Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Needs new content

Re: Needs new content

Quote Originally Posted by Xcali1985 View Post
    That’s part of the problem with long term accounts and releasing content, everyone one has stockpiles of resources and can purchase everything fairly quickly or they make it super expensive to deplete some resources and it makes the lower accounts look at it like a pipe dream.
    The way I see it, it would have taken close to 2 years to save up that much cc. I’ve got no issues with “rewarding” long term players in that respect by allowing them to instantly upgrade several skills.

The alternative would be to “punish” long term accounts, introduce a new currency and tell them that the thousands of cc that they have spent months or even years saving up is now effectively useless.

I’m much more ok with people benefiting from having stockpiles of cc than any other currency in this game because, for the most part, you can’t buy cc so it is almost entirely dependent on activity and I believe it is in the best interest of the game to both encourage and reward activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalstorm View Post
    The way I see it, it would have taken close to 2 years to save up that much cc. I’ve got no issues with “rewarding” long term players in that respect by allowing them to instantly upgrade several skills.

The alternative would be to “punish” long term accounts, introduce a new currency and tell them that the thousands of cc that they have spent months or even years saving up is now effectively useless.

I’m much more ok with people benefiting from having stockpiles of cc than any other currency in this game because, for the most part, you can’t buy cc so it is almost entirely dependent on activity and I believe it is in the best interest of the game to both encourage and reward activity.
    yes my cc didnt fall from the sky , i was rewarded for playing 3.1 wars a day/year , its only fair that i can spend them somewhere each time i get some.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalstorm View Post

I’m not against it and I have over 130k saved up myself. I was just stating that it’s an issue with developing content for a game that is predicated on grinding for material.

You go from excitement about new content to the same boredom within a matter of days or weeks because of the resources saved up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcali1985 View Post
    You go from excitement about new content to the same boredom within a matter of days or weeks because of the resources saved up.
    That might be an over reaching statement. I don't remember any excitement over chempacks at all. It was another added grind and I still see a lot of toons with none applied in EvE at all. I think I have seen only a couple level 4s lifetime so far. (Unless I perhaps were to specifically dig through the top 10)

The main account is a maxed heavy maxed term nearly maxed sniper and a very nicely upgraded enforcer. I couldn't just sit on CCs.

I like Chempacks and Level Cap items.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I like Chempacks and Level Cap items.
    But were you excited when they arrived? Heart filled with joy and elated?
    If you were, you're the 1st I have met.

weren't chempacks the year before advertised as "fun summer content coming" or something a long those lines lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_teflon View Post
    weren't chempacks the year before advertised as "fun summer content coming" or something a long those lines lol.
    Yes 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Quaranj View Post
    But were you excited when they arrived? Heart filled with joy and elated?
    If you were, you're the 1st I have met.
    Yea I was like awesome, I can add some levels to my favorite LTs. Then you realize the grind involved and it becomes silly.

This game is getting extremely stagnant - we need something new asap!

Maybe they release more LOADOUTS!!! Give us a break and make more loadouts available asap.

Enforcer

Just started playing a new game since i'm a anime bleach fan ... yes!!! they have a anime story so its not very diff to make the plot and stuff... but there are so many stuff to do and content keeps growing every week...

However always Glad to see Duke giving us hopes... New feature you say... hopes high...

Also reduce the grind... the wheels are falling apart... get those x2 silver and Gold jobs mode every month...