• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Jim
    Lackey
    • Sep 2017

Scratchers

I urge devs to take a close look at the return for scratchers. The ratio of prize return is not accurate. For example one it says 1 refill per 6 tries and it isn't so. Many times I have sctrached 20 consecutive ones and barely got one refill.

Thank you
  • Xcali1985
    Head Boss
    • Jun 2013

Re: Scratchers

The RNG in the game is broken. Everyone knows it they won’t fix it. The displayed chances are in no way reflective of real world results.

I don’t roll crates I don’t buy scratchers. I use FP for events to directly purchase refills that’s it. Anything else is literally buying trash and hoping to find a dollar in it.

Comment

• BoredGeek
      Goon
      • Mar 2016

Minimum to get one epic is about 2 to 3 VIPs If you don't get it by the fourth pack. Stop rolling and continue tomorrow . Just my 4 cents

Comment

• Irish
        Brawler
        • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post
        The RNG in the game is broken. Everyone knows it they won’t fix it. The displayed chances are in no way reflective of real world results.

I don’t roll crates I don’t buy scratchers. I use FP for events to directly purchase refills that’s it. Anything else is literally buying trash and hoping to find a dollar in it.
        I do the same. Ive had good luck with rolls though. I would say ive gotten better than expected results as far as rolling epics. But i never chased any desired result, just rolled a few ive bought and the ones ive earned.

Comment

• mr_teflon
          Lieutenant
          • May 2014

I've noticed a trend the last year where it seems to me money seems to drop on scratchers more than anything, at my level I have absolutely no use for it, the thing thats worse about scratchers was when they said over a year ago that they were removing the bit where you win absolutely nothing they just adjusted the nothing slot and changed it to 25k which everytime I roll that I feel its like a kick in the teeth to the player, remove the 25k at the very least and slighly increase the odds of other items dropping.

Comment

• Quaranj
            Boss
            • May 2015

Originally posted by mr_teflon View Post
            I've noticed a trend the last year where it seems to me money seems to drop on scratchers more than anything, at my level I have absolutely no use for it, the thing thats worse about scratchers was when they said over a year ago that they were removing the bit where you win absolutely nothing they just adjusted the nothing slot and changed it to 25k which everytime I roll that I feel its like a kick in the teeth to the player, remove the 25k at the very least and slighly increase the odds of other items dropping.
            Agreed. I can pretty much count on 25k every 10 days.

Comment

• Guy
              Brawler
              • Apr 2015

Yeah, don’t buy scratchers. I mean, I’ll keep buying them, but you should stop.

Comment

• Big Jim
                Lackey
                • Sep 2017

Just did 80$ worth of scratchers again that's a total fp value of 500 or so fp that's a total of 111 scratchers scratched and got 4 ene and 5 stam refills. With a displayed ratio of 1:6 I should have gotten over or close to 18 refills. This math doesn't make sense. We need the displayed information in the game to match the results. It is very disappointing as a customer to see such results. I have no problem with my end game results as long as they are as promised. Being short changed is very frustrating. I urge the devs and developers to fix the displayed ratio or adjust the results accordingly.

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
                I urge devs to take a close look at the return for scratchers. The ratio of prize return is not accurate. For example one it says 1 refill per 6 tries and it isn't so. Many times I have sctrached 20 consecutive ones and barely got one refill.

Thank you

Comment

• Godric
                  Lieutenant
                  • Mar 2013

I've given up on just buying FP for the hell of it. To make sure I'm properly compensated I just wait for level based promos.
                  sigpic
                  Signature by: MageFX

Comment

• Quaranj
                    Boss
                    • May 2015

Just did 80$ worth of scratchers again that's a total fp value of 500 or so fp that's a total of 111 scratchers scratched and got 4 ene and 5 stam refills. With a displayed ratio of 1:6 I should have gotten over or close to 18 refills. This math doesn't make sense. We need the displayed information in the game to match the results. It is very disappointing as a customer to see such results. I have no problem with my end game results as long as they are as promised. Being short changed is very frustrating. I urge the devs and developers to fix the displayed ratio or adjust the results accordingly.
                    The RNG in this game is brutal. Has been since before I started, will likely be the same moving forward.

The stated odds are theoretical. In theory, your RNG should land on a refill 1/6 but it might not. That 1:6 may have awarded to someone who had the RNG give 6/6.

As far as scratchers go, with as many as I have done, I should have rolled a 1* or better Rare or higher by now. I have not. I have hit the 30 refills 2x though in almost 3 years of play.

Not a lot can be done unless they change the seeding method of their RNG which could make things even worse for a while as it is tweaked. I think I'd almost rather they remove the listed odds altogether than break the RNG any more than it is. I mean if it were 100% accurate it would say "You get what you get, feel lucky if it is more than 25k".

The RNG plays into all forms of luck - procs, crate roll results, insignia upgrades, loot drops. Any miniscule change to this could be rough. I mean even if it worked into the player base's favor for a limited time there would be those who missed the party. IE: If the RNG was changed and this resulted in crates paying out an epic every second roll, it might take awhile for that to roll back. This would mean for some that everyone around them shot past them based upon a glitched RNG which would be unrepeatable for those who missed the window.

Before anyone says that is unlikely, I will remind people about the missed decimal on the IOS side of the old MU compensation. IOS players in my own empire rolled crates for hours before the problem was corrected...and Androids got the actual payout due. Not the 10x IOS got. Sure, Kabam took the FP back if it was unspent but many went nuts rolling (As many would with a bounty tossed in their lap.) and surpassed players with more invested in the game.

