• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trapp
    Lackey
    • Sep 2017

Empire PvP wars

This is going to be hard to explain but il do my best.

I suggest if 5 members hit another 5 members who belong to another empire. It will start an empire pvp war.

This means both empires have quick links in the empire chats to the other empire.

And also all money stolen from your empire and all the money stolen from there empire players would be clear to see.

First empire to 1 billion in total would end the PvP war and they would win. Only way to end the EvE PvP war early is if both leaders click a truss options in the empire section.

Not sure if I've explained this good enough any questions please ask!
  • Mist
    Retired Game Guru
    • Jan 2013

Re: Empire PvP wars

Intersting idea.
    sigpic

Comment

• Anchovy
      Banned
      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Trapp View Post
      Only way to end the EvE PvP war early is if both leaders click a truss options in the empire section.
      Great idea, however for a truce to really be successful you'd have to have people listen to the leader, a lot don't.

Comment

• Trapp
        Lackey
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Anchovy View Post
        Great idea, however for a truce to really be successful you'd have to have people listen to the leader, a lot don't.
        Yes but the truce would remove the quick links from the empire chat and stop the farm count for both empires. You could also have a cool down of 24 hours. So even if players keep hitting and PvP war wouldn't initiate until the cooldown run out.

Comment

• Metalstorm
          Brawler
          • Nov 2013

You could also have a system where you cannot win any xp, bp or money from the members of the opposing empire for 24-48 hours after a truce has been agreed too but if a member of empire A hits a member of empire B during that period (even if it was only a 1 stam hit) then that member of empire B gets 1 retaliation attack against a member of their choosing in empire A where they can get xp, bp and money as normal.

Comment

• Trapp
            Lackey
            • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Metalstorm View Post
            You could also have a system where you cannot win any xp, bp or money from the members of the opposing empire for 24-48 hours after a truce has been agreed too but if a member of empire A hits a member of empire B during that period (even if it was only a 1 stam hit) then that member of empire B gets 1 retaliation attack against a member of their choosing in empire A where they can get xp, bp and money as normal.
            Possibly something the devs could look in to.

Comment

• Ogre180
              Lieutenant
              • Aug 2013

i think this is a really interesting idea really. As an empire leader i typically do not get involved as i would usually end up being the person someone is going to come to. That, and i'm not a big PvP fan anyway, rather do bosses.

This is something that happens in the game ALL the time anyway. I feel something along the lines of Trapp's suggestion would be a good way to capitalize on it and make it more fun for everyone involved. It also makes a feud between two empires mean something.

As a side note, i think that once a war is started that there is criteria for who you can hit. I think that if the offensive or defensive power is too great a difference that the system does not allow somoene to attack. It could something like a level to power ratio, i'd hate to see something like this be promoted and the sub level 500 players get throttled because they are being farmed by at 1500+

Comment

• Anchovy
                Banned
                • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Trapp View Post
                I suggest if 5 members hit another 5 members who belong to another empire. It will start an empire pvp war.

This means both empires have quick links in the empire chats to the other empire.
                Have given it more thoughts and, we actually do have a quick link function to the top Aggressive accounts against our empire. Also everyone attacking your empire will appear on the feed. I believe this is enough already.

Comment

• tambunan
                  Enforcer
                  • Feb 2016

Have given it more thoughts and, we actually do have a quick link function to the top Aggressive accounts against our empire. Also everyone attacking your empire will appear on the feed. I believe this is enough already.
                  أ¨

Lets say if they modified it with some regulation that prevent empires from exploiting it - and give some kind of reward for empires that winning the war (once a day/week/3 days or whatever) - and oh, faeming the same player over and over again does not gives you point )

Could be fun though

Comment

• Anchovy
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2017

Originally posted by tambunan View Post
                    أ¨

Lets say if they modified it with some regulation that prevent empires from exploiting it - and give some kind of reward for empires that winning the war (once a day/week/3 days or whatever) - and oh, faeming the same player over and over again does not gives you point )

Could be fun though
                    I don't think there's anything wrong with Farming, it's the game. Wether you attack a player because of money, points, or just random anger, it's your game to play and your stamina to spend. I smile when I see level 200 with a BR24 complaining about being hit by bigger toons. I have a level 800 BR7 and very rarely get hit.
                    if one wants a high and shiny BR, one has to accept the consequences.

Comment

• tambunan
                      Enforcer
                      • Feb 2016

I don't think there's anything wrong with Farming, it's the game. Wether you attack a player because of money, points, or just random anger, it's your game to play and your stamina to spend. I smile when I see level 200 with a BR24 complaining about being hit by bigger toons. I have a level 800 BR7 and very rarely get hit.
                      if one wants a high and shiny BR, one has to accept the consequences.
                      Ya got me all wrong, if one resort to farming its their choice - i won't be commenting on that. What i mean in farming in my previous statement was related to empire PvP wars op originally presented, if dev modified it with rewards - there should be some restriction to forbide any exploitation of the war itself and how to win the war (1 billion points like OP suggested for example).

Comment

• tambunan
                        Enforcer
                        • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Anchovy
                        I understand. But wouldn't that spoil PvP for some? unless players could opt-in or opt-out of the empire war?
                        Nah, keep farming mechanics on - just negates the point from repeated executions to one player in short period (20 mins?) done by the same guy when the empire wars on. Outside of that its free for all.

Comment

• edmwyh
                          Goon
                          • May 2014

Originally posted by Ogre180 View Post
                          i think this is a really interesting idea really. As an empire leader i typically do not get involved as i would usually end up being the person someone is going to come to. That, and i'm not a big PvP fan anyway, rather do bosses.

This is something that happens in the game ALL the time anyway. I feel something along the lines of Trapp's suggestion would be a good way to capitalize on it and make it more fun for everyone involved. It also makes a feud between two empires mean something.

As a side note, i think that once a war is started that there is criteria for who you can hit. I think that if the offensive or defensive power is too great a difference that the system does not allow somoene to attack. It could something like a level to power ratio, i'd hate to see something like this be promoted and the sub level 500 players get throttled because they are being farmed by at 1500+
                          What about during the battle everyone becomes lv1 with 1 stat but have their LT powers ... that also makes the game more depend on the types of LT you have and their powers...

Comment

• DFish
                            Brawler
                            • Mar 2015

Along these lines, you could make an empire event, start it on the 1st, and record battle points earned by empires. Like we track boss points. Except have actual rewards for top 100 empires.

Other ideas to spice up empire v empire would be grudge match where a leader can send EvE challenge to another empire. Have a rematch option for close wars. Seems like rematches only happen for the blow outs- in the past I have seen the same empires battle 3 out of 5 wars and none of them close.

Comment

Working...
                            X