• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damatt04
    Lackey
    • Sep 2016

Roll over stam and energy during events

During events allow players to roll over unused energy and stamina during leveling. Cap the roll over to 2000e / 1000s. Its awful waiting for resources to replenish enough energy and stamina to level when 500xp is needed. Also bogus that to compete in an event for rank players are forced to waste refills or fp on refills to level in this type of scenario when on an event time limit.
  • Bungboy
    Hitman
    • Aug 2013

Re: Roll over stam and energy during events

I think a large portion of the skill and effort needed to play this game comes from knowing how to minimize the amount of energy and stamina you waste when you're refilling. To minimize the amount of xp you lose from overflowing, you must choose jobs that give higher or lower xp or swap Baron or Duke in and out as needed and occasionally use silver bullets to help level up if you're really close. If you always end up 500 xp short of leveling, what you should do during events is spend your energy on jobs with the lowest possible return rates and unseat Penelope so that when you refill with an energy refill you can use much more of your energy.

This does take some extra effort but it greatly rewards people who are willing to try harder. If all the skill got the removed from this game, it would just be completely pay to win and mindless tapping, mindless refilling. Events are already pay to win as is but it does take some level of skill and effort to minimize the potential amount of energy and stamina you waste when refilling. So, I'd rather they not remove one of the few things that takes effort.
    Last edited by Bungboy; 10-29-2017, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• Bungboy
      Hitman
      • Aug 2013

What I would like to see though is partial refills in some form. I'm not sure how they could add these in a balanced way but it would be nice to have an option to refill 50% of energy/stamina bar rather than always refilling 100%.
      Last edited by Bungboy; 10-29-2017, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• Mobile Mob
        Lieutenant
        • May 2016

Originally posted by Bungboy View Post
        What I would like to see though is partial refills in some form. I'm not sure how they could add these in a balanced way but it would be nice to have an option to refill 50% of energy/stamina bar rather than always refilling 100%.
        Partial refills is the way to go. 25% and 50% refills. I don't think the developers will introduce roll over stamina and energy. That is why they nerved Penelope during an event without warning last year because someone found a way to infinite level up without using FP or refills.
        If they introduce roll over energy and stamina the same thing will happen.
        Last edited by Mobile Mob; 10-30-2017, 06:07 AM. Reason: Delete off topic

Comment

• Quaranj
          Boss
          • May 2015

I have to agree with Bungboy here.

This is why I have kept quiet when players protest the negative XP returns on certain jobs in the past. There is a strategy to utilizing those when necessary to not waste energy (at least to minimize the impact.)

There are 2 types of player, 1 who will try to strategically level their XP gains out to maximize the efficiency of their refills and those who will refill at a very minimal amount left to leveling for varying reasons. Neither is wrong, but the 1st one is most certainly cheaper in the long run. Arguably this game makes its bread-and-butter on those who full refill with only small portions used. I do not see them realistically cutting off a slice of their income this way. It does them no good, where as say crate, scratcher, or fp discounts would create larger volume sales. (Instead of 3 players $100, 1000 players $5 sort-of-thing).

The partial refills would be a nice touch. I mean most games these days do everything in their power to keep you from putting them down. Missions offer the equivalent of FP, and when you run out of moves they offer you more moves in exchange for the rewards you have already received. Here you can run out of FP fast regardless of your strategy, can be out of refills and aside from spending real money, you are forced to put the game down and await recharges.

I suspect if you could spend a percentage of the 10 FP to partial refill to your level. (Popup asking "Add energy to complete your level for 1-9 FP?") there might be more who power level beyond lvl 200 for hours at a time. Players could still use their inventory refills if they were out of FP this way and it might not destroy the game income in-play.

Comment

• alexian
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Quaranj View Post
            This is why I have kept quiet when players protest the negative XP returns on certain jobs in the past. There is a strategy to utilizing those when necessary to not waste energy (at least to minimize the impact.)
            I disagree here. Lets say you have 1800 xp to level. Now you can search for that negative xp return job and level up exactly. Or you use a "positive xp return" job and you remain with some extra energy that you can use with Baron or Fixer on a challenge job.
            Both situations cost the same, 10 fp for 1 energy refill, but the former gives you the impression that you maximized them, while the latter gives you a reward (additional xp for the next level). I would prefer the latter.

But about the original thread, I also agree with Bungboy.
            48BE8B

Comment

• Irish
              Brawler
              • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Bungboy View Post
              I think a large portion of the skill and effort needed to play this game comes from knowing how to minimize the amount of energy and stamina you waste when you're refilling. To minimize the amount of xp you lose from overflowing, you must choose jobs that give higher or lower xp or swap Baron or Duke in and out as needed and occasionally use silver bullets to help level up if you're really close. If you always end up 500 xp short of leveling, what you should do during events is spend your energy on jobs with the lowest possible return rates and unseat Penelope so that when you refill with an energy refill you can use much more of your energy.

