• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPitalia
    Goon
    • Mar 2017

Scythe power clarification

Quick basic question. Is the heal % of scythe power based on the total damage of the hit or just on what lands?

For example. 5000 damage powershot to a guy with 2000 health and I have a 1* scythe.

Is it:

1- 250 health healed (5% of 5000)
    2- 125 health healed (5% of 2000)

Jp
  • Xcali1985
    Head Boss
    • Jun 2013

Re: Scythe power clarification

I was always under the impression it was based on shot damage not true damage.

I could be wrong I didn’t score high enough to get her last time. There are plenty of players with her that should be able to verify it.

If not, then I think deflect is the only “skillâ€‌ LT or class that goes off shot damage and not true damage.

Comment

• Mdwstrnkid
      Consigliere
      • Aug 2013

You only get health returned based on the total remaining health of your target. In other words, if you get a 10k crit on a guy with 200 health, you'll only get health returned based on the 200 health, not the 10k damage.

Comment

• alpha6776
        Goon
        • Nov 2015

It appears that several months ago Scythe was debuffed. I would encourage the devs to look at how she works for healers as given her power description I would think that she should return in health to the healer the x% of counterdamage done to attacker by healer.

For example, if I seat a 5* Scythe (97% damage return 12% health) and she is cloned with my 9* Lady Viice (100% clone) then the math is as follows:

If I normally do 400 counter damage then instead if Scythe was seated RH, I would do 388 counter damage (97% of 400) and steal up 93 health (12% + 12%(cloning) times 388 counter damage).

Many of us built around Scythe and worked to maximize counter damage. I urge the devs to fix Scythe so she works as advertised as it appears she is currently working differently than described above.

Very truly yours,
        ⚡️Alpha⚡️
        Last edited by alpha6776; 09-28-2017, 05:49 AM. Reason: Fixed typos

Comment

• goldy
          Lackey
          • Jun 2014

I honestly can’t even remember how the devs nerfed her but I had built my toon around her, including starring up damage lts to increase counter damage. Could you remind us of the counter caps you put on her so people can judge whether to star her up?

Comment

• Quaranj
            Boss
            • May 2015

Originally posted by goldy View Post
            I honestly can’t even remember how the devs nerfed her but I had built my toon around her, including starring up damage lts to increase counter damage. Could you remind us of the counter caps you put on her so people can judge whether to star her up?
            ^This!

I recall a nerf happening but I don't think we got official details as to how bad it was.

Comment

• Big Jim
              Lackey
              • Sep 2017

^Hopefully all the necessary changes are considered heavily !!

Comment

• Bungboy
                Hitman
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Quaranj View Post
                ^This!

I recall a nerf happening but I don't think we got official details as to how bad it was.
                It was a somewhat large nerf. If you have Scythe seated and are being hit by a dead player, you no longer steal life from them. In all honesty, it does make sense that you shouldn't lifesteal from dead people. The nerf definitely took her down a few notches though.

Comment

• Xcali1985
                  Head Boss
                  • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Quaranj View Post
                  ^This!

Duke explained it all pretty well if I recall, it was part of an overall balance of LT skills because damage mitigation LTs had a chance to mitigate 100%.

I’m searching for the post
                  Last edited by Xcali1985; 09-28-2017, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• alexian
                    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post
                    Duke explained it all pretty well if I recall, it was part of an overall balance of LT skills because damage mitigation LTs had a chance to mitigate 100%.

I’m searching for the post
                    Are you referring to the fact that damage mitigation bonuses multiply instead of adding up? The thread in which it was announced (about 2 years ago) is before Duke. Not sure how to find it, I think it was something along the lines of "EvE changes and balance"?
                    The only debuff of Scythe that I remember is, as Babaju mentioned, that you don't gain Scythe health if you are hit by dead people.
                    Last edited by alexian; 09-29-2017, 04:54 AM.
                    48BE8B

Comment

• alpha6776
                      Goon
                      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by alexian View Post
                      Are you referring to the fact that damage mitigation bonuses multiply instead of adding up? The thread in which it was announced (about 2 years ago) is before Duke. Not sure how to find it, I think it was something along the lines of "EvE changes and balance"?
                      The only debuff of Scythe that I remember is, as Babaju mentioned, that you don't gain Scythe health if you are hit by dead people.
                      It would be helpful if UWE_ Duke could explain the math on Scythe when defending in EVE. I laid out my understanding of the way she should work based off her description.

Very truly yours,

⚡️Alpha⚡️

Comment

• Massmurder
                        Consigliere
                        • Sep 2015

Not sure if she has always worked like this but last war realized her health gain doesn't work if the attacker is dead also. All other LT skills work if dead, why not hers?

Comment

• UWE_Duke
                          Developer
                          • Jul 2016

Originally posted by JPitalia View Post
                          Quick basic question. Is the heal % of scythe power based on the total damage of the hit or just on what lands?

For example. 5000 damage powershot to a guy with 2000 health and I have a 1* scythe.

Is it:

1- 250 health healed (5% of 5000)

Jp

And I'd like to say: We've NEVER nerfed Scythe. If you have time to search my post, you could find Devs(UWE_Tank,Me and someone else) answered this question many times. Scythe does the math only based on the damage value that target received, Which means lifesteal ain't work if the target receive 0 damage(dead, dodge...). And it lasts years since she came out. If you are saying that the descriptions make you confused, I'd say we are sorry(Description plank has limited space, we can't place all the informations. That why we always post a thread to explain new powers. However, those descs still make sense though). but if people are accusing us that we nerfed something without announcing, I think that is defamation. I don't know why people keep challenging Devs and accusing us that "Dev changed something without announcing" these days. We never, ever do that.
                          Sorry for replying late, have been working on the new content for weeks, don't have much time to check forum. I highly recommend people to report issue through customer service, they always provide quicker response.

Thanks,
                          UWE_Duke

Comment

• alpha6776
                            Goon
                            • Nov 2015

Duke,

With all due respect, something did change with how Scythe works when defending (beyond the change that no health is stolen from a dead hitter).

This change may have been done by PA and prior to Gaea purchasing the UE game. Please see my post above with regard to how Scythe works when defending for a healer...if I counter-damage, does Scythe return x% of that counter-damage to me in health?

She should and if she doesn’t work that way her description doesn’t make sense...health steal should not be based on how much incoming damage I would be receiving from attacker but rather based on my counter-damage against attacker.

Many of us built our toons to do maximum counter-damage when healing so that health steal would be optimized and I do not believe this is how Scythe is setup to work ingame...fix that and I will continue to star her up...this change makes sense given that everyone was just given an opportunity obtain Scythe in the event before last.

We appreciate your continued feedback and look forward to new content. If responding to these posts is a challenge because devs are busy on that new content, it might make sense to add more devs to comment here as there are a lot of questions / inquiries for one person to handle..just my .02.

Very truly yours,
                            ⚡️Alpha⚡️

Comment

• Massmurder
                              Consigliere
                              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Massmurder View Post
                              Not sure if she has always worked like this but last war realized her health gain doesn't work if the attacker is dead also. All other LT skills work if dead, why not hers?
                              What I meant as me seating scythe while I'm dead I receive no health when attacking live targets.

I join war late, I'm dead, I change to attack lineup, I get overkill hits(overkill), splash damage(morningstar), free tokens(Layla or Frank) but receive no health(scythe). As a Titan I'm stacking armor while dead so it's not like I'm receiving more damage than I would gain health wise.

Just curious

Comment

Working...
                              X