Thread: Ace Nerfed

Ace Nerfed

For those that don’t know, Ace’s ability has changed from applying directly to the defenders health to applying to armor first. Developers went back into the original thread and have updated the ability.

http://underworldempireforums.com//s...highlight=hole

My first issue with this change is that it was done without an announcement. This is a bad business practice and causes mistrust within your player base. There are plenty of examples in the gaming world that are comparable with UE in which a new game mechanic is discovered to be OP after its release. Errata’s are issued officially to re-balance game play. Players may not like the change, but at least they are given a chance to make their voice heard before the change is made.

Secondly, a character in UE is irreversible. Making changes to abilities like this should not be taken lightly as players have made serious financial “investments” into building their character. The money spent on these lieutenants cannot be undone by simply swapping out a different lt when an existing one has been changed. Even the smallest change to the way a game mechanic can throw off a players build.

I don’t want to criticize without offering a solution. Why not create a market in the game where players can swap their lts for favor points? To give an example, you have made a change to Ace. I don’t like this change but I have already invested in making a 5* Ace lt. I go to the market and swap my 5* Ace for a 1* Ace as well as an amount of favor points. I won’t make a guess as to what amount of favor points would make this transaction favorable to the player or the developers, but I would imagine there is a number that exists that would satisfy both parties involved.

This market would be a permanent feature in the game where players could sell or swap any lt they own. This solves many issues that I’ve seen posted in the forums and discussed in chat rooms. Another example is when players have “accidentally” made multiple 9* commons. Players would be able to sell these multiples for favor points.

I do hope you consider this feature as well as making announcements before making any future game changes that impact your player base negatively.

Edit:
    I would also like to point out that as if this posting, Aces description is wrong and misleading. This is more than likely to lead to more displeased players.
    Last edited by Guy; 10-25-2017 at 01:02 AM.

Re: Ace Nerfed

That is an interesting alternative to the "defusionizer" request.
    Second, yes, an anouncement in case of changing game mechanics is welcomed and would be very nicely received by the community.

As per nerfing her, I am not that sure, the last edit was in 20 June. And if you read other posts through the thread you will see that Ace will not ignore tatget's armor, only your armor.

Eg:
    3. Do you lose first armor and afterwards health? (Personal opinion: yes, but most likely she will work as Spectre).
    Duke: No, you will lose hp directly. but target lose armor at first.

I can confirm her ability has changed as witnessed first hand in EVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I can confirm her ability has changed as witnessed first hand in EVE.
    As of when do you figure?

Yesterday’s eve at 4 o’clock CST

We NEVER make a single change on Ace.
    Ace won't ignore target's armor at the beginning. Please check tips no.6 on the original thread.

Thanks.

Last edited by UWE_Duke; 06-20-2017 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Update Power.

Guy, please check your own post's link again. I see you accused dev updating the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by socool View Post
    Last edited by UWE_Duke; 06-20-2017 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Update Power.

Guy, please check your own post's link again. I see you accused dev updating the thread.
    Ace never got nerfed. She originally didn't work on bosses and many of us didn't want another "EvE only" LT so halfway through the event they updated her power to make it work on bosses. That's it.

Why does her description say “to remove targets health”? Many people, including myself believed this was hitting below armor. I hadn’t noticed until a few days ago that it wasn’t. If the ability doesn’t match the description, that’s an issue.

Also, if you’re going to require people to read the forums to get the correct ability of an lt, please provide a link in each lts description to a post.

This should be done for each lt if this is going to be the standard.

Also, if you’re going to require people to read the forums to get the correct ability of an lt, please provide a link in each lts description to a post.

This should be done for each lt if this is going to be the standard.
    They had the link to the post when they announced the event LT. She's been out for couple of months and you still can't test that ? Lol.

Language barrier can be a problem. If you feel like the dev needs to reword it, let them know, not accuse the ability doesn't work as advertised. The change in LT after It has been out only hurts their pocket and risk for player's claim for refund. I am sure they would not change it.

I agree with you one thing, better wording for Ace. it should have been " inflict the sacrificed health (level ratio, max at 1:1) as true damage , instead of remove health " .

Hard to test when the Ace damage wasn’t in the log. Additionally, there werent any circumstances where I had hit previously and didn’t see a change in health. It wasn’t until recently when the defender had used Rally before I began hitting with Ace that I was able to notice. Finally, you agree with me that the wording is a problem so why do you feel the need to make personal attacks?

Hard to test when the Ace damage wasn’t in the log. Additionally, there werent any circumstances where I had hit previously and didn’t see a change in health. It wasn’t until recently when the defender had used Rally before I began hitting with Ace that I was able to notice. Finally, you agree with me that the wording is a problem so why do you feel the need to make personal attacks?
    You started the thread with intention to flame the dev for something they do not do , with no evidence , I do not attack but rather show you that there has been no change on the LT.

Quote Originally Posted by socool View Post
    You started the thread with intention to flame the dev for something they do not do , with no evidence , I do not attack but rather show you that there has been no change on the LT.
    Do you have Ace?

When I made this post originally, I believed that Ace’s ability had been changed. If UWE_Duke says that she wasn’t changed, then I believe him. My intention was never to “flame”, whatever that means, but to express how important communication and stability are to the player base. While I made accusations, I did not address the situation in a derogatory manner.

Do you have Ace?
    I have Ace & have experienced all the event epic LTs in games. I use Ace daily and build my accounts around her since she is the current most broken EVE LT.