This does take some extra effort but it greatly rewards people who are willing to try harder. If all the skill got the removed from this game, it would just be completely pay to win and mindless tapping, mindless refilling. Events are already pay to win as is but it does take some level of skill and effort to minimize the potential amount of energy and stamina you waste when refilling. So, I'd rather they not remove one of the few things that takes effort.
              Originally posted by Quaranj View Post
              I have to agree with Bungboy here.

There are 2 types of player, 1 who will try to strategically level their XP gains out to maximize the efficiency of their refills and those who will refill at a very minimal amount left to leveling for varying reasons. Neither is wrong, but the 1st one is most certainly cheaper in the long run. Arguably this game makes its bread-and-butter on those who full refill with only small portions used. I do not see them realistically cutting off a slice of their income this way. It does them no good, where as say crate, scratcher, or fp discounts would create larger volume sales. (Instead of 3 players $100, 1000 players $5 sort-of-thing).

The partial refills would be a nice touch. I mean most games these days do everything in their power to keep you from putting them down. Missions offer the equivalent of FP, and when you run out of moves they offer you more moves in exchange for the rewards you have already received. Here you can run out of FP fast regardless of your strategy, can be out of refills and aside from spending real money, you are forced to put the game down and await recharges.

I suspect if you could spend a percentage of the 10 FP to partial refill to your level. (Popup asking "Add energy to complete your level for 1-9 FP?") there might be more who power level beyond lvl 200 for hours at a time. Players could still use their inventory refills if they were out of FP this way and it might not destroy the game income in-play.
              These guys are exactly right. There are a few ways to play this game "better" than others and this is one of them. I used around 100 refills on this last event and only wasted stamina or energy twice. You need to learn how to bridge levelling gaps properly by choosing the right jobs at the correct times. Having mastermind, fixer, poppy, baron and duke at your disposal is extremely helpful. I only have duke on one account but i have poppy on all 5 as she is the most useful otherwise and always obtainable as she is a blackmarket lieutenant. Stamina doubling is more effective in my opinion because they raise the max hits on bosses jobs remain the same.

Comment

• Mobile Mob
                Lieutenant
                • May 2016

Originally posted by Irish View Post
                These guys are exactly right. There are a few ways to play this game "better" than others and this is one of them. I used around 100 refills on this last event and only wasted stamina or energy twice. You need to learn how to bridge levelling gaps properly by choosing the right jobs at the correct times. Having mastermind, fixer, poppy, baron and duke at your disposal is extremely helpful. I only have duke on one account but i have poppy on all 5 as she is the most useful otherwise and always obtainable as she is a blackmarket lieutenant. Stamina doubling is more effective in my opinion because they raise the max hits on bosses jobs remain the same.
                Why don't the veteran players put there heads together and make a leveling guide.
                Then the whole community can benefit.
                When I spend FP on event I do Street Fighter dice job at least I get a lieutenant or recombinator for my 10 Favor points spend.
                9* Colt
                9* John
                8* Pain

Comment

• Xcali1985
                  Head Boss
                  • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Mobile Mob View Post
                  Why don't the veteran players put there heads together and make a leveling guide.
                  When I spend FP on event I do Street Fighter dice job at least I get a lieutenant or recombinator for my 10 Favor points spend.
                  9* Colt
                  9* John
                  8* Pain
                  No one wants to expose their strategy to someone else. That would just raise the cost of events for themselves.

Best advice is to get LTs that bundle hits. Everything else I use is trade secret. If you get into a good empire they may let you in on a few tips, but it would be counterproductive to teach others how to beat you.

Comment

• Quaranj
                    Boss
                    • May 2015

Originally posted by Mobile Mob View Post
                    9* Colt
                    9* John
                    8* Pain
                    You know, I've thought about it... if anyone is guilty of leaking their strategies, it's me. I justify it by knowing that better opponents provide better challenges. Beating up someone in EvE or PvP isn't very fun when they obviously don't know what they're doing. I see horrible EvE strategy mistakes every day. If the bigger players employ my tactics, that's great... most of them won't bother with me anyway...and if they're used against us in EvE, it wither makes it a closer match or toon-size differences make it a stomping.

Originally I wanted to do a beginner's guide to help people over what tripped me up most when starting.

Unfortunately I think I'd need to borrow a free dev for a couple of days to go back and forth making sure that certain assumptions were solid so not to create a post of disinformation.

They're a busy bunch though.

Comment

• Irish
                      Brawler
                      • Apr 2016

Yeah the exposing strategy thing is true and your right about people making blunders in EvE. We beat stronger teams all the time due to our teamwork and strategy. There are alot of things this game doesn't tell you and eventually you find some stuff out and your just tripping out wondering how you never knew. I think i played for over a year before i knew that you could lose tokens. Thats why when duke was answering peoples questions in that section of the forum about things people always wondered about everyone was lovin it because it was the first time peoples info was actually being confirmed by a reliable source.
                      All that being said and back to the original post i made some suggestions in the content suggestion section of the forum for things that could help with xp and bridging leveling gaps. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Comment

Working...
                      X