Thread: All Attack or Hybrid for Defensive Assassin?

All Attack or Hybrid for Defensive Assassin?

Hello UE Community,

I'm nearly done the LSi portion of my build and will be transitioning to building my battle stats soon. Initially I planned to become a defensive Assassin maxing out skills like Decap, Cunning, and Payback. I was going to build up both my Atk and Def at a 1:1 ratio but after looking at some old forum post it seems Atk is far more useful than defense currently. Here is my current position, any recommendations or where I should take things after getting my stamina to 1k? Is adding to defense worth it nowadays??

Stats:
    Level: 411
    Energy: 2000
    Stamina: 946
    Atk: 1 (+22)
    Def: 1 (+1)
    Health: 100 (+240)

LTs:

Right Hand: 5* Scorpion
    Enforcer: 5* GMan
    Captain: 2* Scythe
    Assassin: 4* Gutter
    Underboss: 3* Agent 0

Skills:
    Decapitate: Lvl 2
    CC: 6k

Signature by: MageFX

Re: All Attack or Hybrid for Defensive Assassin?

no damage mitigation lts or dodge deflect on the loadout u mentioned , if u want defensive build u need a good defending loadout .
    now assassin doesnt have any skill that makes u absorb more tokens only payback to deal more counter damage so id say to max effect of payback and cunning u need to absorb more tokens so that means u need to mitigate more damage , in order to do this u need defensive lt skills and defense stats.
    attack based assassin defender would be effective only when he is very strong on defending power compared to the players on enemy team .

Defensive assassin was pretty much Lt dependant, its like ^Reaper said - if you weren't way stronger than your attacker its not as effective as it would seems given how crazy people hit nowadays.

But if you still want to build it make aure you had 2 loadouts, for defending and attacking/capping. Make sure you imclude damage mitigation Lt or insig on defending or you could use dodge Lt buffed by battle rank bonus.

For stat if you want to maximize the counter damage you could go all attack and health (or you can use insignia) + payback and cunning but you'll be prone to nowadays crit/crit damage/buffed damage attacker, but you probably deal more damage when using normal attack/cripple.

The classic all def assassin gives you more damage mitigation, better chance to survive attacking fiesta and if you upgrade all the skill - wil be almost invincible to splash damage. You probably will be more focused in caps

Or balanced build that gives you some of both world. In the end simce assassin wasn't main defender class, you'll probably won't be sucking token as much as if you're playing enf/titan but with some luck if you landed some crazy Lt you might go far.

if your sole purpose as a sin is to decap, then it doesn't really matter wether you go all A, D or split. Your main worry is how you want to deal with the other aspects of the game: PvP and Bossing.
    I would advise to go Decap3 only as skills, the rest, keep your CC for an upgrade to reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchovy View Post
    I would advise to go Decap3 only as skills, the rest, keep your CC for an upgrade to reaper.
    If they're specifically a capper for the empire, reaper isn't exactly an upgrade for their role. The higher start cap is nice but the drop in damage makes it fairly useless fast to those who cap 20+/war.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaranj View Post
    If they're specifically a capper for the empire, reaper isn't exactly an upgrade for their role. The higher start cap is nice but the drop in damage makes it fairly useless fast to those who cap 20+/war.
    You completely missed the point of my post, what I meant to say was that beside decap3, there isn't any other skill worth wasting CCs on.
    He might get bored of executing at some stage...
    Last edited by Anchovy; 10-03-2017 at 02:43 AM.

Goodric here is my Code. DAE3F7
    I will give u advice and my thoughts. However I always say build it how u want it. No matter what u do. Its ur toon have fun.

Thanks
    Menace

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Anchovy View Post
    You completely missed the point of my post, what I meant to say was that beside decap3, there isn't any other skill worth wasting CCs on.
    He might get bored of executing at some stage...
    Actually cripple and opportunist together are great skills against all these sleeping high health puddings that are more common place now.

Decided I’m going to just go all atk + decap 3. Save up 30k CC and go Reaper