I bring that up because a core change like this cannot be taken lightly. I would love to see a more accurate RNG, but am unwilling to wake up to nearly everyone else having 9* Overkill to have that happen.

The more I think about it, the more I think this game needs disclaimers everywhere. Expect nothing, feel lucky when you get something that you want.

Comment

• Big Jim
                      Lackey
                      • Sep 2017

Agree to everything somewhat expect the fact of people having 9* overkill. The idea of a lot people having 9* overkill or not shouldn't be be a decision that developers make rather a player who uses the game. If I want my rate % to be correct on crate rolls or on My scratchers cuz I want to roll for 9* epic is decided by my spending. I just don't see how this is a finacially a bad idea for the developers. People don't spend on crate as much as they can be given little better chances. Win win and in this case scratchers as well .
                      Originally posted by Quaranj View Post
                      The RNG in this game is brutal. Has been since before I started, will likely be the same moving forward.

The stated odds are theoretical. In theory, your RNG should land on a refill 1/6 but it might not. That 1:6 may have awarded to someone who had the RNG give 6/6.

As far as scratchers go, with as many as I have done, I should have rolled a 1* or better Rare or higher by now. I have not. I have hit the 30 refills 2x though in almost 3 years of play.

Not a lot can be done unless they change the seeding method of their RNG which could make things even worse for a while as it is tweaked. I think I'd almost rather they remove the listed odds altogether than break the RNG any more than it is. I mean if it were 100% accurate it would say "You get what you get, feel lucky if it is more than 25k".

The RNG plays into all forms of luck - procs, crate roll results, insignia upgrades, loot drops. Any miniscule change to this could be rough. I mean even if it worked into the player base's favor for a limited time there would be those who missed the party. IE: If the RNG was changed and this resulted in crates paying out an epic every second roll, it might take awhile for that to roll back. This would mean for some that everyone around them shot past them based upon a glitched RNG which would be unrepeatable for those who missed the window.

Before anyone says that is unlikely, I will remind people about the missed decimal on the IOS side of the old MU compensation. IOS players in my own empire rolled crates for hours before the problem was corrected...and Androids got the actual payout due. Not the 10x IOS got. Sure, Kabam took the FP back if it was unspent but many went nuts rolling (As many would with a bounty tossed in their lap.) and surpassed players with more invested in the game.

I bring that up because a core change like this cannot be taken lightly. I would love to see a more accurate RNG, but am unwilling to wake up to nearly everyone else having 9* Overkill to have that happen.

The more I think about it, the more I think this game needs disclaimers everywhere. Expect nothing, feel lucky when you get something that you want.

Comment

• Quaranj
                        Boss
                        • May 2015

Agree to everything somewhat expect the fact of people having 9* overkill. The idea of a lot people having 9* overkill or not shouldn't be be a decision that developers make rather a player who uses the game.
                        I meant in the bugged sense: IE: A change is made that allows a portion of the community to exploit a fault that not everyone is able to utilize.

I mean think about waking up to a bunch of 9* epics everywhere, and then finding out it was a fixed glitch that you could not participate in where there was no repercussions for exploiting in the first place because "How could they know it's not supposed to be working like that?" In this scenario, you could end up short-changed by an instant benefit that would take years of free play.

Similar to this has happened in the past.. a change happens, people get excited and tell others and then it is fixed. You either are amongst the lucky who tripped over the exploit or you are amongst the rest who may have more invested but are now weaker than your team mates who are barely active who were at the right place at the right time.

Don't get me wrong. I'd be all for them looking into the RNG on internal servers outside of production. Experience dictates that we are often the beta testers though so I'm a bit cautious about this proposed change. I'd only want to see it go "Live" if it were "bulletproof".

Comment

• Godric
                          Lieutenant
                          • Mar 2013

Agree to everything somewhat expect the fact of people having 9* overkill. The idea of a lot people having 9* overkill or not shouldn't be be a decision that developers make rather a player who uses the game. If I want my rate % to be correct on crate rolls or on My scratchers cuz I want to roll for 9* epic is decided by my spending. I just don't see how this is a finacially a bad idea for the developers. People don't spend on crate as much as they can be given little better chances. Win win and in this case scratchers as well .
                          I love this! I guess because they make so much with the current RNG why tweak it? But I'd love to better returns for my spending. I think removing common's from crates could be a good start. REAL money doesn't feel all too premium at times.
                          sigpic
                          Signature by: MageFX

Comment

• Mercurial
                            Soldier
                            • Mar 2016

E.g. The Fleur glitch was big when it was giving out way too much 2nd tier class xp. Some managed to level up to 5 very easily. Then it was fixed, and everyone else has had to grind it.

Comment

• alexian
                              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Anchovy
                              Why not make different crates or scratcher levels, like most games out there?

Common Crate = same as what we have now for 30FP
                              Uncommon crate = starts from uncommons for 60FP
                              Rare crate = starts from rare Lts for 100FP
                              Epic crate = without Event LTs for 250FP

Common Scrtchers = same as now for 5FP
                              Uncommon scratchers = no more cars and money prizes for 10FP
                              Rare scratchers = Better odds for higher prizes for 20FP
                              Epic scratchers = only great prizes for 50FP
                              This is a good overall ideea, but what's with these prices? The Anniversary epic is 150ish fp. An epic crate shouldn't be so much more expensive. And I doubt they were offering the Anniversary epic at a special price.
                              Last edited by alexian; 10-16-2017, 07:53 AM.
                              48BE8B

Comment

Working...
                              X