Thread: EvE Grid Powers

EvE Grid Powers

I had an idea I would like to put forward to shake up EvE a little.

EvE grid powers, bascically each grid 1- 9 offers a different power to the building or inhabitants that reside there.

Position 1 could offer 10 percent damage mitigation, position 2 increased helath bonus, position 3 resistance to ill effects etc.

This could be a permanent thing and would make people think about swapping buildings about.

Another possibility it could be done once a week where powers are placed randomly and we call it Chaos EvE.

Re: EvE Grid Powers

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    I had an idea I would like to put forward to shake up EvE a little.

EvE grid powers, bascically each grid 1- 9 offers a different power to the building or inhabitants that reside there.

Position 1 could offer 10 percent damage mitigation, position 2 increased helath bonus, position 3 resistance to ill effects etc.

This could be a permanent thing and would make people think about swapping buildings about.

Another possibility it could be done once a week where powers are placed randomly and we call it Chaos EvE.
    Buildings already have those powers... for example: Sniper tower gives a % attack bonus to people in it, Armory gives % action recharge... from memory, only the warehouse has no power

Quote Originally Posted by Anchovy View Post
    Buildings already have those powers... for example: Sniper tower gives a % attack bonus to people in it, Armory gives % action recharge... from memory, only the warehouse has no power

That's like saying we already have crit bonus on lts so why have crit bonus on weapons, insignia etc.

Actually sniper tower is the only building that gives only its inhabitants a boost.

I want to bump this post as I still believe it to be a good idea but only as a random grid power day on a weekend, weekends wars are getting quieter and I thought this idea would liven them up a bit.

Does anyone have a suggestion for what random grid power they would like to see ?

I'm all for spicing up weekend wars.

I have seen several empires (mine included at times) turn into an unreal ghost town as everyone goes out, spends time outside away from their devices or just getting their housework done.

I think your random power idea could be a lot of fun!

One random square getting a crit bonus, one getting a damage bonus, one getting a damage mitigation bonus, one getting juggernaut, one getting hot shot, one getting a super stim (woken and hard to debuff), one with true map sight (like everyone is marked targets to them), one with heightened dodge chance, one with deflect. Each power on your random tile applying to all on it regardless of class.

Give them double class XP, regular XP, 4x cash and a heavier weighted collect screen (perhaps 2 or even 5 empire drops and random type of crate shard (gold/silver/regular and either a rare/epic insignia or a legend shard drop) and I don't think as many players would so easily brush off weekend EvE altogether as some do now.

+1

Anyone feel like making this pretty for the content suggestion thread? I really like the idea.

Thinking about this more I think there should be more than 9 randoms so that you're never necessarily having a mirror-match of skills.

Others square types could be double class coins, or halved token timers, 100HP auto heal upon token gain, etc.

This way it becomes less about toon layout and strategy and forces you to think on your feet with the cards you have been dealt.

Sorry if I appear to be jacking your thread here Shifty, but the more I think about this, the more fun I think it could be!

You’re not jacking it, I’m glad someone has finally cottoned on to how fun this could be, I like your idea about better rewards for this weekly grid power day to encourage more to participate on a weekend.

I like the sound of that power(true map sight) that’s a great one, that’s the kind of ideas I was hoping for.

I like this idea too but i think we need to have a way to lock in one or two team building/people loadouts because switching everything is ridiculously time consuming. But a great idea in my opinion.