaranj
                  Boss
                  • May 2015

Originally posted by Kilolbs View Post
                  Is that a prediction or did you look at help topics in game
                  I think this will happen next app update like chempacks did.

Anyone got the exact anniversary dates for the beta and the world release handy? Pretty sure beta was November and World launch was January - I want to say 13th. I wasn't here yet. Droid came significantly later.

Comment

• Jaybird
                    Goon
                    • Jul 2014

5th Anniversary! Should be able t get an epic for $10-$20 imo. Reward game and players. 👌🏻 What would really be cool would be an anniversary epic crate roll of previous event lts. vs. just buying a designated epic for the offer.
                    Last edited by Jaybird; 11-04-2017, 12:00 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Quaranj
                      Boss
                      • May 2015

Originally posted by Jaybird View Post
                      5th Anniversary! Should be able t get an epic for $10-$20 imo. Reward game and players. 👌🏻 What would really be cool would be an anniversary epic crate roll of previous event lts. vs. just buying a designated epic for the offer.
                      That would be nice!

Another game I play really went all out on their last one... so many freebies that were crazy just for logging in every day for the month of it. To compare it to anything seen here in the past would be like apples and oranges. To keep up to that they'd have to drop you 100FP plus a one time of 10 crates for 30FP of that on day one and give out 25 fp per day and either refills or crates for the duration. Think a "Super Sara's Favor" for all players plus promo deals and you're in the ballpark of that. If it had an EvE clone, we'd already be there.

Do I think they could do it here?

Yes...in fact we might be able to get some retired to come play at least until the loot novelty wore off. A line in the water is better than no hook at all imo.

That said, Kabam had a history of underwhelming the player-base hard. As it has been noted, Gaea was just handed the lot prior to the last anniversary and likely just went with whatever existing idea that Kabam had. We can always hope that the ringing sounds of laughter over the customer apprieciation LT offer resonated somewhere.

I'm not sure who minds the purse strings there, but even in terms of downtime or app issues, every other game throws the works at you to keep you interested. A bunch of legit appreciation swag isn't going to stop people from spending money here when it suits them, it'd just make the people who still play feel warm and fuzzy. That's a good thing.

Regardless of whether we're delightfully surprised or horribly disappointed, some of us will continue to play and some will move to other games. Ultimately I hope to see the bugs that have plagued the android port in terms of stability since the chempack update squashed once and for all. We've been on a crippled app for a while now and the reviews from new players who never knew a stable version are down due to the random crashes.

So...based upon this, what do you all think? Without name dropping the game(s) what have you seen in other arenas that you would hope for here? Shoot for the moon! Were the apprieciation gifts amazing? Did they do double xp events? Did the sales promos make you go into debt? Etc...

Comment

• DFish
                        Brawler
                        • Mar 2015

You get a Lotus, you get a Lotus, everyone gets a Lotus.

Comment

Working...
                        X