Thread: Scythe power clarification

Scythe power clarification

Quick basic question. Is the heal % of scythe power based on the total damage of the hit or just on what lands?

For example. 5000 damage powershot to a guy with 2000 health and I have a 1* scythe.

Is it:

1- 250 health healed (5% of 5000)
    2- 125 health healed (5% of 2000)

Jp

Re: Scythe power clarification

I was always under the impression it was based on shot damage not true damage.

I could be wrong I didn’t score high enough to get her last time. There are plenty of players with her that should be able to verify it.

If not, then I think deflect is the only “skill” LT or class that goes off shot damage and not true damage.

You only get health returned based on the total remaining health of your target. In other words, if you get a 10k crit on a guy with 200 health, you'll only get health returned based on the 200 health, not the 10k damage.

Goon

It appears that several months ago Scythe was debuffed. I would encourage the devs to look at how she works for healers as given her power description I would think that she should return in health to the healer the x% of counterdamage done to attacker by healer.

For example, if I seat a 5* Scythe (97% damage return 12% health) and she is cloned with my 9* Lady Viice (100% clone) then the math is as follows:

If I normally do 400 counter damage then instead if Scythe was seated RH, I would do 388 counter damage (97% of 400) and steal up 93 health (12% + 12%(cloning) times 388 counter damage).

Many of us built around Scythe and worked to maximize counter damage. I urge the devs to fix Scythe so she works as advertised as it appears she is currently working differently than described above.

Very truly yours,
    ⚡️Alpha⚡️
    Last edited by alpha6776; 09-28-2017 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Fixed typos

I honestly can’t even remember how the devs nerfed her but I had built my toon around her, including starring up damage lts to increase counter damage. Could you remind us of the counter caps you put on her so people can judge whether to star her up?

Quote Originally Posted by goldy View Post
    I honestly can’t even remember how the devs nerfed her but I had built my toon around her, including starring up damage lts to increase counter damage. Could you remind us of the counter caps you put on her so people can judge whether to star her up?
    ^This!

I recall a nerf happening but I don't think we got official details as to how bad it was.

^Hopefully all the necessary changes are considered heavily !!

Quote Originally Posted by Quaranj View Post
    ^This!

I recall a nerf happening but I don't think we got official details as to how bad it was.
    It was a somewhat large nerf. If you have Scythe seated and are being hit by a dead player, you no longer steal life from them. In all honesty, it does make sense that you shouldn't lifesteal from dead people. The nerf definitely took her down a few notches though.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaranj View Post
    ^This!

Duke explained it all pretty well if I recall, it was part of an overall balance of LT skills because damage mitigation LTs had a chance to mitigate 100%.

I’m searching for the post
    Last edited by Xcali1985; 09-28-2017 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcali1985 View Post
    Duke explained it all pretty well if I recall, it was part of an overall balance of LT skills because damage mitigation LTs had a chance to mitigate 100%.

I’m searching for the post
    Are you referring to the fact that damage mitigation bonuses multiply instead of adding up? The thread in which it was announced (about 2 years ago) is before Duke. Not sure how to find it, I think it was something along the lines of "EvE changes and balance"?
    The only debuff of Scythe that I remember is, as Babaju mentioned, that you don't gain Scythe health if you are hit by dead people.
    Last edited by alexian; 09-29-2017 at 04:54 AM.

Goon

Quote Originally Posted by alexian View Post
    Are you referring to the fact that damage mitigation bonuses multiply instead of adding up? The thread in which it was announced (about 2 years ago) is before Duke. Not sure how to find it, I think it was something along the lines of "EvE changes and balance"?
    The only debuff of Scythe that I remember is, as Babaju mentioned, that you don't gain Scythe health if you are hit by dead people.
    It would be helpful if UWE_ Duke could explain the math on Scythe when defending in EVE. I laid out my understanding of the way she should work based off her description.

Very truly yours,

⚡️Alpha⚡️

Quote Originally Posted by alpha6776 View Post
    It appears that several months ago Scythe was debuffed. I would encourage the devs to look at how she works for healers as given her power description I would think that she should return in health to the healer the x% of counterdamage done to attacker by healer.
    Fark...if that's the case, I did 4* my scythe (16 epics were harmed in the process) and with 0 attack, my counter is extremely low so I probably don't even need scythe in the first place.