Thread: EvE Grid Powers

EvE Grid Powers

I had an idea I would like to put forward to shake up EvE a little.

EvE grid powers, bascically each grid 1- 9 offers a different power to the building or inhabitants that reside there.

Position 1 could offer 10 percent damage mitigation, position 2 increased helath bonus, position 3 resistance to ill effects etc.

This could be a permanent thing and would make people think about swapping buildings about.

Another possibility it could be done once a week where powers are placed randomly and we call it Chaos EvE.

Re: EvE Grid Powers

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    I had an idea I would like to put forward to shake up EvE a little.

EvE grid powers, bascically each grid 1- 9 offers a different power to the building or inhabitants that reside there.

Position 1 could offer 10 percent damage mitigation, position 2 increased helath bonus, position 3 resistance to ill effects etc.

This could be a permanent thing and would make people think about swapping buildings about.

Another possibility it could be done once a week where powers are placed randomly and we call it Chaos EvE.
    Buildings already have those powers... for example: Sniper tower gives a % attack bonus to people in it, Armory gives % action recharge... from memory, only the warehouse has no power

Quote Originally Posted by Anchovy View Post
    Buildings already have those powers... for example: Sniper tower gives a % attack bonus to people in it, Armory gives % action recharge... from memory, only the warehouse has no power

That's like saying we already have crit bonus on lts so why have crit bonus on weapons, insignia etc.

Actually sniper tower is the only building that gives only its inhabitants a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    That's like saying we already have crit bonus on lts so why have crit bonus on weapons, insignia etc.
    I did not think about that... what I want to try and avoid is a set special per grid position, which would render the other team's layout obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchovy View Post
    I did not think about that... what I want to try and avoid is a set special per grid position, which would render the other team's layout obvious.
    I prefer my 2nd idea where it is for one day a week and it's random, the Chaos EvE idea.